I would Love to see Caleb Love come home and play for SLU

33 minutes ago, Schasz said:

diary...Caleb Love would be nice for SLU but you shouldn't get your hopes too high. Lot's of Power 5 U's also want him too, and in UNC he's leaving a basketball U with a whole bunch of success in their past. No substantiated rumor on any leader so far, but it will be interesting to see who wins the NIL battle for his services. 

you-dont-say-frowning.gif

ACE likes this

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Sure SLU has competition for Caleb Love.  But evidently he took SLU's call.  Reading the naysayers, if we give up before we even make the attempt, we're never going to get anywhere.  Again it's like at the bank, if you don't ask, the answer is always No.

I dont think anyone here thinks we shouldn't have at least made the call.  That's just smart. 

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If Chaifetz wants Caleb Love to be a Billiken, he can make it happen. 

This is, partially true. Love may still want to play P5 ball..

At what point does it make sense to spend a ton on one player, and not have enough to field a competitive team. A fear of mine is spending a $ of NIL funds on one player. 

Schasz likes this

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This is, partially true. Love may still want to play P5 ball..

At what point does it make sense to spend a ton one player, and not have enough to field a competitive team. I small fear of mine is spending a % of NIL funds on one player. 

Agree and agree. 

But any NIL situation is ripe for one player to be overpaid and the others feel jilted. Team chemistry at every University has new challenges. 

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Agree and agree. 

But any NIL situation is ripe for one player to be overpaid and the others feel jilted. 

Jesus I cant type, glad you could read through that.   True. I guess there will always be one who gets the most. 

Just now, wgstl said:

Jesus I cant type, glad you could read through that.   True. I guess there will always be one who gets the most. 

I have zero information but was an imbalance of the scant NIL $ at SLU this season an issue in the locker room? 

23 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I think it’s clear we are among people who don’t really pull for our Billikens.  They are getting their time in the limelight after a disappointing year.  I’m sure there are some in this thread who would hate a Caleb Love commitment.

I love SLU.  SLU does not love me back.

TaLBErt and JMM28 like this

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I have zero information but was an imbalance of the scant NIL $ at SLU this season an issue in the locker room? 

There was never anything more than MBM speculation that perhaps some felt at unease that Yuri was getting such a huge amount compared to everyone else. 

24 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I love SLU.  SLU does not love me back.

Box and Won having spent a lot of money going there attending games and donating money to SLU I have the same thoughts you conveyed here!

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Sure SLU has competition for Caleb Love.  But evidently he took SLU's call.  Reading the naysayers, if we give up before we even make the attempt, we're never going to get anywhere.  Again it's like at the bank, if you don't ask, the answer is always No.

When Rameys name came up last year we were told that would never happen. If I was him we would make sense for his professional future as he would be our go to guy. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Agree and agree. 

But any NIL situation is ripe for one player to be overpaid and the others feel jilted. Team chemistry at every University has new challenges. 

If we would somehow land Love, Chaifetz probably wouldn't be the guy paying the bulk of the tab.  Just like I don't believe Chaifetz was paying the bulk of the money to Yuri this past season.  He paid some of the NIL money Yuri got, but I don't think he was paying most of it.

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If we would somehow land Love, Chaifetz probably wouldn't be the guy paying the bulk of the tab.  Just like I don't believe Chaifetz was paying the bulk of the money to Yuri this past season.  He paid some of the NIL money Yuri got, but I don't think he was paying most of it.

An individual or corp can now target a single athlete through the Influencer Process.  It appears that Chaifetz went through this process, at least in part, for his use of Collins in the NIL.

I too have no hard facts on who paid what.  What is 'published' is that Collins somehow is repping the Pickleball team and the Chaifetz Group.  Compsych is also a Chaifetz company.

I doubt that Chaifetz was involved in the clothing brand, but I am just guessing.

Yuri Collins
@smoovYC1

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

An individual or corp can now target a single athlete through the Influencer Process.  It appears that Chaifetz went through this process, at least in part, for his use of Collins in the NIL.

I too have no hard facts on who paid what.  What is 'published' is that Collins somehow is repping the Pickleball team and the Chaifetz Group.  I doubt that Chaifetz was involved in the clothing brand, but I am just guessing.

Yuri Collins
@smoovYC1

The fact Parker has been commenting on some of STL shocks IG posts leads me to believe he may soon be involved..