GDT: Umass (pt. 1)

A10Ref

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It really isnt. Over the past few weeks I’ve seen several ppl say this team could win the A10T or something along those lines and I’ve been just mind blown. Belmont and uab are not special teams. And we played auburn “close”.  It’s an nit team which given the loss of Perkins, is fine. I’ll be honest, I told my friend to take the  umass spread tonight, I didn’t think we would win.  

Yep. I don't think this one is really on Ford as much as Belmont and UAB as well. He can't play defense. He pressed. He did everything I wanted in the Belmont and UAB games. Just didn't get it done. And refs handed them some points. End of story.

Old guy and A10Ref like this

I don’t understand why, when we needed a 3, we had Yuri, Traore and Thatch on the floor.

I don’t know why Nesbitt didn’t play during crunch time but Rashad Williams got his first minutes of the game then.

I don’t understand why we were switching everything when UMass was clearly hunting the 15 switch so Fernandes could iso a big man.

I don’t get how that was not a foul on Weeks.

ChiBilliken14 likes this

5 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Oldest excuse in the book, but, looking at the stats, the only difference was free throw attempts. That bald ref had it IN for us. Should never have been close anyways, but we win with a neutral whistle. I hate everything. 

No.

We gave up 91 points.

To a bad team. 

2 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Oldest excuse in the book, but, looking at the stats, the only difference was free throw attempts. That bald ref had it IN for us. Should never have been close anyways, but we win with a neutral whistle. I hate everything. 

Idk. I don’t think refs overcome giving up 91. 

Billy Ken likes this

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Yep. I don't think this one is really on Ford as much as Belmont and UAB as well. He can't play defense. He pressed. He did everything I wanted in the Belmont and UAB games. Just didn't get it done. And refs handed them some points. End of story.

What is on Ford is going to Traore over Linsenn when needing a basket towards the end. Not only putting him in but running the action to him! Also why is Fred thatch the one getting a dribble hand off three attempt there when Gibson is in the game. If he’s our “scorer” this year he cannot be on the other side of the court from the ball in that situation. That’s all on coaching and being prepared for those types of situations so you’re not scrambling. 

We aren't very good but we should still beat UMass. Maybe we will Sunday.

When you allow 91 points, that falls on the players and the coach. 

Jimerson took 1 shot in the last 4 minutes and it was with 1 second left. So at least the idea that his lack of big shot making costs us games can be put to rest. Nobody is a big shot maker. And apparently nobody is a defender 

I started watching this with zero passion.  It was looking like a game we usually puke up.    No rivalry. Team that was 0 and 4.  Road game.  No atmosphere.  And my realization that this team is incredibly lacking from a complete perspective.  Maybe they’ll rebound and blow these bums out Sunday. Likely.  But that’s mediocre all over —— up one week, down the next.  I have tickets at Duquesne.  No way we lose to them.  But we likely will.  Passion is gone.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I’ll just say it. Nesbitt doesn’t do enough offensively. And it hurts us. I’m close to wanting Fred to start in place of 

I wish we ran more sets for him. He’s got the skill, he just has to try and muscle his way to the rim too much. I think it would be a huge mistake to not start him.

3 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Oh I agree. It shouldn’t have been where it was. But that was a variable that didn’t go our way looking at the stat sheet. The main, glaring, difference. 

You blame the refs every game we lose. Ain’t the case. The better team won tonight.