Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

@wgstl Any word on the reason for or length of Gordon's suspension?

nothing so far.  Interesting that he plays Friday night, but 10 hours later hes suspended for Saturdays game. 

We stand little to no chance against Belleville west Saturday without him. 

edit: he was suspended right after the game Friday night.  Even more interesting. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

nothing so far.  Interesting that he plays Friday night, but 10 hours later hes suspended for Saturdays game. 

edit: he was suspended right after the game Friday night.  Even more interesting. 

Probably suspended for dunking too hard and damaging school property.  

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Probably suspended for dunking too hard and damaging school property.  

pretty good chance, we didnt have a dunker for almost a decade before him.  The Rim was a little stiff.

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thatch had a triple-double in the semifinals, with 12 points, 16 rebounds, 10 assists, and 5 steals in an 83-67 win over Troy Buchanan.

He then had 19 and 10 in an 83-53 win over Priory in the finals. He took home tournament MVP honors.

Sikeston is now 16-1 and on a 7-game winning streak. The team had logged 1,600+ miles on a school bus over an 8-day period and was undefeated during that stretch. They host Poplar Bluff this Friday night.

-I was there on Friday, he seemed bored, was not going at it and still put up those numbers, could have been the poor competition they were playing as to how he appeared or perhaps his foot is not 100% or something else, the Sikeston team is among the best high school passing teams I have seen and Thatch is certainly part of that, I don't recall FT making a 3 but do recall a great dunk by their junior center

33 minutes ago, wgstl said:

i am so looking forward to this matchup:   liddell vs gordon.   best class of 2019 and best class of 2018.   I may skip the billiken game to go see.  

4 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Did not realize Pearson was 6’8. Holy cow that’s some size. Just wait until he starts lifting in college and he will at least have an NBA frame

Ford has also said he is an excellent shot blocker. I was originally a bit lukewarm about the signing, but the more I've seen and read, starting to think we may have landed an impact player.

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ford has also said he is an excellent shot blocker. I was originally a bit lukewarm about the signing, but the more I've seen and read, starting to think we may have landed an impact player.

-let's hope we see him playing for us, or understandably, SLU to some folks

59 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Funny enough SLU with 3 players, one is top 100, still doesnt crack the top 40 class ranking list for 2018 while other teams with 1 recruit are on it. Total trash. Oh well, its better to get them by surprise

And out of the gate when we got Gordon we were top 5.

Just chatter I've heard around town.  No one knows what Gordon did, but I've heard all he has to do is apologize to the team.  fortunately if this is true, it should be an easy reinstatement.  The unfortunate part is it sounds like Gordon may still be dealing with those issues he had back in the Vianney day. If Blossom cant break him, not sure anyone can. 

3 minutes ago, BillyCan said:

CG beat the crap out of a sophomore teammate.  He should have been suspended for the SLUH game, but then he would have been suspended for the SLUH game.  So Blossom can't do that.

Internet speculation is the best/worst.

Also, next year, if Gordon beats up a walk-on, he has to fight French as punishment. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Just chatter I've heard around town.  No one knows what Gordon did, but I've heard all he has to do is apologize to the team.  fortunately if this is true, it should be an easy reinstatement.  The unfortunate part is it sounds like Gordon may still be dealing with those issues he had back in the Vianney day. If Blossom cant break him, not sure anyone can. 

-we need Stu's kid on this

4 minutes ago, slusam said:

Stu's kid graduated.

Blossom  said "he is suspended and has the possibility to be back a week from Friday" 

"Hopefully he will be back. If not he wont"

Save him for next year, wherever he might go.