Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Plus, and here is the biggest plus, Bryce is a Hoosier!

In that case, he'll fit in well. My brother will have a spare bedroom in a South City apartment in late summer. They can drink Busch Light shirtless while watching the Cardinals.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"More seamless" must be code for "less huge of a jump." I'd like to think the A10 is still closer to the ACC than it is to the Horizon league...

I think they think building a foundation for a consistent conference champion to advance deep in the tournament would be easier in the A10. For all Scott has done at Baylor he has only once finished higher than tied for fourth in the Big 12. Bryce would face an even bigger log jam at the the top of the ACC.

Xavier proved with the right resources you can build a consistent top level team capable of deep tourney runs in the A10.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-working-with-beaudine-search-firm-on-coach-hire/article_74923ede-91c1-5541-98bd-462b9dea5845.html

Beaudine was involved with SLU when it landed Majerus and also helped put Gregg Marshall at Wichita State, Scott Drew at Baylor and Mike Anderson at Missouri. Valparaiso coach Bryce Drew has been contacted regarding the job at SLU by the firm, according to a source

Bryce Drew would be the ultimate home run hire. Even more so than Majerus was, because he would be a long term answer to the coaching question.

+1 . . . I would be more excited about this hire than the Majerus hire..and that is saying a lot.

Speculation on what a new coach would do with the current roster and Zeke Moore?

We still need a PG. Bishop is good, but he's not a true PG. True PG's don't totally exist anymore, but someone who is similar to Keith Carter (Valpo) would do the trick.

Damn it, I have been playing down our chances of landing Bryce Drew in my mind for over a year now because I didn't want to feel let down when it didn't happen. Now I am allowing myself to believe there is a decent chance it is going to happen.

The SLU culture has changed for the good with the Fetz and the A10. A coaching legend like coach Majerus wanted the job and so will other coaching candidates that are lucky enough to be offered the coaching job. My attitude about SLU basketball has changed from getting a occasional bid to the NCAA to expecting competing for the conference each year. As city's go is Cincinnati or Spokane better than St. Louis? This is a good town with a good school, SLU, with good facilities, good conference and I think the AD understands this and should feel he has something great to offer to a coach. SLU should be able to get what they want and I anxiously waiting for the announcement.

Saint Louis is the perfect place for Bryce Drew. A Jesuit institution. It's an easier go as far as making the NCAA tourney. He's 41. He could be here for 10-15 years years and he'd be at a perfect age for a big time job like UND as that would be about the time I suspect Mike Brey would look to hit the beach.