Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

On 4/13/2024 at 3:15 PM, Pistol said:

I've searched but can't find anything about who it is.

Still nothing. 

I did find out that Mackenzie Hare from Marquette went in the portal when they changed coaches up there. She was committed to coming here before we changed coaches, it would be nice to get her down here. I’m sure we could find a place for someone who shoots a 3 like she does.

Pistol likes this

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I saw on Twitter that it is Hailey Van Lith.  If that is correct, and she's the Hailey Van Lith I'm seeing online, she averaged 11.6 points per game at LSU last season.  Can that be right?

EDIT - Looking again, the post I saw was from the Midtown Madness Podcast.  Not sure if it was a blue ink style post.

5 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I think I saw on Twitter that it is Hailey Van Lith.  If that is correct, and she's the Hailey Van Lith I'm seeing online, she averaged 11.6 points per game at LSU last season.  Can that be right?

EDIT - Looking again, the post I saw was from the Midtown Madness Podcast.  Not sure if it was a blue ink style post.

LSU’s Hailey Van Lith transferred to TCU. 

On 4/17/2024 at 6:35 PM, Lord Elrond said:

Still nothing. 

I did find out that Mackenzie Hare from Marquette went in the portal when they changed coaches up there. She was committed to coming here before we changed coaches, it would be nice to get her down here. I’m sure we could find a place for someone who shoots a 3 like she does.

Some of the schools that have reached out to Kenzie Hare include:

Drake, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma Virginia Tech.

Neither Hare nor her teammate Liza Karlen, one of the better players in the portal, are expected to follow their previous head coach to Virginia Tech. And neither are expected to stay at Marquette.

Karlen visited Notre Dame last weekend. (potential final four team next year) And instead of committing, Karlen wanted to listen to some other big name schools first, including a few of the biggest.

44 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time.

17 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time.

While the science on this is fairly new, it appears trees do scream in response to stress.  It is just a frequency we are unable to hear.

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

While the science on this is fairly new, it appears trees do scream in response to stress.  It is just a frequency we are unable to hear.

Oh god, Jack Handey was right.

57 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Screaming trees are real.  I first saw Screaming Trees live opening for Alice In Chains at Mississippi Nights back when I was in high school.  Great show.

Nice. I was too young for that. Screaming Trees was never able to translate their live shows to recordings. If they had they would have been the most popular band of the era. Better live sound than any Seattle band. RIP Mark Lanegan.

brianstl likes this

On 4/19/2024 at 2:59 PM, courtside said:

Some of the schools that have reached out to Kenzie Hare include:

Drake, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma Virginia Tech.

Neither Hare nor her teammate Liza Karlen, one of the better players in the portal, are expected to follow their previous head coach to Virginia Tech. And neither are expected to stay at Marquette.

Karlen visited Notre Dame last weekend. (potential final four team next year) And instead of committing, Karlen wanted to listen to some other big name schools first, including a few of the biggest.

Kenzie committed to Iowa State today:

https://x.com/kenzie_hare12/status/1782434637769245043?s=46&t=TsCCkuE48YmnkWfoKqc_Ng

On 4/19/2024 at 9:55 PM, brianstl said:

Screaming trees are real.  I first saw Screaming Trees live opening for Alice In Chains at Mississippi Nights back when I was in high school.  Great show.

Damn. I hope you saved that stub. What a show. 

On 4/19/2024 at 11:01 PM, thetorch said:

Nice. I was too young for that. Screaming Trees was never able to translate their live shows to recordings. If they had they would have been the most popular band of the era. Better live sound than any Seattle band. RIP Mark Lanegan.

Love that - was fortunate enough to see both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam in the 90s, but I would have killed to have seen the Trees. Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog would have also been fantastic, but I guess I saw Cornell, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament and Matt Cameron with their primary bands. We won’t see another era like the grunge alt+rock era of the 90s ever again. Even in the Midwest, acts like Macomb’s Stabbing Westward and Detroit’s Sponge were hugely successful. Loved the band Stir from STL and Brother Cane out of Birmingham. 

brianstl likes this

Coach Tillett just re-tweeted (is it proper to call it a re-tweet now that Twitter is X?  Did she re-X it?) Anyway, she repeated that a Billiken is on route.  Guess we’ll wait and see, three slots open between returning players and incoming freshmen.

32 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Coach Tillett just re-tweeted (is it proper to call it a re-tweet now that Twitter is X?  Did she re-X it?) Anyway, she repeated that a Billiken is on route.  Guess we’ll wait and see, three slots open between returning players and incoming freshmen.

Technically this was a separate tweet.  Not a re-tweet of the one from 4/13.  As far as I know there wasn’t any news about that one / who it was.  I’d assume this is a different player altogether, but who knows

On 4/22/2024 at 7:40 PM, Lord Elrond said:

Apparently, there’s a 6’5 transfer from a Power 5 school transferring in with the announcement scheduled for tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Apparently, there’s a 6’5 transfer from a Power 5 school transferring in with the announcement scheduled for tomorrow. 

Oh boy, we cookin' now fellas 😎