Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there was no lost love between CG and the player leadership in the locker room, and seeing Bess’ visible reaction and body language on a couple plays where CG gave up on plays in the FSU game,  I am certain words were passed behind closed doors.

Within a couple weeks, CG also had words with Ford and Frazier, and was shown the suspension door, which he turned into the transfer.

When things head south in a locker room due to chemistry, effort, and attitude, good locker room leadership addresses it in the moment. It may be a loving conversation, a face to face consultation, a back to the wall shirt grab, or a few love taps, but it is going down as needed.

The fact that one of the four happened, and addressed the needed issue, is borne out by the leadership and lack of quit in the final five games of the season.

Games are won on the floor, but leadership, chemistry and effort are forged in practice and the locker room by the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame to see a talent like Gordon depart. I think he's a high maintenance kid, though, who could slay a locker room in a NY minute. I was very surprised that Mizzery and Illinois seemed to make no attempt to get him. Makes you wonder what the word on the street was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slu72, you are crying about spilled milk. Gordon was not going to work out for us, period. He may not work out for anyone else unless HE decides it is time to change. The fact that neither Mizzou nor Illinois wanted him says a lot. Let it go, we gave it a good try hoping it could work out but it just was not going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, slu72 said:

It's a shame to see a talent like Gordon depart. I think he's a high maintenance kid, though, who could slay a locker room in a NY minute. I was very surprised that Mizzery and Illinois seemed to make no attempt to get him. Makes you wonder what the word on the street was. 

I am not sure they had a schollie available at the semester.  Either way not sure if they would have jumped or not had they had one.  Gordon had all the talent in the world and it will be a long time probably before we ever get another one like him.  Too bad it did not work out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

If you go by results and not perceived potential, Hargrove is probably every bit as good.

Better

 

gordon is the definition of potential over results

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Slu72, you are crying about spilled milk. Gordon was not going to work out for us, period. He may not work out for anyone else unless HE decides it is time to change. The fact that neither Mizzou nor Illinois wanted him says a lot. Let it go, we gave it a good try hoping it could work out but it just was not going to happen.

Not crying over Gordon. We made the dance w/o him and may not have made it with him. It's still a shame it didn't work out, but that's more on him than us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Gordon is in the Bills rear view mirror. We're way past that now

We still bring up Blake Ahern, Schasz, and he never even was a Billiken. Guys still bring up Malik, Austin McB, and Reynolds. Don't think for a minute posters won't be checking out Rue Paul's box scores next year and keeping us all up to date on Gordon's season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GoBills73 said:

Article from Stu this morning references a locker room fight at some point in the season. Curious if CG was involved, though we probably will never know. 

Im pretty sure we know the fight/argument involved CAG and Bess and was a day or two his announcement he was transferring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slu72 said:

We still bring up Blake Ahern, Schasz, and he never even was a Billiken. Guys still bring up Malik, Austin McB, and Reynolds. Don't think for a minute posters won't be checking out Rue Paul's box scores next year and keeping us all up to date on Gordon's season. 

OK slu72 (fwiw I'd be slu71) Gordon will be in my rear view mirror for sure. I'll be focused on what the current Bills are doing to make me happy to be a Bills fan. I won't be the least bit interested in what Gordon is doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Schasz said:

OK slu72 (fwiw I'd be slu71) Gordon will be in my rear view mirror for sure. I'll be focused on what the current Bills are doing to make me happy to be a Bills fan. I won't be the least bit interested in what Gordon is doing.

If only others felt like you and I. I've never posted what a transfer is doing at his new home. I don't care 'cause it's got nothing to do w/ the Bills. But we see it on here all the time. I can understand the curiosity, but not the need to post it. Different strokes for different folks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow so this is the most official statement about the lockeroom fight we all heard about. Now at least no one can say it didn’t happen. 

The fact that no one on the team wished him well except for Jacobs showed how they felt about him. 

Also, I don’t know if anyone remembers but he has a Jussie Smollet type of pr campaign on twitter from his himself and coaches/ friends that were so adamant that he left on his own accord, with some very aggressive messages being sent against anyone who said what really happened including a death threat. Crazy. Next year there should be no reason for any early season departures 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...