Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

11 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I get what you're saying but short of Yuri following EJ to EJ's school of choice (which means Yuri would also have to receive a scholarship to this school), I don't see the negative.

That's what I'm referring to.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

That's what I'm referring to.

I hear ya but EJ appears to be a level or two above Yuri in terms of recruitment. I'm not so sure the schools that will be offering EJ a scholarship will also be offering Yuri. Even if they do, the opportunity to play right away likely won't exist for Yuri at those schools. But this is all speculation on my part. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think Yuri will have the luxury of following EJ anywhere he goes so I'm not too worried about it. Hopefully EJ follows Yuri to SLU 😍😊 And let me be clear,  I'm not trying to take anything away from Yuri. He's going to be a stud and I hope he commits to SLU. EJ just seems to have this buzz around him and in the end, he'll pretty much get to choose any school he wants.

Some classic Roy meltdown tweets for those not able to follow him

So...are all of you mfer's also unfollowing the lead recruiting analyst at Rivals? After all, his info was wrong on the timeline of Okoro's announcement. Never mind that he was lied to and set up just like I was.

C'mon! Keep 'em coming! I want all the off of my account NOW!!

1 reply0 retweets3 likes

For those who have now unfollowed me since the Okoro recruitment: I hope all of you rot in hell, and I am willing to bet that one day all of you will.

1 hour ago, hmart23 said:

I would say a lot of us are under the assumption that EJ is going to go to a higher level program. If Yuri sincerely wants to play with him it's just one thing that could sway his decision to go to another school. Yuri isn't a top-tier recruit, but he is a very solid point guard that takes care of the ball. That is something big programs wouldn't mind having. Again I'm not claiming the end of the world, just a possible negative

I say "Take that assumption and shove it...."  SLU doesn't need to continue the little-engine-that-could attitude.  SLU has all the tools to compete at the highest level.  There's no reason NBA-bound can't ply their talents at Chaifetz for one to three years on the way to the Association.  It's up to the coaches to sell the recruits on that vision, but it would sure help if the supposed fans lose — or at least suppress — the self-loathing.

6 minutes ago, thetorch said:

So...are all of you mfer's also unfollowing the lead recruiting analyst at Rivals? After all, his info was wrong on the timeline of Okoro's announcement. Never mind that he was lied to and set up just like I was.

1 reply0 retweets3 likes

For those who have now unfollowed me since the Okoro recruitment: I hope all of you rot in hell, and I am willing to bet that one day all of you will.

Really wish his account wasn't blocked.  Seems like a good time. 

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I say "Take that assumption and shove it...."  SLU doesn't need to continue the little-engine-that-could attitude.  SLU has all the tools to compete at the highest level.  There's no reason NBA-bound can't ply their talents at Chaifetz for one to three years on the way to the Association.  It's up to the coaches to sell the recruits on that vision, but it would sure help if the supposed fans lose — or at least suppress — the self-loathing.

Thank you, QiJ1.  How are we going to move up when we have a defeatist attitude regarding recruiting?  There are two ways to improve, get better players and improving the coaching/teaching for those players.  Our men are better than they were under (Gag!), our recruiting is better, and the instruction has to be better than the previous regime.  I want us to be Xavier/Butler/Gonzaga good. It will take years of improved attitude and much work to get there.  

EJ Lidell is definitely SLU worthy, and we should continue to look at him hard and players deemed by the 'experts' beyond him.  I prefer the Nova/Majerus approach, avoid the one and doners, teach, improve the 100-150 ranked kids who fit your program.

mhg

57 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Really wish his account wasn't blocked.  Seems like a good time. 

-would no doubt be worth a chuckle or two, just imagine his reaction when EJ Liddell signs with us, oh the humanity

25 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Thank you, QiJ1.  How are we going to move up when we have a defeatist attitude regarding recruiting?  There are two ways to improve, get better players and improving the coaching/teaching for those players.  Our men are better than they were under (Gag!), our recruiting is better, and the instruction has to be better than the previous regime.  I want us to be Xavier/Butler/Gonzaga good. It will take years of improved attitude and much work to get there.  

EJ Lidell is definitely SLU worthy, and we should continue to look at him hard and players deemed by the 'experts' beyond him.  I prefer the Nova/Majerus approach, avoid the one and doners, teach, improve the 100-150 ranked kids who fit your program.

mhg

You realize Liddell is a top-50 recruit, right?

Collins is a guy where I could see some legitimate questions about his size, shooting ability, and maybe other minor things here and there. I would be happy with a commitment from him now, though.

Liddell is a no-doubter.

If we landed both of these guys for 2019, that would be a big-time class.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

1 reply0 retweets3 likes

I can't see his tweets - not blocked, but he's private - but just searching "prepbullseye" and reading the replies has been entertaining enough. Man, that guy is my favorite.

8 hours ago, thetorch said:

1 reply0 retweets3 likes

Is this an act or is this guy really this unhinged?

Dude has some serious issues and in all seriousness  could benefit from some professional help. At the very least he needs to step away from social media/internet for the foreseeable future.

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Dude has some serious issues and in all seriousness  could benefit from some professional help. At the very least he needs to step away from social media/internet for the foreseeable future.

Unhinged 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

He's the type of guy law enforcement needs to keep an eye on.  Could snap at any moment.  Probably not taking his meds as prescribed.

9 hours ago, Pistol said:

You realize Liddell is a top-50 recruit, right?

Collins is a guy where I could see some legitimate questions about his size, shooting ability, and maybe other minor things here and there. I would be happy with a commitment from him now, though.

Liddell is a no-doubter.

If we landed both of these guys for 2019, that would be a big-time class.

I’m not sure what you mean by “no-doubter”. If you mean we should definitely be recruiting him, yes, I agree, and the poster you quoted didn’t insuate any different. 

8 hours ago, ChangeOfPace said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “no-doubter”. If you mean we should definitely be recruiting him, yes, I agree, and the poster you quoted didn’t insuate any different. 

The poster I was replying to sounds lukewarm on Liddell ("SLU worthy"), and my point is that there is no reason to be lukewarm on Liddell. He's special.

DaJuan Gordon - SG, 6-4, 170 - Chicago, IL (Curie) - Twitter: @Thatboyquaye

Offers: SLU, DePaul, New Mexico, Colorado State, UAB, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Milwaukee, Cleveland State, Murray State, Montana, ETSU, Chicago State.

Interest: Tulsa, Drake.

Latest News: Gordon received offers from SLU and Murray State after a big performance at the Battle of the Lakes. He is taking an unofficial visit to Loyola this week. (5/17/18)

Scouting Report: Gordon is a long, lean, athletic guard with explosiveness and a lot of scoring ability. He's got an easy stroke from the perimeter and great handles and bounce that allow him to get to the rim quickly. He has good length for his position and strong instincts that allow him to get blocks and offensive rebounds and create steals. He brings energy to both ends and defends hard. He's got a narrow frame but broad shoulders and should be able to add strength.

-Gordon plays with fellow SLU offeree Myles Baker for Team Rose, and they've been the team's big scorers this spring. Almost all of Gordon's offers have come in the past 6 weeks; only UIC, Chicago State, and Montana offered earlier, although a few others have been recruiting him since at least this HS season. He had a big game against Chaminade this past HS season, putting up 22 and 8 in a 79-71 win (CCP didn't have Hellems that night). He was under the radar as a prospect but is really blowing up now. Lots of athleticism, smooth shot mechanics, good instincts. Looks like he's got a nice foundation to build on. He's on Loyola's campus today for an unofficial visit.

11 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Myles Barker visiting in June. He’s visiting Colorado State next weekend 

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/05/myles-baker-video/

Video summary:

Baker is taking on a much bigger role on his HS and AAU teams this year. Along with DaJuan Gordon, he's one of the leading scorers for Team Rose and says they play way more up and down than his previous AAU teams. He took Whitney Young to state last season and with a bigger role this year, is looking to do it again.

Colorado State texts him daily and is making him a bigger priority than any other program. He will visit there May 31st. He said SLU checks in periodically but not daily, and that they've come out to watch him play and work out quite a bit, and that he'll visit sometime in June. He's also going to get out to Milwaukee after that, and presumably Cleveland State, as well. All unofficial visits so far. He said that Loyola and Tulsa were getting more involved, too.

(I was wondering why Colorado State had such a Chicago connection because I've noticed them recruiting the area hard, both on Eustachy's staff and the new Medved one. An assistant, JR Blount, played at Loyola and was an assistant at Drake with Medved before coming to CSU. He's also from Milwaukee. Medved's other assistants are Midwesterners, as well - one of them is Ali Farokhmanesh, the guy from UNI who hit a big shot to upset Kansas in 2010. CSU has two Chicago kids on the roster, even after Prentiss Nixon transferred.)