Post Dispatch

willie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bauman said:

I love how he states, his opinion that SPUMAC would win due to the experience of their two bigs, One of whom is a thin player the age of Freshmen with both of them having ONE year of experience-wow, that is some experience advantage.  Let's see, we have French, Santos and Foreman with a combined 6, yes six years of D-1experience and Gordon who is rated as a top F/C in the incoming class of Bigs.  It's one thing to state an opinion that Porter and Tillmon are both good returning Bigs, but don't try to sell the fact that they have more experience than the SLU Bigs, with that being the reason SPUMAC would win.  Then he goes on to somewhat concede that the SLU guards are better, so basically he is just giving the biased opinion of a SPUMAC grad.  Hey Ben, why don't you work on your school to play SLU-no wait, I don't want to hurt our strength of schedule by playing the boys from Columbia.

One further question Ben, how much experience did Tillmon get sitting on the bench with foul trouble most games?

-post this where it matters, multiple puns intended

philliken likes this

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

BenFred just states his opinion on who would would win a Mi$$ou - SLU game.  Of course, he tells us the scumbags to the west would win.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/quick-hits-benfred-on-stl-sports/collection_ad924ea6-7fa5-5dd0-8b44-bad6f8de9e7f.html

What a garbage argument. “Well, they would win because they have more experience.”

Does Ben have his head so far up Mizzery’s arse that he doesn’t realize we have Santos and Foreman with more combined frontcourt experience than Tillman and Porter? Not to mention Isabel and Bess who might be our leading scorers, along with Goodwin. Hell, I haven’t even mentioned Carteare Gordon. No one on Mizzou’s current squad could likely hold Carteare’s jock Strap.

Some things never change...

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

fyi, that is my benfred reply not my wife's in the comments.   when i signed in, the post grabbed her facebook signon for some reason.   but i take credit for telling him he's clueless.  

I was going to say...whoever this Anita Mueller is, I want to sit next to her at a game!!!

Also, Tillmon would foul out by the 2nd TV timeout of the first half.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

fyi, that is my benfred reply not my wife's in the comments.   when i signed in, the post grabbed her facebook signon for some reason.   but i take credit for telling him he's clueless.  

Everyone will know it was you.  Your lovely wife would have used proper capitalization and followed Ford’s example by using initials for the players names.

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-looking at the home page to this site it looks like the Post sent Stu to Florida, or he is vacationing there, good for them and thanks to them!

-I hope his article about our win is prominently featured in Sunday's edition and on-line

It would but it would have a negative context to the headline. Billikens overcome sloppy play to eke out win vs Fla St.. 

16 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-looking at the home page to this site it looks like the Post sent Stu to Florida, or he is vacationing there, good for them and thanks to them!

-I hope his article about our win is prominently featured in Sunday's edition and on-line

With the bragging rights game today it will be hard to grab top headline. A win over FSU should do I’d be surprised. 

On 8/27/2017 at 7:13 PM, almaman said:

If for no other reason coverage should be in the public interest. Again our only D-1 team in the 2 major NCAA team sports (this side of the river now). Some blame of course goes to program and it's historically mediocre history. 

A river dividing land should be the criteria used in saying SLU is the only D1 team in the St. Louis metro area?

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Caught the tail end of KMOX talking about a potential SLU UMC game this morning. Chris May and Dave Matter both had soundbites. Matter said that Cuonzo is very open to the idea. Of course Davey the Tiger mentioned only Enterprise or Columbia as places for the game to be played...

Chaifetz or nothing if the game is in STL. Unless there’s no return to Columbia. 

Nobody wins at the ‘Fetz. 

9 minutes ago, Bonner89 said:

LOL. Missouri is scared.

and arrogant.   regardless F mi$$ouri.   we can find better to play.   i have very little interest in playing them.   

Bonner89 and AGB91 like this

I know we'd be giving them an inch here, but I'd be cool with a 4 game series - 1 in Columbia, 1 at the Fetz, 1 at Enterprise, 1 at Sprint Center (KC)

College basketball needs teams to play these types of regional games to generate buzz.  While I'm happy we got Pitt and Oregon State on the schedule, a game vs. Mizzou or Illinois would be much more fun.

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

and arrogant.   regardless F mi$$ouri.   we can find better to play.   i have very little interest in playing them.   

I see a lot of people say this and I think it’s ridiculous. This would be a great series and a lot of fun. 

Getting another power 5 school on the schedule would be great.

Are Mizzou and their fans arrogant A-Holes?

You bet they are and they just adds to the entertainment value. Game day excitement level for this game would be off the charts.

I think it’s silly to not want this game out of spite.

Billiken Rich likes this

11 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I know we'd be giving them an inch here, but I'd be cool with a 4 game series - 1 in Columbia, 1 at the Fetz, 1 at Enterprise, 1 at Sprint Center (KC)

College basketball needs teams to play these types of regional games to generate buzz.  While I'm happy we got Pitt and Oregon State on the schedule, a game vs. Mizzou or Illinois would be much more fun.

I’d do this but I don’t see either school thinking the Sprint Center is a good idea 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

16 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I’d do this but I don’t see either school thinking the Sprint Center is a good idea 

Mizzou plays at least one game (it's usually a decent one) in KC every year (satisfies their KC alumni).  I'd think this would be a decent sell for them, particularly if we're still good.