GDT: La Salle; Why didn’t Han Solo enjoy his steak dinner?

SluSignGuy

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

No recruit has ever said I choose state u. over city u. because of the message boards.

You have no idea if that’s true Brian… but we do know what you say, because we have your actual words… it’s your right to be a Ford hater and disparage him, don’t sell yourself short, you’re a very persuasive guy!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You caught me. I'm a closet Tiger fan......

Seriously dude.  Everyone knows the tigerboard is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.....well almost everyone.....

Personally I would never spend time on a board dedicated to an inferior public university located in mid-Missouri when there is such a great one here.

And just in case there are any potential recruits reading this, CHOOSE TO GO TO SLU AND SAVE YOUR VERY SOUL!!!

Billiken Rich likes this

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You caught me. I'm a closet Tiger fan......

Seriously dude.  Everyone knows the tigerboard is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.....well almost everyone.....

Wow...I thought you would appreciate a little humor regarding the notoriously wretched Tigerboard. Are you thin skinned and triggered easily all the time, dude...or only when you are awake?🙄

45 minutes ago, brianstl said:

No recruit has ever said I choose state u. over city u. because of the message boards.

Agree Brian...but a really good recruit might wonder how a HC who is recruiting him hard could possibly lose to a lowly team like SIUE at home especially after his team had an 18 point lead in the 2nd half. 

2 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Agree Brian...but a really good recruit might wonder how a HC who is recruiting him hard could possibly lose to a lowly team like SIUE at home especially after his team had an 18 point lead in the 2nd half. 

If you decide on going to that school, these are the fans that will hopefully be supporting you through the next four or five years.  I would also check out message boards of the school and see how the fans are then.  I talked with a recruit who was considering an in-state school but he hated the way that the fans treated the players on message boards.  If a player on the team had a bad game, then someone on the boards would attack the play of this person.  It was not a surprise that the recruit choose another school, even with it still being in the same conference.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/74501-fans-do-play-a-role-in-the-athletic-recruiting-process-for-schools.amp.html

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You have no idea if that’s true Brian… but we do know what you say, because we have your actual words… it’s your right to be a Ford hater and disparage him, don’t sell yourself short, you’re a very persuasive guy!

I don’t hate Travis Ford.  Thinking a coach needs to achieve certain results isn’t hate.  It is a standard all coaches should be held too.  I don’t think Travis should be fired at this point.  I am hopeful for how the rest of the season will play out, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held accountable if the season craters.  It isn’t like my opinion matters because I am almost certain he will return no matter what.  Travis seems like a pretty good guy and SLU could do (and has done) much worse.

The only SLU coach I ever hated was Jim Crews.  A bad person who basically stole the university’s money and who should have never got the job in the first place.

57 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

35 minutes ago, HenryB said:

You sure about that? Ever hear of Google?

If a recruit goes somewhere else because a percentage of a message board wants a coach fired I don’t want that player anyway because he is soft. 

Box and Won, AGB91 and TheA_Bomb like this

T Ford had never finished above 4th in the A10 and people are arguing he could compete in the BE?!

I also don't hate Ford.  I just have no faith he'll ever win a NCAA tournament game at SLU.  Dude has squandered Marcus Smart B12 PotY and  YC the Nation's Assist leader. He needs to go.

Schasz likes this

Just now, dlarry said:

If a recruit goes somewhere else because a percentage of a message board wants a coach fired I don’t want that player anyway because he is soft. 

I didn't express an opinion on that. Brian unequivocally stated that no recruit has ever been influenced by a message board.  Looks like Brian was wrong. I don't necessarily agree that he's soft...no one likes reading/bad things about themselves. That being said, a player or coach who reads fan message boards is very foolish. 

10 minutes ago, HenryB said:

If you decide on going to that school, these are the fans that will hopefully be supporting you through the next four or five years.  I would also check out message boards of the school and see how the fans are then.  I talked with a recruit who was considering an in-state school but he hated the way that the fans treated the players on message boards.  If a player on the team had a bad game, then someone on the boards would attack the play of this person.  It was not a surprise that the recruit choose another school, even with it still being in the same conference.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/74501-fans-do-play-a-role-in-the-athletic-recruiting-process-for-schools.amp.html

Do you realize that Bleacher Report in 2008 was a site that anyone with an internet connection could write an article for with no editors or any journalistic standards? Even our own Metz did it in occasion. No writer’s name is attached to the article and it is nothing more than a glorified message board post.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Do you realize that Bleacher Report in 2008 was a site that anyone with an internet connection could write an article for with no editors or any journalistic standards? Even our own Metz did it in occasion. No writer’s name is attached to the article and it is nothing more than a glorified message board post.

You are really desperate, aren't you? Do you realize how very, very foolish it is to say that something has never happened? If you would have qualified that not many are influenced I would have agreed with you. You can Google it yourself...I am sure you will have no trouble finding others. Even just one makes you wrong. You really have a difficult time admitting that you aren't always the smartest man in the universe. 

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Yeah I’m calling Horse Crap on that article. 

I would also say any article that references MySpace isn’t a valid source anymore.

1 minute ago, HenryB said:

You are really desperate, aren't you? Do you realize how very, very foolish it is to say that something has never happened? If you would have qualified that not many are influenced I would have agreed with you. You can Google it yourself...I am sure you will have no trouble finding others. Even just one makes you wrong. You really have a difficult time that you aren't always the smartest man in the universe. 

Almost as foolish as using an article with no listed author and no named player as proof that it did happen, but you do you.

I am confident that no recruit has ever decided to not attend a school because a message board was not nice enough to the head coach. 

Just now, brianstl said:

Almost as foolish as using an article with no listed author and no named player as proof that it did happen, but you do you.

I am confident that no recruit has ever decided to not attend a school because a message board was not nice enough to the head coach. 

🤣🤣🤣 I see....ignore whatever anyone else says but accept what Brian says as the gospel! 

13 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Yeah I’m calling Horse Crap on that article. 

I would also say any article that references MySpace isn’t a valid source anymore.

Of course, it is not nearly as authoritative as something one of our elites has posted on billikens.com! 🤣

Just now, HenryB said:

Well I am glad that you have acknowledged you are talking crap! Thanks!

What else would you call Message board chat? 

That’s another reason a kid would be nuts to base his decision on what he reads on a message board. Because it’s a bunch of anonymous people talking about stuff with no inside information.

almaman likes this

47 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

T Ford had never finished above 4th in the A10 and people are arguing he could compete in the BE?!

I also don't hate Ford.  I just have no faith he'll ever win a NCAA tournament game at SLU.  Dude has squandered Marcus Smart B12 PotY and  YC the Nation's Assist leader. He needs to go.

This

34 minutes ago, HenryB said:

🤣🤣🤣 I see....ignore whatever anyone else says but accept what Brian says as the gospel! 

32 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Of course, it is not nearly as authoritative as something one of our elites has posted on billikens.com! 🤣

What you don’t get is my post or just about any other post on this board was as well researched as the link you posted as some kind of gotcha.  Just the opinion of an anonymous idiot (I mean that in the best possible way) on the internet that spends too much time caring about a college sports team. At the end of the we just all want the Billikens to win.