GDT: SLU v. UMass - Ford's Return

SluSignGuy

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

as bad as the school wants me to stop watching,  the players have me bought in.

Me too started listening in mid way through the first half and had fun again.

For me Rammer and Earl helps

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Could also be that Ford isn’t going to enforce it on the road? That would be a great story.  Force SLU security to pull him off.

Didn’t Rosenblum day suspended from “on-campus activities”?

2 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Didn’t Rosenblum day suspended from “on-campus activities”?

Come on. I don't know any more than anyone else, but do you really think a student not allowed to go to class would still be playing sports? Either there is an appeal under way, or we don't know as much as we think.

3 minutes ago, almaman said:

So then he would still be in school? not play next year or 2 and then be back? and then be second year or 3rd? There's almost as many ??s after we finally get a decision.

Yeah, I can't see any of these guys hanging around for any of that kind of nonsense. I know Kwamain came back, but that suspension/expulsion was only for one year I think.

20 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

I have been advised, again fourth hand but with a direct link to JG, that JG’s suspension would (I’ll use subjunctive in the hope it does not occur) not commence until next semester.  The verdict might be immediate, but the penalty would lag.

Totally bizarre.... and there are people out there defending Fred?

9 minutes ago, almaman said:

So then he would still be in school? not play next year or 2 and then be back? and then be second year or 3rd? There's almost as many ??s after we finally get a decision.

JG would be suspended until January 2020.  I thought he was one of the two 24 month suspensions Rosenblum detailed, but apparently JG is 18 months based on the start time...

From my point of view, everything has a reason but the real reasons are hard to find. I will give you two suggestions to account for Goodwin being present in this game today: a. the sanctions do not take effect until the end of this semester with everything staying status quo until the end of the semester. b. The sanctions will not be enforced until the whole process of appeals is finishes (this may take some time).

For whatever reason, which we will probably never understand, Goodwin played today. I just came down with the flu and feel like a rag but my wife told me it had been a great game. Thank the Lord for small favors. Goodwin played, and I hope he keeps on playing until he cannot. For as long as he plays feel the smile of the higher powers above raining on us. We won this one and many  more I hope. There is some small comfort in this mess after all.

I pray and hope Goodwin's sanctions are lowered or eliminated during the appeals process, we will see. 

7 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

I have been advised, again fourth hand but with a direct link to JG, that JG’s suspension would (I’ll use subjunctive in the hope it does not occur) not commence until next semester.  The verdict might be immediate, but the penalty would lag.

So then he would miss all of next season and the 1st semester of the following year, assuming he is the 18 month suspension recipient ?   No way would he stay nor would CAG come here.

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

That’s not how this kind of thing works. You don’t suspend someone for two years but let them finish the year. Your source is delusional.