Jump to content

Recruiting - 2022


Pistol
 Share

Recommended Posts

Two more interests off the table. Gortman was never coming here. Brumbaugh was rumored to have a SLU offer (seemed to be bad info) before he blew up.

Rowan Brumbaugh - PG, 6-3, 178 - Washington, DC (Northfield Mount Hermon, MA) - AAU: Prospect U - Twitter: @BrumbaughRowan
Offers: Richmond, George Washington, Xavier, Georgetown, Creighton, Marquette, Butler, Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, Virginia Tech, Miami, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern, Kansas, Texas, West Virginia, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Oregon, California, Wichita State, San Diego State, Penn, Brown, Rice, Ohio, Boston, Elon, William & Mary, Fairfield, Southern Utah, Bryant.

Interest: Saint Louis, VCU, Davidson, St. John's, Duke, Virginia, Louisville, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Boston College, Ohio State, Indiana, Illinois, Florida, Stanford, Temple, Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina, Boise State, Air Force, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Belmont, SIU-Carbondale, Toledo, Western Michigan, Middle Tennessee, Marshall, Milwaukee, East Tennessee State, UNC-Greensboro, VMI, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, South Dakota State, Denver, Iona, Siena, Holy Cross, Lafayette, American, James Madison, UMBC, Mount St. Mary's, Lipscomb, Liberty, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Brumbaugh announced his top 6 - Maryland, Miami, Kansas, Northwestern, Texas, Oregon. (8/11/21)

Scouting Report: Brumbaugh is a tough, poised point guard with a broad skill set. He has a quick release on his short and good range. He's smart, has a great feel for the game, manages tempo, sees the floor well, and finds his teammates. He's an excellent passer. He's efficient and plays well in the pick and roll. Rankings: 247Sports - 139, 247Sports Composite - 175.

 

Jazian Gortman - PG, 6-2, 160 - Columbia, SC (W.J. Keenan) - AAU: Nightrydas (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @TreonLil
Offers: Providence, Florida State, North Carolina State, Miami, Clemson, Wake Forest, Illinois, Maryland, Kansas, Texas, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Wichita State, Murray State, East Tennessee State, Middle Tennessee, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, George Washington, Creighton, Duke, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, Ohio State, Purdue, Baylor, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Missouri, Georgia, USC, Houston, Temple, Furman, Charleston, Stephen F. Austin, Southeastern Louisiana, UC-Riverside, North Carolina Central, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Gortman is going to the Overtime Elite League. (8/11/21)

Scouting Report: Gortman is an excellent two-way point guard with quickness, confidence, and toughness. He's a relentless on-ball defender and creates for himself and others on the offensive end. He has a strong mid-range game, great touch around the basket, and is efficient as a shooter. He's a leader and competitor who plays with smarts. Rankings: Rivals - 13, Prep Hoops - 78, 247Sports - 13, 247Sports Composite - 10, ESPN - 7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jalen Quinn committed to Loyola-Chicago last night. He was one of the first in-person visitors SLU had once recruits could get back on campus this summer. Had an offer but probably saw a crowded backcourt and opted for Loyola.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KyeRon Lindsay, the forward we offered out of ProSkills (TX) in the EYBL/Peach Jam, announced his top 8 and SLU isn't in it. Tennessee, Texas A&M, TCU, Arkansas, UNLV, Georgia, Tulsa, Oklahoma State.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

KyeRon Lindsay, the forward we offered out of ProSkills (TX) in the EYBL/Peach Jam, announced his top 8 and SLU isn't in it. Tennessee, Texas A&M, TCU, Arkansas, UNLV, Georgia, Tulsa, Oklahoma State.

-destined for the Tool Box

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jalen Hampton committed to Missouri State today. SLU interest, no offer. Here's his bio:

Jalen Hampton - SF, 6-7, 195 - St. Louis, MO (Link Year Prep) - AAU: Michael Porter Jr. Elite - Twitter: JalenHampton8
Offers: St. Bonaventure, Missouri State, SIU-Edwardsville, Eastern Illinois, Western Michigan, Illinois-Chicago, Youngstown State, Bryant.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, St. John's, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Boston College, Illinois, Iowa State, Missouri, Cincinnati, Tulsa, East Carolina, UNLV, Colorado State, Boise State, Loyola-Chicago, Northern Iowa, Drake, SIU-Carbondale, Indiana State, Illinois State, Bradley, Murray State, Morehead State, Southeast Missouri, Florida International, Texas-El Paso, Milwaukee, IUPUI, East Tennessee State, UNC-Greensboro, VMI, Sam Houston State, Nicholls State, New Orleans, Appalachian State, Texas-Arlington, Louisiana-Monroe, James Madison, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oral Roberts, Denver, St. Thomas, UC-Davis, NJIT, Montana State, Winthrop, Radford, Longwood, Stetson, North Alabama, New Mexico State, Texas Southern, Coppin State, Jackson State, Grambling State, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Hampton committed to Missouri State. (8/24/21)

Scouting Report: Hampton is a skilled, athletic wing who scores in a variety of ways. He's an elite slasher who gets to the rim in transition, through defenders, using a Euro step, or relying on his leaping ability. He's a high level defender with great lateral quickness and can guard the 1-4. He's developed into a dangerous shooter from outside, as well. He plays with a lot of energy. He transferred from University City to Link Year Prep for his senior year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SLU made Saunders' top 10 but not his top 5:

 

ND and VT are actually new to his list and weren't in the top 10. I guess that's what happens when you make a list and get a couple higher-profile offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU made Saunders' top 10 but not his top 5:

 

ND and VT are actually new to his list and weren't in the top 10. I guess that's what happens when you make a list and get a couple higher-profile offers.

I think we're a still another NCAA appearance away from landing a semi-dominant 6'8 big out high school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think we're a still another NCAA appearance away from landing a semi-dominant 6'8 big out high school.

I agree and I will add Winning the A10 with that appearance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think we're a still another NCAA appearance away from landing a semi-dominant 6'8 big out high school.

Possibly. I've been more interested tracking the 2022 bigs, as higher-profile guards seem like a stretch at this point, given the roster. The pattern with a lot of our 2022 F/C offers has been to offer early and be in the mix, and then the kid's stock rises quickly with a flood of offers in short order.

Saunders blew up this spring and summer. I think he had 1 offer coming into this calendar year and ended up with something like 26. Part of this is pandemic related but no one thought he was semi-dominant until the past few months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Possibly. I've been more interested tracking the 2022 bigs, as higher-profile guards seem like a stretch at this point, given the roster. The pattern with a lot of our 2022 F/C offers has been to offer early and be in the mix, and then the kid's stock rises quickly with a flood of offers in short order.

Saunders blew up this spring and summer. I think he had 1 offer coming into this calendar year and ended up with something like 26. Part of this is pandemic related but no one thought he was semi-dominant until the past few months.

I would say Saunders flying under the radar is almost all pandemic related.  He managed to average 15 ppg despite playing with a D-1 guard who was voted Arizona prep player of the year.  They won the state championship. Under normal conditions, coaches would have been flocking to Sunnyslope's games in the 2nd half of the season considering how dominant they were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Star studded Ramey Fall league featuring our 2 recruits, Thames & Kramer along with John Bol, our '24 recruit who will be the first No 1 overall NBA draft pick from SLU in 2025.

Starts in a couple weeks. Great event that I attend every year.

20210902_152907.jpg

20210902_152925.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appelhans committed to New Mexico. Saving bio in case he reopens at any point.

Braden Appelhans - SG, 6-6, 175 - Blue Springs, MO (Western Reserve Academy, OH) - AAU: KC Run GMC (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @AppelhansBraden
Offers: Wichita State, New Mexico, Akron, Eastern Michigan, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Vermont.

Interest: Saint Louis, George Mason, George Washington, Creighton, Butler, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Wake Forest, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Stanford, Utah, Washington State, SMU, Tulsa, East Carolina, Nevada, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State, Boise State, San Francisco, Harvard, Cornell, Brown, Loyola-Chicago, Drake, SIU-Carbondale, Northern Iowa, Valparaiso, Illinois State, Bradley, Belmont, Morehead State, Austin Peay, Southeast Missouri, Tennessee-Martin, North Texas, Florida International, Rice, Marshall, Ohio, Toledo, Central Michigan, Illinois-Chicago, East Tennessee State, Furman, VMI, Georgia State, South Alabama, Colgate, Lehigh, Drexel, Towson, Iona, Niagara, South Dakota State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Oral Roberts, Omaha, UMBC, NJIT, UC-Santa Barbara, Montana State, Idaho, Northern Colorado, Radford, Bryant, Liberty, Lipscomb.

Latest News: Appelhans finished sixth in scoring efficiency in the UAA. Northwestern, South Carolina, FIU, and East Carolina are now showing interest. (8/11/21)

Scouting Report: Appelhans is a long, lean, left-handed wing who scores on all three levels. He has a smooth stroke with serious range and can make it off the catch or create off the dribble. He's a smart player who read defenses well and knows how to play off screens. He uses his length to finish over smaller players but needs to add to his frame. He transferred from Blue Springs HS to Western Reserve Academy in Ohio for his senior year. Rankings: 247Sports Composite - 252.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Max Lee Allen - PF, 6-9, 260 - Las Vegas, NV (Compass Prep, AZ) - AAU: Vegas Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @MaxLeeAllen1
Offers: Saint Louis, DePaul, Boston College, Houston, UNLV, San Jose State, Portland State.

Interest: Duquesne, Butler, Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arizona, USC, Arizona State, California, Utah State, Boise State, Wyoming, BYU, Saint Mary's, Portland, Dartmouth, Loyola, SIU-Carbondale, Murray State, Morehead State, Rice, Illinois-Chicago, Milwaukee, IUPUI, Sam Houston State, Georgia State, Little Rock, Oral Roberts, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Irvine, UC-Santa Barbara, Cal State-Bakersfield, UC-Riverside, Montana, Montana State, Southern Utah, Eastern Washington, Liberty, Chicago State.

Latest News: Allen received an offer from SLU. (9/13/21)

Scouting Report: Allen is a tough, physical forward with a huge frame. He moves well, with great footwork for his size. He's crafty around the basket. He can stretch defenses with his shooting and mid-range game. He's a good rebounder, too. He plays with high energy every time he steps on the court. Allen began his career at Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, then transferred to Heritage Christian (CA), then to Sierra Canyon (CA), and will finish at Compass Prep (AZ).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Max Lee Allen - PF, 6-9, 260 - Las Vegas, NV (Compass Prep, AZ) - AAU: Vegas Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @MaxLeeAllen1
Offers: Saint Louis, DePaul, Boston College, Houston, UNLV, San Jose State, Portland State.

Interest: Duquesne, Butler, Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arizona, USC, Arizona State, California, Utah State, Boise State, Wyoming, BYU, Saint Mary's, Portland, Dartmouth, Loyola, SIU-Carbondale, Murray State, Morehead State, Rice, Illinois-Chicago, Milwaukee, IUPUI, Sam Houston State, Georgia State, Little Rock, Oral Roberts, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Irvine, UC-Santa Barbara, Cal State-Bakersfield, UC-Riverside, Montana, Montana State, Southern Utah, Eastern Washington, Liberty, Chicago State.

Latest News: Allen received an offer from SLU. (9/13/21)

Scouting Report: Allen is a tough, physical forward with a huge frame. He moves well, with great footwork for his size. He's crafty around the basket. He can stretch defenses with his shooting and mid-range game. He's a good rebounder, too. He plays with high energy every time he steps on the court. Allen began his career at Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, then transferred to Heritage Christian (CA), then to Sierra Canyon (CA), and will finish at Compass Prep (AZ).

Kenny Brown/Tom Frericks/Jimmy Bell have to play somewhere.  I like aircraft carriers.  But more often than not, they're going to be role players on teams with talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Kenny Brown/Tom Frericks/Jimmy Bell have to play somewhere.  I like aircraft carriers.  But more often than not, they're going to be role players on teams with talent.

Right. I also wonder about a guy who has attended four high schools in four years and who will require a long-term development plan with limited minutes early on.

He's got an interesting background. Appears to be 1 of 11 kids. His dad ran a catering business and died last October, survived by those 11 and several grandchildren.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Just watching the video, Kramer reminds me some of St. Joseph's Ryan Daly.

i think he may be a better outside shooter than daly but otherwise i agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the videos of our guys playing in the Ramey League. I am really excited about Kramer, going to be fun to watch for 4 years. He is an odd player to comp because he is a big time shooter with that dog in him. I have a feeling he will not be well liked by opposing fans! Love this addition to the roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Thanks for posting the videos of our guys playing in the Ramey League. I am really excited about Kramer, going to be fun to watch for 4 years. He is an odd player to comp because he is a big time shooter with that dog in him. I have a feeling he will not be well liked by opposing fans! Love this addition to the roster.

Agree and I really like Thames too.

Looking forward to the next oral commitment to be announced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody have any new news on Larry Jr.‘s recruitment? I just looked at the 2022 class list and it still has SLU as his only offer. Maybe it’s just me, but seems unusually quiet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...