Baseball & Sexual Misconduct Claims

My grandmother would say "just because a person is crazy doesn't mean that they are always wrong"  In this post by Tilk - he right  (not about Frank) but about that Goodwin just needs to concentrate on his studies and basketball.  Best to put this behind him and move forward.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/30/2018 at 5:44 PM, gobillsgo said:

Weathers back at it again... He "should have known" she was incapacitated.  Campus police didn't even open an investigation.

I'll admit I know no details of this case.  But it really seems we are at the point where you shouldn't have sex in college without getting some sort of written consent first.

Came across this article today.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/06/06/former-college-student-who-claimed-rape-says-she-lied/

16 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Breitbart. LOL

You mean Brighton LOL.

Keep your politics to yourself creep.

Billiken Rich likes this

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is fun.

Mods care more about profanity and less About this garbage 

It's sort of sad, that you can't post about a relevant topic with out being attacked by a smart ass. I thought athletes being falsely accused of sexual harrassment was a relevant topic, apparently not.

Billiken Rich likes this

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is fun.

Mods care more about profanity and less About this garbage 

With you 100 percent I'll take the profanity over posters that cannot control their impulses by posting their political views.

Just now, BIG BILL FAN said:

It's sort of sad, that you can't post about a relevant topic with out being attacked by a smart ass. I thought athletes being falsely accused of sexual harrassment was a relevant topic, apparently not.

You are right Big Bill and the original post is relevant.  I read that story yesterday from a different news source and it is a similar story that we have read about other accusers in other schools.

I still cannot figure out the basis of the punishments rendered in S2 and my opinion is that it should have been the semester time served and everyone move on with their life.

20 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Here's the thing, I don't disagree your point. You could have just said don't ignore story just because of where it was posted. The article is a relaying of facts and not an opinion piece but Breitbart is known for it's "political opinion pieces". You could have fired up your google machine and found this article from a local news source with no overt political agenda in 2 minutes.

http://fox61.com/2018/06/05/former-sacred-heart-university-student-pleads-guilty-to-false-rape-accusation/

Zink, Matty Light, Brighton and 2 others like this

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Here's the thing, I don't disagree your point. You could have just said don't ignore story just because of where it was posted. The article is a relaying of facts and not an opinion piece but Breitbart is known for it's "political opinion pieces". You could have fired up your google machine and found this article from a local news source with no overt political agenda in 2 minutes.

http://fox61.com/2018/06/05/former-sacred-heart-university-student-pleads-guilty-to-false-rape-accusation/

I'll give everyone a break when it comes to posting stuff on this topic.  The best reporting on this topic has come from people that work at publications both on the left and right that aren't straight news.  Emily Yoffee at The Atlantic and Robby Soave at Reason have been at the forefront of exposing the problems on campus when it comes to this issue.

Brighton and SLU_Lax like this

20 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

except your reply basically agrees to his notion that since the site is conservative it's a joke. His response was correct. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Complete BS. This is a message board. If you snowflakes can't handle an article from a "biased" site, then maybe you shouldn't be here. I'm not about to run my sources through you or anyone else, nor do I expect you to run your sources through me. One could easily argue that our local PD is far more biased than Brietbart could ever be, but that doesn't keep people from sourcing it. What is unnecessary is the personal attacks directed towards people who are trying to provide some insights. My post was hardly anti-Billiken. I visit this site for Billiken info and enjoyment, nothing more. I can certainly find other things to do with my time. The important thing is, you don't want to offend such big Billiken supporters like Brighton and Tilkowski....

slufanskip and billiken_roy like this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

except your reply basically agrees to his notion that since the site is conservative it's a joke. His response was correct. 

I have nothing against the conservatives (well, the sane ones anyway). The source could've been  the  Washington Times and I wouldn't have had any issues with it at all.

But, Breitbart ?  Get out of town...

15 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Complete BS. This is a message board. If you snowflakes can't handle an article from a "biased" site, then maybe you shouldn't be here. I'm not about to run my sources through you or anyone else, nor do I expect you to run your sources through me. One could easily argue that our local PD is far more biased than Brietbart could ever be, but that doesn't keep people from sourcing it. What is unnecessary is the personal attacks directed towards people who are trying to provide some insights. My post was hardly anti-Billiken. I visit this site for Billiken info and enjoyment, nothing more. I can certainly find other things to do with my time. The important thing is, you don't want to offend such big Billiken supporters like Brighton and Tilkowski....

The poster now calling folks snowflakes is the one who keeps stating he was personally attacked because someone quoted his article with "LOL"

Brighton and rgbilliken like this