2018 NCAA Tournament Thread

CBFan

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Just noticed 10 of our 33 games this season were against teams playing in the tourney.

No idea if thats a little or a lot, especially compared to other seasons but seems like a good amount. 

Actually our SOS was 96, not that bad.

That November tourney in NY helped a lot. The A10 was weak this year with 5 teams having over 200 rpi rankings with another real close. We ended at 148, an improvement of 90 positions from last season. Got to hand it to TF.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It's not $30k per win.  It is $30k per game.  Therefore, SLU has $150k minimum from this year's tournament (3 games to be played) and each additional win by an A-10 school adds $30k because it means an A10 school will play another game.

Any additional A10 wins at this point would be fairly large upsets.

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Oh, right. Duh. Should have thought about my statement for more than 2 seconds.

thanks. 

Rise, your statement was fine. We had $90k just for the 3 teams getting in, and are up an additional $60k so far with nobody getting knocked out. Obviously not huge $ amounts.

The more intangible, but probably as important, aspect is that the A10 will continue to be in peoples mind and next year when we (or someone else) are on the bubble, they'll get the benefit of the doubt. And/or recruits will view the A10 as a good conference that plays in the NCAA. It keeps us relevant.

Gonzaga squeaks by UNC Greensboro 68-64 they almost busted my Zaga bracket

Loyola and Miami ties at 28 at the half go Ramblers

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Rise, your statement was fine. We had $90k just for the 3 teams getting in, and are up an additional $60k so far with nobody getting knocked out. Obviously not huge $ amounts.

The more intangible, but probably as important, aspect is that the A10 will continue to be in peoples mind and next year when we (or someone else) are on the bubble, they'll get the benefit of the doubt. And/or recruits will view the A10 as a good conference that plays in the NCAA. It keeps us relevant.

Yeah we couldn't even afford to hire Ramey's dad for that......

Loyola wins way to go Porter on a big win and I picked this upset in my brackets.  Could not find a 5 12 upset but it might be Ohio State and South Dakota State.

18 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Too bad Porter wasnt the associate head coach when Rick got sick instead we got the nightmare that was Jim Crews

On the other hand, we wouldn’t have Ford now and I think I’d rather have Ford. You can certainly make a good argument you’d rather have Porter.