Coaching Candidates

JMM28

My friends, sans Mrjoelabs, I live in Valpo. For those on the Drew train, see the following for your consideration:

2. http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/#.VvHYKuIrLrd

3. http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/2015-16/8079/bryce-drew/#.VvHZ6uIrLrc

Valparaiso is an hour from Chicago. It lies directly between Notre Dame and Chicago. Valpo is really close to basketball talent.

I have to say there was no bigger supporter of Crews than I, however I do not blame SLU for making a change. It had to be done based upon this year's results and the state of the team and SLU as a whole, among several other reasons outlined by the many Billiken posters...and Crews haters.

Drew would be exciting. Nonetheless, I ask you gentlemen, is not recruitment the most important issue? Can Drew deliver? Since I was wrong before, I just don't know. Your thoughts please.

He is my favorite for the job, but the A10 is a step up from the Horizon. He would hopefully find an Assistant who is an excellent recruiter, as SLU must improve on the current roster ASAP!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends, sans Mrjoelabs, I have to say there was no bigger supporter of Crews than I, however I do not blame SLU for making a change. It had to be done based upon this year's results and the state of the team and SLU as a whole, among several other reasons outlined by the many Billiken posters...and Crews haters.

For those on the Drew train, see the following for your consideration:

2. http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/#.VvHYKuIrLrd

3. http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/2015-16/8079/bryce-drew/#.VvHZ6uIrLrc

I live in Valpo. Valparaiso is an hour from Chicago. It lies directly between Notre Dame and Chicago. Valpo is really close to basketball talent. Valparaiso is a small, sleepy, boring type of town...

Drew would be exciting. Nonetheless, I ask you gentlemen, is not recruitment the most important issue? Can Drew deliver? Since I was wrong before, I just don't know. Your thoughts please.

Ah, a fellow Hoosier. Are you an alum of Valpo? Valpo was on my list of colleges, but alas, I chose otherwise. You are right, it is a very sleepy town. I do recall Bryce's run at Valpo HS, and I believe he was Mr. Basketball.

Hmm...a St. Mary's win...well that's not good.

Time is not our friend. While there is a deal in place ...it is not a done deal until it is announced. The longer you wait the more likely something can go wrong...new suitors arrive...more money appears...etc

Northern Iowa over Tex A&M by 12 with 35 seconds to go ...a done deal.........Oops

I still feel confident that things will go our way...but it's not over till it's over.

My thought exactly.

Drew would be my first choice but I'd still be thrilled if we could get Bennett. He built that St. Mary's program from nothing. The year before he got there St.Mary's went 2-27 and by year 4 he had them winning 25 games and going to the NCAA tournament. He knows how to build a program. He's taken the Gaels to 5 NCAA tournaments and reached the sweet 16, has 3 conference championships which can't be easy in the same league as the Zags, and he has reached either the NCAA or NIT each of the last 9 years.

I wonder if he is tired of getting stuck in the NIT and would want to go to a league more likely to get multiple bids. The last three years his teams have gone to the NIT and the last two years he finished 2nd and 1st in the WCC.

I would think a assistant coach could finish out the tourney if Drew is our guy? May told the players they would know 3 weeks from when Crews was fired so next week will be three weeks but if Valpo makes the final it will be longer than that.

The dude IS valpo basketball you don't do that to a school you've been with your entire head coaching career