Jump to content

SLU Men's Soccer Thread (2020 - 2021)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Which one of us degenerate MBMs is going to hassle College Soccer News about using a logo that hasn't been official in almost a decade?

Man, I hassled them a couple months ago because they use Indiana's soccer crest and were using SLU's regular Billiken logo. Then they switched to SLU's 10-star crest for the next several polls. And now they go back to a previous one?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Man, I hassled them a couple months ago because they use Indiana's soccer crest and were using SLU's regular Billiken logo. Then they switched to SLU's 10-star crest for the next several polls. And now they go back to a previous one?!

@Pistol you may be thinking of Top Drawer Soccer as the website that uses Indiana's crest and now also uses SLU's 10 star crest.

College Soccer News appears to use the regular IU logo and the old SLU logo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

@Pistol you may be thinking of Top Drawer Soccer as the website that uses Indiana's crest and now also uses SLU's 10 star crest.

College Soccer News appears to use the regular IU logo and the old SLU logo.

You are correct. I saw Top Drawer Soccer in the post and read it too quickly. I couldn't believe they had changed it back to something worse already - glad I was wrong. (Still taking credit for the TDS update, though.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I know next to nothing about soccer but have concluded that Top Drawer is clearly the best and most accurate ranking.  Because they always have us higher than everyone else.

I tend to pay more attention to media polls instead of coaches across all sports. You think Coaches watch games outside of film? I seem to remember there being a thing about their votes just getting passed on to SIDs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Really looking forward to seeing my first game on Saturday, anyone else going to be there?

I will be there. Will be my first non-exhibition soccer game at SLU. Never been a big soccer guy but the team is too good not to see in person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I will be there. Will be my first non-exhibition soccer game at SLU. Never been a big soccer guy but the team is too good not to see in person.

I had similar thoughts. This team is special, but I've always been a fan of soccer. It feels irresponsible of me to have never been to a SLU soccer game before this year, when I attended a womens game a few weeks ago. 

Both are incredible programs and I plan to be more supportive moving forward. 

 

Side note - would love to say hi at the game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

It’ll be at SLU if they win. They’ll be day games Friday and Sunday the next week.

right on.  Never been to a college game, was going to make UD my first, but wedding szn.. Will go to a game if they advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

I had similar thoughts. This team is special, but I've always been a fan of soccer. It feels irresponsible of me to have never been to a SLU soccer game before this year, when I attended a womens game a few weeks ago. 

Both are incredible programs and I plan to be more supportive moving forward. 

 

Side note - would love to say hi at the game 

Absolutely! Just PM or we can organize a board meet up at a specific time and place. I’m not particularly familiar with the stadium so I wouldn’t know the best spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

 

Marcos’ family is from Brazil. He is a wing midfielder/forward. He made it all the way out of state and regionals, to the USYS U16 National Semifinals this summer, with his former club team, All Nations Sports Academy out of Houston. (They played at the same place and time as 3 current Billikens (Anderson, Townsend, Ross, who also made it to the national Semifinals two age groups older.) Marcos is a good finisher, especially in space. Plays well from the wing midfield or up top. He is strong technically on the ball. He can also play CM. 

Marcos switched to Rise this fall. They play MLS Next Academy ball. (St. Louis City and St. Louis FC also play in different divisions of that) His division includes teams from Texas, Louisiana, and Colorado. The Boys Academy Director at Rise, spent four years as an academy coach in St. Louis at SLSG. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Great minds think alike but you missed an opportunity for a great meme format

Zac did it. It's also probably our most-liked tweet ever.

We still own the idea and any future manifestations of it, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...