GDT - Billikens Ram Fordham

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are back in the mix for a top 4 seed in the A10.  Rhody has won the league...ball game.  Davidson has 7 wins, and then 5 teams are bunched with 6 wins.  We and Duquesne have played 11 (6-5 record) while the other three teams have played 10 (6-4).  I guess we are technically tied for 6th with the Dukes, but won the head to head. 

Tough, tough game coming up against the Bonnies, one of the 6-4 teams.

Just got back home from the game. My wife and I were talking on the way back how nice we both felt after the game. Our team has put in a lot of effort to overcome its deficiencies and got a well deserved win. The student section was packed and there was a lot of good noise and support. They played well and dominated most of the game. 

I brought my daughter to another game tonight and man she had the best time. 

Im fairly certain the person yelling  at guy Phillips behind me was... 05? 

1 hour ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If we win out we'll be national champions

unless we have to forfeit for Weather related punishment.

We would only have to win out starting with 3 or 4 in conference championship and 5 @ the Dance to be champs.Ridiculous of course but they sure are playing great. If they could make more of their short shots and improve at the line they'd be hard to stop (true dat for bunch of teams i guess). I am amazed how suffocating the defense is relative to fouls called especially since they tightened up enforcement last few seasons.

Some more  koolaided hyperbole, given how close to what we hoped for we're getting from 2 of the original high rated 3 transfers likely the third AD would be at least close to what we we're expecting we'd be on bubble at least. 

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

The guy sitting behind me was not having Goodwin at the point last night. He desperately wanted Roby to play the 1

As you likely have noted, Roby has been the primary ball handler in the past five or six games.  He brings the ball up the court after a made basket, and he sets the offense.   Classical labels of PG, SG, SF, PF and C have lost their meaning, so call Roby what you want, a 1, 2 or 3.  You might also have noticed that Roby isn't scoring quit as much since he took over ball handling.  His best shot is a corner 3.  He is not in position most of the time to get that shot as he is more often at the top of the key.  I think he posted something on Twitter a few weeks ago about "I'd do anything for my team".  Perhaps this is it, sacrificing scoring for setting up his teammates?