Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

10 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

And we should care about this guy because?

We were one of the first to offer him, and actually might have been the first. His recruitment has been fairly quiet until recently. But yeah, he reclassified to 2019 a year ago.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Compton said:

Whoa. That new Illini logo is garbage.

Looks like they hired the same firm that redid our logo.  Pretty terrible, change the color scheme to yellow and black and it is just like purdue's.

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

If the billikens aren't in the running/pursuing couldn't care less.

Well if the kid cared enough to include the Billiken in his photo, I would guess that we are still in the running. So that's why I shared it. 

New Rivals rankings for 2018 and 2019. Players with SLU offers that I am finding: Vernon Carey #3, Ashton Hagans #9, Christian Brown #11, Armando Bacot #15, Francis Okoro #26, Kofi Cockburn #30, Jalen Lecque #32, Isaiah Stewart #40, Grant Sherfield #42, Bryce Wills #47, Josh Nickelberry #49, Aundre Hyatt #50, Marcedus Leech #53, Jalen Wilson #60, Ismael Massoud #66, Mario McKinney #74, Malik Hall #84, Nobal Days #86, Kahlil Whitney #87, CJ Walker #89, EJ Liddell #93, Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd #98, Xzavier Jones #103, John Bol Jaylin Williams #106, Ajak #117.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

30 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

New Rivals rankings for 2018 and 2019. Players with SLU offers that I am finding: Vernon Carey #3, Ashton Hagans #9, Christian Brown #11, Armando Bacot #15, Francis Okoro #26, Kofi Cockburn #30, Jalen Lecque #32, Isaiah Stewart #40, Grant Sherfield #42, Bryce Wills #47, Josh Nickelberry #49, Aundre Hyatt #50, Marcedus Leech #53, Jalen Wilson #60, Ismael Massoud #66, Mario McKinney #74, Malik Hall #84, Nobal Days #86, Kahlil Whitney #87, CJ Walker #89, EJ Liddell #93, Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd #98, Xzavier Jones #103, John Bol Jaylin Williams #106, Ajak #117.

SLU doesn't even show up on Leech's interest list. I would be happy with #s 74; 84 and 93 on that list.

15 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

This means that the only guys we've offered who aren't on the list are Michael Christmas, Yuri Collins, Joe Girard, Terrence Hargrove, Anderson Mirambeaux, Quinn Richey, Richard Springs, and Joe Toussaint. It's also worth noting that this list is only at 125 players for now, and it's not unreasonable to think a couple of those guys could be in the 125-150 range.

Al-Amir Dawes, on the interest list, is 111th.

It was interesting to see yesterday that in the 2018 list, most of our offers moved down from the previous rankings but in 2019, most of them moved up or were on it for the first time.

2019 recruits playing in this week's Peach Jam:

Paul Mulcahy, New Jersey Playaz

Isaiah Stewart, City Rocks New York

Joe Girard III, City Rocks New York

Joe Toussaint, PSA Cardinals

EJ Liddell, Bradley Beal Elite

Francis Okoro, Bradley Beal Elite

Malik Hall, MOKAN Elite

Vernon Carey, Team Florida

Aundre Hyatt, Boo Williams

Anderson Mirambeaux, Boo Williams

Note: These are just guys at the U17 level; there are other players, like Mario McKinney, playing at the U16 level but those stats are not on the Peach Jam's website.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:56 AM, 3star_recruit said:

McKinney is at his best when he is in attack mode. Collins is great at delivering the ball to guys when they are in motion. They play well together and would cause nightmares for opponents in the A10.

I have watched McKinney twice today (parts of their first two games) and have no idea what to think of him with regards to whether I think he is overrated or not. His shot is absolutely broke, but when he attacks off of the dribble I have not seen anyone capable of keeping him out of the lane. Kid is dynamic off of the bounce, but definitely not a shooter. In the first game that happened in the 2nd half when he took over as the lead guard playing with Caleb Love as the 2 (he had a big game). He is also an active defender and rebounder for a guard with some length. Unfortunately he is a little weak, so he doesn't finish at a high percentage attacking the rim (gets to the line and creates for his teammates though), but he is nice off of the dribble and attacking. With a jump shot and some strength he would be big time.

Collins had a rough first game today, but looked better this afternoon. I like his game and also understand this setting may not be ideal for a floor general type point guard playing without his stud big man (Liddell who is up with the 17s).

Anyone know anything about Chris Payton? I had not seen him play before, but has looked like a nice player today making a lot of energy plays on both ends. I saw the stats and must have caught his good moments (small sample sizes ha).

• 2 weeks later...

Amauri Pesek-Hickson just transferred to Chaminade for his last 2 years. Couldn't find much on him but he plays for Team Rush out of the Midwest.

"Excited to officially announce that Im going to be attending chaminade college preparatory school in STL for my junior and senior year??"

Esto Vir

IMG_1322.JPG

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

2019 top-100 @PSACardinals big man Max Lorca has picked up an offer from St Louis

per Corey Evans

We offered him like a year ago. Must just be a refresh. Full name is Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd. 98th in the Rivals 2019 rankings.