Coaching movement that might affect SLU

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

That's what I've heard from people close to the recruits. Y'all think that just because I'm younger doesn't mean I don't have more inside info from friends in the families. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true. 

If i remember correctly the Mr Illinois talk didnt start until after He committed to IL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

That's what I've heard from people close to the recruits. Y'all think that just because I'm younger doesn't mean I don't have more inside info from friends in the families. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true. 

After reading your posts for a while I think you lack the ability to filter your thoughts and also to filter what you hear. Not everything you hear is true and part of being a good poster is understanding what is likely, what is possible, and what is highly unlikely. When you post something that is highly unlikely and act as if its fact, that kind of makes you a bad poster.

A general rule would be that if something is highly likely, go ahead and post. If its possible, post it witha  caveat. If it's highly unlikely, just keep it to yourself. The idea that Goodwin talking about winning POY would be what caused Tilmon to sign with Illinois, clearly falls into the highly unlikely camp.

To go with the Goodwin/Tilmon Mr. Illinois talk, I think it was this quote AFTER Tilmon signed with Illinois that started the little battle.  Think Goodwin replied to the "I doubt it" comment.  

Tilmon did say Saint Louis University recruit, Jordan Goodwin reached out to him to ask if he was still attending Illinois. Goodwin is a senior for near-by Althoff Catholic and is ranked as the No. 2 player in Illinois. He is also one Tilmon’s strongest competitors in the race to be named Mr. Basketball in the state.

“A lot of people keep comparing me to Jordan Goodwin, saying that he is going to get it,” Tilmon says. “And I doubt it.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/11/17/watch-no-1-basketball-recruit-in-illinois-signs-with-u-of-i/

1 minute ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Are you sure about that? The 1 regular season and 1 conference tournament titles check out, as well as the 6 NCAAs in 17 years, but I don't think the wins and losses match. 

Matches whats on wiki. Sports-reference shows a different record since they do not include Campbellsville.

1 minute ago, Bills_06 said:

Looks like Trae Young is trying to recruit the Porters on twitter to play with him at Oklahoma.  Could Mizzou get stuck with Porter Sr and zero of his boys?  

Zero chance of that occurring. If Poster Sr. doesn't deliver his boys, Martin will just fire him. It's a done deal that the boys will be there.

11 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Matches whats on wiki. Sports-reference shows a different record since they do not include Campbellsville.

Ok. I thought I had seen something different on wiki, but if the other numbers (conference championships, NCAA appearances, seasons as coach) are the same I can go with that.

National writers are all pretty skeptical of the Martin hire - basically in the vein of he's a lot better at getting jobs than he is at doing them. 

Coach B was Ford. Wins/loss is skewed by wiki. 

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Just stop

Oh please, tell me your sources. I heard straight from a family of a recruit who has family at SLU and are huge SLU fans, but that is what they were told by their cousin on why he isn't going to SLU. Direct from the source, no 3rd party. Thats also the kind of stuff you won't normally see being said in a public conversation. 

7 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Is it any coincidence that GloryDays started posting a lot after that Sephacs character (the poster banned from StLToday who was on here for a while this season) left?

I don't think he is Sepachs, but he still blows.

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Oh please, tell me your sources. I heard straight from a family of a recruit who has family at SLU and are huge SLU fans, but that is what they were told by their cousin on why he isn't going to SLU. Direct from the source, no 3rd party. Thats also the kind of stuff you won't normally see being said in a public conversation. 

I don't think you understand what "no 3rd party" means.

anyway, kill the Marquette talk and the "I hang out with recruits talk"

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

I don't need a source to figure out you are misinterpreting what they meant.  

Will some guards not want to came here because they think they will have the ball in their hands less because of Goodwin?  Sure, that will happen.  It has nothing to do with supposed beefs over things like who is going to be Mr Basketball in IL.

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I don't think you understand what "no 3rd party" means.

anyway, kill the Marquette talk and the "I hang out with recruits talk"

I heard from my cousin's, best friend's brother's hair stylist...is that direct enough?