GDT: SLU vs. Virginia Tech at MSG

Pistol

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

Brian, Roby was called for a double foul early in the game that they probably missed.  Nothing happened; they conferred and gave the ball back to the billikens, but it was a foul.

I saw that call.  Stats Inc has Roby finishing with 3 fouls, too.

http://stltoday.stats.com/cbk/boxscore.asp?gamecode=201711160536&home=536&vis=620

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This is cracking me up. I thought it was 4 but you may have uncovered a conspiracy 

It seemed like Ford thought he had 4 too. He picked up his last foul and headed to the bench for what seems like an extended amount of time.

32 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Excellent game by the Bills. I thought Travis Ford's game plan was outstanding and the Bills followed it very well. The early TO Ford took to settle the team down was brilliant. 

Absolutely right. Other than the first two possessions/turnovers, Bills the better team. That TO was crucial.

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

This is cracking me up. I thought it was 4 but you may have uncovered a conspiracy 

I don’t think it is any kind of conspiracy.  I just wonder if the scoreboard guy screwed up at MSG and everyone in the building just thought he had one more than the official scorer had him at.

17 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Let’s not overthink it.  A few days ago everyone thought Mizzou might be ranked soon, that is going splat right now.  The team might have stumbled into its best iteration with the suspensions.  Who knows.

I find it hard to believe that our "best iteration" involves a rotation of 7 with no consistent perimeter shooters.

Just now, brianstl said:

I don’t think it is any kind of conspiracy.  I just wonder if the scoreboard guy screwed up at MSG and everyone in the building just thought he had one more than the official scorer had him at.

I'm just messing. Interesting if true. Maybe changed the way Ford coached?

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I'm just messing. Interesting if true. Maybe changed the way Ford coached?

I think it definitely impacted how Ford coached. I couldn’t understand why Roby was sitting so long when the stats on watch ESPN app had him at 3 fouls.  Maybe the scorer screwed up and he should have had 4.

24 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Goodwin is a stat stuffer to be sure but there's a kid named Kellan Grady who's averaging 23 ppg a game for Davidson.  Unfortunately we won't see the two young'uns match up unless they meet in the A10 tournament.

Why do you say this?  You play every other team in the conference at least once in the regular season.  They'll have a matchup.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Why do you say this?  You play every other team in the conference at least once in the regular season.  They'll have a matchup.

Yeah, we play them on January 3rd down at Davidson.

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

So tomorrow's game and the Butler game are really our only 2 chances to lose in the noncon. Dont see us losing to any other team except maybe houston if we play like we did yesterday

Every non-conference game is a chance to lose in non-conference. Never forget that you're a SLU fan. This team is tough, they're good, they work hard, but they're not invulnerable. They have some flaws that will leave them open to a sucker punch on any given night. Complacency is not an option.