GDT: La Salle; Why didn’t Han Solo enjoy his steak dinner?

SluSignGuy

If you think we're bad on this board you don't know what bad is.

Even if your supposition were true there would be no way to control fans.  There are too many outlets.  So no we will not fall in line and hold hands and say that Ford is better than Majerus and could compete in the BE. Regardless of the 1 in a 10000000000000000000000000 chance it could be the deciding factor on where a hypothetical recruit will go to school.   H#ll I already know the B12 player of the year or a current starter on the Washington Wizards could come here and we still wouldn't win an NCAA tournament game.  We probably wouldn't even win an NIT game.  Why? Over 25 years of results.

BC1764 and Schasz like this

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Even if your supposition were true there would be no way to control fans.  There are too many outlets.  So no we will not fall in line and hold hands and say that Ford is better than Majerus and could compete in the BE. Regardless of the 1 in a 10000000000000000000000000 chance it could be the deciding factor on where a hypothetical recruit will go to school.   H#ll I already know the B12 player of the year or a current starter on the Washington Wizards could come here and we still wouldn't win an NCAA tournament game.  We probably wouldn't even win an NIT game.  Why? Over 25 years of results.

The A_Bomb...think we are on the same page regarding CTF!

3 minutes ago, Schasz said:

The A_Bomb...think we are on the same page regarding CTF!

Also everyone lay off Schasz you're all projecting insecurities onto his previous posts.

If you continue to lambast him I have no recourse but to defend him in trial by Native American Leg Wrestling in the parking lot of the Knights Inn Salinas, KS. Bring yer paystubs!

4 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

It's way easier if you think that the circumstances are the same. Every coach in the BE is better than Ford. Almost every school has deeper pockets, longer tradition, more dedicated fans, etc... Sure, it would be great to be the 5th best team in the BE. They're all way better programs except St. Johns. 

You're under the wrong impression.

• Coaching: You really think Patrick Ewing and Tony Stubblefield are better than Coach Ford? Their records certainly don't show it. Kyle Neptune is unproven. Holloway had a magical year, but is unproven at the next level (and never won the MAAC while he was there).
  • Deep pockets: SLU would have the second largest endowment in the Big East, after Georgetown.
  • Longest tradition: SLU has been in the same conference as 5 of the Big East's 11 members, so there's already a lot of shared history, culture, tradition, etc.... SLU would be the second oldest school in the Big East, after Georgetown.
  • Fan dedication: DePaul average home attendance last season was 3,256. SLU 5,517. Georgetown 5,525. St. John's 6,273, Butler 7,608.
  • Facilities: Marquette, Georgetown, Creighton, Providence, Seton Hall, and DePaul don't have basketball arenas. St. John's gymnasium would be middling in the A10. Villanova's is only slightly better. UConn's has a slightly smaller capacity than Chaifetz. SJU, 'nova, and UConn also play games in arenas they don't own.

So yeah. The Big East is a really good basketball conference. But not something that's across the board on a different level than SLU.

Adman, BC1764 and Bills By 40 like this

6 minutes ago, HenryB said:

I love the were not as bad as someone else defense!🤣🤣🤣🤣

We can't be "not as bad as someone else" because this place is objectively a top 10 nicest college basketball forums in the NCAA. It's not even a little bad here. But as someone who is lamenting the issue of message board morale toward recruiting, it's interesting that you are responding my reasonable explanation with mockery. What if a recruit were to see it....*GASP*

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Maybe if we are just a little nicer we will start getting top 50 recruits.

If message boards can keep players from committing I don’t see why they can’t help us land a few recruits. 

I love you guys

Welcome home, Matas Buzelis.

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/matas-buzelis-273623?view=pv

9 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You’re arguments are that of a small child…”well they’re doing it too…. You losers won’t even wait until the end of the year…think of it, they are 6–1 in the conference with 3 road wins and it’s nothing but incessant bitching… call yourself what you want, but you’re no fan of the university… 

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re arguments are that of a small child…”well they’re doing it too…. You losers won’t even wait until the end of the year…think of it, they are 6–1 in the conference with 3 road wins and it’s nothing but incessant bitching… call yourself what you want, but you’re no fan of the university… 

A little "bothsidesism" here:

I set myself up for failure this year by totally buying into the hype and thinking this team could win 30 games. Not fair to the program to set the bar so high it would take a perfect storm to hit it.

That said, have you ever seen or heard Kentucky fans after a game they didn't win by "enough", let alone lose? It's a bit worse than here. 

18 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

A little "bothsidesism" here:

I set myself up for failure this year by totally buying into the hype and thinking this team could win 30 games. Not fair to the program to set the bar so high it would take a perfect storm to hit it.

That said, have you ever seen or heard Kentucky fans after a game they didn't win by "enough", let alone lose? It's a bit worse than here. 

Stop the excuses, do you want the coach fired or not??? By the way, we’re not Kentucky…here’s what happens if you fire the coach, the first thing that happens is your roster empties including your incoming recruits and you start from ground zero.. I wonder how patient you so called fans will be after we have a 10-22 season the following year. 

We aren’t having this conversation if we stayed within 10-15 points of Iona, actually make some shots in crunch time against Boise St, and maintained an 18 point lead at home against SIUE. I don’t think any of those things are big asks and would change our season drastically. Going 6-1 against bottom half A10 teams doesn’t change that. This team was receiving T25 votes before the year!

By the way we had a 6 game win streak with 3 road wins against A10 bottom feeders last season and you see where we ended up?

10 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Stop the excuses, do you want the coach fired or not??? By the way, we’re not Kentucky…here’s what happens if you fire the coach, the first thing that happens is your roster empties including your incoming recruits and you start from ground zero.. I wonder how patient you so called fans will be after we have a 10-22 season the following year. 

Starting from ground zero in 2023 is different than even five years ago though. Not necessarily advocating for/against keeping him, but building a roster from scratch is the easiest it’s ever been. 

I think it’s a little crazy to think that anyone who thinks we deserve better than 1 NCAA in 9 years (with no at large) is a “so called fan” or whatever other names you’ve used in this thread. We spend more than any other team in our league (including on our coach) and the results don’t show it.

4 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

We aren’t having this conversation if we stayed within 10-15 points of Iona, actually make some shots in crunch time against Boise St, and maintained an 18 point lead at home against SIUE. I don’t think any of those things are big asks and would change our season drastically. Going 6-1 against bottom half A10 teams doesn’t change that. This team was receiving T25 votes before the year!

By the way we had a 6 game win streak with 3 road wins against A10 bottom feeders last season and you see where we ended up?

Yes, I did, we were 23–12…. I get it, you want the coach fired and you want everyone to know it… 

Just now, Littlebill said:

Starting from ground zero in 2023 is different than even five years ago though. Not necessarily advocating for/against keeping him, but building a roster from scratch is the easiest it’s ever been. 

I think it’s a little crazy to think that anyone who thinks we deserve better than 1 NCAA in 9 years (with no at large) is a “so called fan” or whatever other names you’ve used in this thread. We spend more than any other team in our league (including on our coach) and the results don’t show it.

You’re delusional, P5 schools are rebuilding their rosters with the likes of SLU players not vice versa…

15 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Yes, I did, we were 23–12…. I get it, you want the coach fired and you want everyone to know it… 

NIT with the occasional lucky A10 tourney run is Ford’s ceiling. Are you okay with that? I’m not a Joe Labs or Bonner89 or BC…. I was a ford defender until the SIUE loss and I hope he pulls out a conference tourney run this year. But I just want better for SLU than the status quo.

23 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re delusional, P5 schools are rebuilding their rosters with the likes of SLU players not vice versa…

Is it not easier to build a roster now than ever? I don’t think that’s even a point of contention. That’s what I said in my post - you’re just arguing to be argumentative at this point

This place has gotten exhausting

Ever heard of the transfer portal and NIL ?

28 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Is it not easier to build a roster now than ever? I don’t think that’s even a point of contention. That’s what I said in my post - you’re just arguing to be argumentative at this point

This place has gotten exhausting

You just have to walk away from BIG BILL/HenryB.  They especially are exhausting and will stay up past their bedtimes to get the last word in.

It IS an intriguing thought that the transfer portal makes a coaching change far less devastating than in the past.  I'm not ready to dump Travis but the rebuilding from his departure wouldn't need to be multiple years.......

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You just have to walk away from BIG BILL/HenryB.  They especially are exhausting and will stay up past their bedtimes to get the last word in.

It IS an intriguing thought that the transfer portal makes a coaching change far less devastating than in the past.  I'm not ready to dump Travis but the rebuilding from his departure wouldn't need to be multiple years.......

And losing your roster can happen even quicker…. 

I would be much more patient and understanding during a rebuild season than I am during an underachieving season.

Look, I get why people want to keep Ford around I get wanting to move on from Ford.

What I don’t get is thinking that either of these opinions are crazy or makes you less of a fan.

To not admit Ford has done good things is wrong.

To not think his seat should be getting warm is just as wrong. 

Just now, dlarry said:

I would be much more patient and understanding during a rebuild season than I am during an underachieving season.

Look, I get why people want to keep Ford around I get wanting to move on from Ford.

What I don’t get is thinking that either of these opinions are crazy or makes you less of a fan.

To not admit Ford has done good things is wrong.

To not think his seat should be getting warm is just as wrong. 

Out of good posts for the day.  (Steve's server must be in Fiji because they reset at weird times)  The Ford situation is kind of like Soderberg's although Travis has done more than Brad.  Is there a Majerus waiting in the wings?  If so lets go.  Show me something better and I may go for it......