NIL News

Taj79

Yeah, I'm back.  Much to the chagrin of a few I guess (more than a few probably) looking at the latest NIL issue(s).  The provided link is a read from ESPN and I hope you have ESPN+ sign-in rights to read it.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34548517/from-cavinder-twins-kendric-davis-transfers-cash-big-college-basketball

I have to still admit that I don't get it.  Yet thanks to those who explained the Instagram followers part of it all but outside of Emoni Bates, Nigel Pack, Andre Cubelo and Courtney Ramy, none of these folks strike me as household names of any significance.  Bates because we played him at Memphis.  Pack because of his being in the news on his transfer to Miami.  Curbelo because he was at Illinois.  And Ramey because he's from St. Louis.  Still, it's a good read that clears everything crystal like mud.  

I'm still left wondering just what Armando Bacot did at UNC for half a million dollars last year.  What did Miller do for that tech company?  What will Pack do to shine off the court?  Will anyone know Edert at Bryant?  Will Davis lose luster underperforming with Penny's usual under performing crew?  What cachet does the Ole Miss lady carry forward to Tennessee?  I get Parrish moving back home, even just as a minimum.  I'm glad kids can make money, but what is a good deal vis-a-vis a really good deal?  St. John's hasn't been relevant in the Big East for a while now and if they underperform, what does Curbelo gain?  The fact that Ohio State needs $13 million annually for it's athletes in NIL seems absurd,  very much like pay-for-play --- but they are a money machine in Columbus.  I wonder what Penn State paid for that freshmen flock of talent in their backfield right now and how did the QB escape tOSU?  

Oh well, it's an interesting read.

Old guy likes this

13 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Yeah, I'm back.  Much to the chagrin of a few I guess (more than a few probably) looking at the latest NIL issue(s).  The provided link is a read from ESPN and I hope you have ESPN+ sign-in rights to read it.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34548517/from-cavinder-twins-kendric-davis-transfers-cash-big-college-basketball

I have to still admit that I don't get it.  Yet thanks to those who explained the Instagram followers part of it all but outside of Emoni Bates, Nigel Pack, Andre Cubelo and Courtney Ramy, none of these folks strike me as household names of any significance.  Bates because we played him at Memphis.  Pack because of his being in the news on his transfer to Miami.  Curbelo because he was at Illinois.  And Ramey because he's from St. Louis.  Still, it's a good read that clears everything crystal like mud.  

I'm still left wondering just what Armando Bacot did at UNC for half a million dollars last year.  What did Miller do for that tech company?  What will Pack do to shine off the court?  Will anyone know Edert at Bryant?  Will Davis lose luster underperforming with Penny's usual under performing crew?  What cachet does the Ole Miss lady carry forward to Tennessee?  I get Parrish moving back home, even just as a minimum.  I'm glad kids can make money, but what is a good deal vis-a-vis a really good deal?  St. John's hasn't been relevant in the Big East for a while now and if they underperform, what does Curbelo gain?  The fact that Ohio State needs $13 million annually for it's athletes in NIL seems absurd,  very much like pay-for-play --- but they are a money machine in Columbus.  I wonder what Penn State paid for that freshmen flock of talent in their backfield right now and how did the QB escape tOSU?  

Oh well, it's an interesting read.

everyone has a billion things that don't seem "significant". different strokes & all that. 50 years ago I figured progress would march on, but USA cares more about English Royalty then ever b4. none of us $'ed up for any of the McBroom nonsense but others did. as Savoy Brown once sang "wouldn't it be a drag if we were all the same"

11 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Is Ohio State really going to get their alumni to kick in 13 million a year, every year going forward? However much money the school gets from TV, none of that can be used for NIL, that’s all additional money coming out of peoples pockets.  I guess time will tell…

If your alumni body is large enough, the probability of having enough people with enough wealth to support this level of donations in a regular basis goes up. Perhaps Ohio State can do it, I suppose it is possible.