Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

-what was also impressive last night is that the CBC students were giving CG and WGHS  grief over items that have been reported on here and elsewhere, CG seemed to handle it well and his overall demeanor seemed more even keel, I liked what I saw of this

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Gordon is very quick for a big imho

Gordon has about as complete a skill set as you'll see from a HS big. I think he realized he was an early bloomer size-wise, so he worked on pretty much every facet of his game. He can really do it all, and if he had grown a couple more inches, he'd have kept the top-25, 5-star sort of ranking level he had early on.

19 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-what was also impressive last night is that the CBC students were giving CG and WGHS  grief over items that have been reported on here and elsewhere, CG seemed to handle it well and his overall demeanor seemed more even keel, I liked what I saw of this

Agreed, his body language was what you want to see out of him. I only watched a few highlight videos, but he looked determined and focused last night. Really energetic reactions after his big plays. Seemed to be having fun, too.

Both Thatch (Sikeston - class 4) and Gordon (Webster Groves - class 5) are in their respective  final fours for MO state championships.  It would be pretty cool to be bringing in 2 MO state champions with next years class.  Although Gordon already has one so I guess it’s just Thatch that needs one.

23 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Slu will have all the rebounds next year 

Returning players with double figure rebound games:  JJ; JG; HF; JB  (I don't think DJF ever got there)

New players who will have double figure rebound games:  LS, CAG and if he ever gets enough PT next year-Thatch.

It's hard to think of this group ever being out rebounded!

20 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Both Thatch (Sikeston - class 4) and Gordon (Webster Groves - class 5) are in their respective  final fours for MO state championships.  It would be pretty cool to be bribing in 2 MO state champions with next years class.  Although Gordon already has one so I guess it’s just Thatch that needs one.

Given the current pay-to-play issues in CBB, I assume you meant "bringing in" and not "bribing in."  At least I hope so;)

3 hours ago, bauman said:

Returning players with double figure rebound games:  JJ; JG; HF; JB  (I don't think DJF ever got there)

New players who will have double figure rebound games:  LS, CAG and if he ever gets enough PT next year-Thatch.

It's hard to think of this group ever being out rebounded!

Also remember this team had to change their original aggressive rebounding due to low player count. Teams will be scared to rebound against us 

26 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

How has he not cracked the top 150? I guess I really don't understand how those recruit ranking systems work... 

Probably where he plays - nobody who does these rankings have really seen him.  Maybe if he makes the top 5 in KY then that could do it.

24 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

How has he not cracked the top 150? I guess I really don't understand how those recruit ranking systems work... 

They aren’t about anything other than hyping up certain guys in order to get clicks. Guys who are already seniors, and especially ones who are already committed, aren’t going to get much attention from the people doing the rankings unless they end up going to a high-major program with a large fan base (see Mark Smith last year). They’re too busy deciding who will be at the top of the 2021 & 2022 rankings when those come out. That’s where the clicks are. 

On 3/8/2018 at 9:47 AM, Pistol said:

Gordon has about as complete a skill set as you'll see from a HS big. I think he realized he was an early bloomer size-wise, so he worked on pretty much every facet of his game. He can really do it all, and if he had grown a couple more inches, he'd have kept the top-25, 5-star sort of ranking level he had early on.

Agreed, his body language was what you want to see out of him. I only watched a few highlight videos, but he looked determined and focused last night. Really energetic reactions after his big plays. Seemed to be having fun, too.

I have heard that Gordon is a student of the game.  I think @thetorch has talked about how he will turn up in the crowd at random games.  His foot work is fantastic.  

The CBC student section is exactly the same as it was in the 90's.

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I have heard that Gordon is a student of the game.  I think @thetorch has talked about how he will turn up in the crowd at random games.  His foot work is fantastic.  

You just see so few big guys move and pass like he does. The A10 is going to get tired of playing against our teams pretty quickly. Can’t wait to see Gordon and French playing high-low and making great post-to-post passes for dunks and lay-ins. Playing inside-out is going to work well for us with two excellent post scorers. 

15 hours ago, Zink said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8745838/5aa4baad9a916f0f1c9c418e

Gordon’s highlights from the quarterfinal. 

54 minutes ago, brianstl said:

42 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Now just imagine some of those sweet passes going to Has?  Gonna be fun having two big dudes who can pass like CG and HF.

24 minutes ago, Zink said:

You just see so few big guys move and pass like he does. The A10 is going to get tired of playing against our teams pretty quickly. Can’t wait to see Gordon and French playing high-low and making great post-to-post passes for dunks and lay-ins. Playing inside-out is going to work well for us with two excellent post scorers. 

I hope everyone watches that video. Gordon's footwork is outstanding. He moves really well without the ball, too, getting himself in good spots. He's a great passer for a big. The only thing he does in the video that he won't get away with in college is using his arms too much to get a little space. He got away with 1-2 fouls in this clip. Easy habit to break, though.

Sure, he's eating his lunch against a team that makes you wonder how they got to the quarterfinals (the competition in St. Charles County must be WEAK), but the things he does are undeniable.

And you guys are right, with his frontcourt mates next season, we should see great things.

Gordon had 21 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists in this game, by the way. Ramey and Gordon went to the bench with a minute left in the third quarter and didn't return. WG won 78-45 and will face Liberty (22-7) Thursday night in Springfield. I would expect another WG win.