The Bills over WY by 2

The Wiz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Had the day off so took some time to watch the last 12:55 of Ill. St. SLU had 23 possessions during that time, 22 actual possessions, and a quirky one where Parker’s flagrant 1 foul was considered a possession.

Of those 22 real possessions, the Bills had 8 end in a shot attempt (went 0-9 as Gibby had a putback blocked,) 8 ended in a turnover, and 6 ended in FTs. Most of the shots missed were good shots which were falling earlier but missing late. One or two of the turnovers came as a result of risky passes, but the rest were just things that can happen at any point in a game. Guys were trying to make plays but for one reason or another couldn’t pull them off.

IMHO, it didn’t look to me like there was any change in tempo, just the law of averages working out to where you have one turnover in 52 possessions,  but 8 in 22, while shooting 51% on 43 attempts for 27 mins. and 0% on 9 attempts for 13 mins.

As far as the weave goes, it seems to me the time spent on that has been cut at least in half, and the two or three passes involved are simply to establish each player’s position in the halfcourt set to initiate screens, cuts, passing lanes, and so on.

We need to get our bigs improving quickly and avoid injuries. So far, it’s been a fun team to watch despite the late fades.

-thanks for this

-CFord and staff watched the same and while there are likely many others, I see three of the  possible conclusions being:

1-like you said law of averages and don't change anything

2-this was at the end of the game after we have been applying full court pressure which will lead to removing or reducing the press and no change to the rotation of players

3-this was at the end of the game after we have been applying full court pressure which will lead to continuing to press and a redistribution of minutes/increase in the rotation of players

28 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I'd like to see the Wiz's and their computer battle it out. My money is on the Wiz's machine.

I would say if you can take The Bills and get 11 points go for it. Every  model I have seen has the Bills winning in a close one.  Seems the WY computer may be a few Megs short of a Gig.  My computer would eat that Laramie computer for lunch.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-thanks for this

-CFord and staff watched the same and while there are likely many others, I see three of the  possible conclusions being:

1-like you said law of averages and don't change anything

2-this was at the end of the game after we have been applying full court pressure which will lead to removing or reducing the press and no change to the rotation of players

3-this was at the end of the game after we have been applying full court pressure which will lead to continuing to press and a redistribution of minutes/increase in the rotation of players

I would like to add  1 more...#4....we tire  out after 30 min.

shempie likes this

https://dataskrive.com/about/

Meet Data Skrive...DS is the one or thing  who picked WY by 11....and that's why it's called ARTIFICIAL intelligence.

The Wiz to his computer....What do you know about Data Skrive?

Computer......Joke....next thing you know it will be trying to forecast college  basketball games.

Computer....Why is the picture and all the stats that it is using to  make its decisions from 2022?  It is almost 2024.

The Wiz...Don't know

Computer...And why are all rights reserved??!! Like someone's going to steal 2 year old WY basketball stats with out of sync spreads. That machine is going to give us all a bad name.   Humans beware!  Next thing you know Mountain West will be rated the #1 conference in D1.

At this point ,  I had to turn off the computer  as it was starting to over heat.

46 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Meet Data Skrive...DS is the one or thing  who picked WY by 11....and that's why it's called ARTIFICIAL intelligence.

Computer......Joke....next thing you know it will be trying to forecast college  basketball games.

Computer....Why is the picture and all the stats that it is using to  make its decisions from 2022?  It is almost 2024.

The Wiz...Don't know

Computer...And why are all rights reserved??!! Like someone's going to steal 2 year old WY basketball stats with out of sync spreads. That machine is going to give us all a bad name.   Humans beware!  Next thing you know Mountain West will be rated the #1 conference in D1.

At this point ,  I had to turn off the computer  as it was starting to over heat.

The answer wouldn't be that Wyoming was 25-9 in '21-'22, but 9-22 in '22-'23, would it?  

3 hours ago, dlarry said:

Not sure why Allen Iverson is writing articles on Wyoming basketball but it seems to me he took one to many Charles Oakley elbows to the dome. 

Seems like there ought to be a Fennis Dembo joke in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The Wiz...Don't know

What makes it even funnier is AI content can’t be copyrighted in the first place.

The Wiz likes this

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The Wiz...Don't know

hahaHal

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

cbssports.com line has dropped to Wyoming +2.5, o150. ESPN concurs:  SLU -2.5. 

Game is on ESPN2 at 1 pm Central.

It looks like the gurus  are following the path of The Wiz...

39 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

You’re a trendsetter, trail blazer, Wiz! 
cbssports now says WYO +2, o149.5; ESPN SLU -1.5. Cowboys on The Strip must be putting money on their WYO team. 

Vegas...Gateway to Wyoming....Supporting their fellow Mt West member.