The Saga Continues in Boone County

HoosierPal

Wow, just hours after setting  a freshman rushing record, Freshman Crockett gets busted for possessing marijuana.  I guess he thought it was legal in every state?  New flash Mizzou, it's still illegal in Missouri. 

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/mizzou-freshman-star-crockett-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/article_d6ef8ce9-259d-5c80-bdfe-b65adb0e7ab0.html

Guys, a college kid getting arrested for having MJ on them is not that unusual.  Before you all start shaming Missouri for this you should remember that the only reason many others don't get named is that they don't simply get caught.  If you think none of our BB players are not using then you are kidding yourself.  Now if the kid gets caught attacking or stealing then that is another matter.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Guys, a college kid getting arrested for having MJ on them is not that unusual.  Before you all start shaming Missouri for this you should remember that the only reason many others don't get named is that they don't simply get caught.  If you think none of our BB players are not using then you are kidding yourself.  Now if the kid gets caught attacking or stealing then that is another matter.

Yup. Extremely naive to think this doesn't go on with our team too. 

"less than 35 grams" - must've been a slow night if the police felt like doing the paperwork for that. People smoke weed at the bus stops downtown here. Cops walk right by. Not worth anyone's time.

I'd rather see football players medicating their soreness with marijuana than painkillers.

Looking forward to the day when "college kid caught with marijuana" doesn't qualify as a headline anywhere.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

"less than 35 grams" - must've been a slow night if the police felt like doing the paperwork for that. People smoke weed at the bus stops downtown here. Cops walk right by. Not worth anyone's time.

I'd rather see football players medicating their soreness with marijuana than painkillers.

Looking forward to the day when "college kid caught with marijuana" doesn't qualify as a headline anywhere.

+1. BIG PHARMACY has been fighting marijuana legalization tooth and and nail and it's disgraceful 

Great responses. Love that the "DEVIL'S HARVEST" stuff is on its way out. It's silly. Pretending like our beloved Billikens aren't lighting it up is goofiness at best. Obama was handling marahuwana in college. Dubya was using the stuff. Get over it.

Waiting for Boone County Correctional to have their next petty theft. I'm sure one of them can get out and steal some dollar store candy or something.

1 hour ago, bonwich said:

He just announced that he's transferring to the University of Colorado. 

A+

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Agreed on all three points.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

+1

2 hours ago, almaman said:

"Broken windows" policing?

Don't laugh Rudi is back in a big way. If you think the war on drugs is over with pot take a good look at our new AGs thoughts on the evil weed. 

Session can say and do what he wants but the tide is not going to be turned back.  If this new Administration really wants to fight this then they really do not have their priorities in place. Heck a lot of those who voted for Trump are lighting up as I type.

Now this is a big deal if true. My son was an academic tutor at Missouri for a year.  He did it to make a few bucks.  He said they had a rule that a tutor could not work the same schedule because they were trying to avoid this sort of thing.  In other words when an athlete came in for help they never knew who was going to be the tutor.  He did tutor football and basketball players at some point during the year as well as other student athletes.  He said no one ever asked him even the athlete to do anything like this but of course this was more than 15 years ago - so I guess new administration/coaching staff so things can change.