Incoming recruits - updates (2017)

bauman

We have a HORRIBLE CRISIS on our hands. Due to the astute posting by our new young poster, I have scrutinized our roster jerseys.  And yes, Houston, we have a Problem.

Mr. Hasahn French wears #11.  And yep, Mr. Jermaine Bishop already has #11.  I don't see anyway out of this.  One of these fine young men will be accused of having no confidence in himself if he gives up his number.  Either we let Mr. French out of his LOI or we force Mr. Bishop to transfer.  I see no other options.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We have a HORRIBLE CRISIS on our hands. Due to the astute posting by our new young poster, I have scrutinized our roster jerseys.  And yes, Houston, we have a Problem.

Mr. Hasahn French wears #11.  And yep, Mr. Jermaine Bishop already has #11.  I don't see anyway out of this.  One of these fine young men will be accused of having no confidence in himself if he gives up his number.  Either we let Mr. French out of his LOI or we force Mr. Bishop to transfer.  I see no other options.

Man give it up. I was right about the jersey thing and honestly I'd say it again if a statement that French would wear number 11 next year since bishop deciding to transfer isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Pistol - Any chance we can get you to post the recruiting updates in the class specific threads as well as the pinned thread? Doing it only in the pinned thread really kills the conversation around the updates.

And thank you for continuing to provide such great updates.

22 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Man that's a loaded team.  Lots of high ranked out of towners. I'd love to get Davis and Hellem's as a package in 2018.  Garland, Wiseman, and Okoro are all playing up a level right. I think those 3 played up a level last year unless I'm confusing them. 

Garland is a 2018 recruit (5 star/top 10 ranked recruit), so he is not playing up. He played up last spring/summer though along with Finke (must be playing for a different program this year) and Hellems.

Wiseman (5 star/top 10 ranked recruit) and Okoro (4 star/top 75 ranked recruit) are playing up this year like they did playing with the 16s a year ago. Leech (4 star/top 25 ranked recruit) was the other 2019 playing up with the 16s a year ago, but I heard he is playing with Gateway this year.

2 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

Pistol - Any chance we can get you to post the recruiting updates in the class specific threads as well as the pinned thread? Doing it only in the pinned thread really kills the conversation around the updates.

And thank you for continuing to provide such great updates.

Yeah, sometimes I do both but also can be limited on time. A lot of the updates are little things that might not be worth shifting the conversation over - e.g. a player from Georgia announcing he's playing for a local AAU team down there - but other stuff is worth some fresh bullet points in the threads. I'll try to be better about it.

21 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Man give it up. I was right about the jersey thing and honestly I'd say it again if a statement that French would wear number 11 next year since bishop deciding to transfer isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Just roll with it. Look, right or wrong you're going to get grief. Consider it something like a term of endearment. Almost every long time poster has or had something they got some good natured grief about.

Though I think it's just a silly statement to lump everyone into one basket and claim that if they are willing to give up there number it means they lack confidence or the probability they are leaving has increased. I played competitive sports my entire life even as an adult representing my base in the USAF and I would have given up my number without hesitation had someone wanted it.  And ... no one who knows me would say I lacked confidence or competitiveness. It also happens in the Pro's all the time that people give up their number. Are there possibly some people who absolutely don't want to give up their number? Sure, but it's not as big a deal as you think

38 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Maybe recruited by Mason? 

I hope DeShawn Freeman transfers from Rutgers. I believe a good chance he could be  a grad transfer candidate since he redshirted a year. He averaged 7 rpg in the Big 10.

Here is a look at the Missouri Prep Hoops Class 5 All-State Team

Player of the Year: Courtney Ramey 6’4″ Webster Groves (2018)

Jared Ridder 6’8″ Kickapoo (2017)

Carte’are Gordon 6’8″ Webster Groves (2018)

Elijah Childs 6’8″ Lee’s Summit West (2017)

Cameron Davis 6’1″ Kickapoo (2017)

Jericole Hellems 6’7″ Chaminade (2018)

Brandon McKissic 6’2″ SLUH (2017)

Karrington Davis 6’6″ Chaminade (2018)

Isiaih Mosley 6’6″ Rock Bridge (2019)

Christian Bishop 6’7″

The rest of this list needs a premium pass so that's all I got

2 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:
 Has ™ and 2 others liked

Also Corey Frazier is a head coach of the USA junior team. Did he have any part in recruiting Gordon?

And because we are all giant creeps obsessed with recruiting - Carteare "liked" the tweet. 

Take that, Martin.