Jim Crews' future?

Good God people. Come off the ledge. I seriously doubt anyone here would pass up an opportunity to play at Duke and a chance for a national championship if you were only going to play college hoops for one season. This program did not get an increase in blue chip recruits when Hughes came nor would we if Tatum had come. People would have complained if they did not recruit Tatum just like they are now that they spent too much time on a kid who never was planning on coming to SLU anyway.

The program is not in the toilet nor is this the death of the program. We played primarily freshman and sophomores last year. We are not Kentucky. Our freshman cannot come in and dominate from day one like Kentucky.

Anyone who thinks Crews should have been dismissed after last season should not follow college basketball any longer. However, this is a big season from Crews. THe team has to improve or that seat will become hot.

+1. Thank you

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Crews has got to go. After not really doing anything with RM's kids except letting Jordair single handedly win a handful of games and quietly bow out of the tournament on the first weekend, and that abortion of a season last year, he needed to land Tatum.

I don't think anyone will have any fond memories of the JC era when it ends. I also attribute the Top 10 run to Majerus and the seniors. Crews was at the helm of a ship on auto-pilot. You couldn't draw up a more frustrating season than the one we just had.. So many things need to change. Athletic department hasn't impressed either with the constant stream of (however big/small) ups we see

I haven't heard very good things about Crews from those who are close to the players....

To be a bit more specific, I heard that more than just two players wanted to transfer... But I think there's a rule limiting transfer numbers to two each year?

There is no such rule. And if someone said that rule existed along with the other info, I'd highly question the legitimacy of the other info.

I haven't heard very good things about Crews from those who are close to the players....

To be a bit more specific, I heard that more than just two players wanted to transfer... But I think there's a rule limiting transfer numbers to two each year?

Are these the same people that said Tatum was going to SLU two days ago?

It is quite possible (even probable) that more players wanted to transfer. It is also possible it could have been because of a couple bad apples in the locker room. We all heard the rumblings last year.

Put me in the party that thinks that this team definitely needs to improve their game, but would also improve noticeably from a better team chemistry. Hopefully the trip to the Bahamas helps.

This is 100% false. This board is practically unreadable these days. Life lesson: If you have misinformation you should not spread it as truth.

There was only one freshmen who ever contemplated it and most would be surprised who it was.

Keep telling yourselves the sky is falling to satisfy your collective insecurities, and in the meantime we will continue to develop into a solid program again.

Didn't you also say that the players told you Tatum was coming to SLU? I wouldn't take their words as the ultimate truth

this is just untrue. and I've heard plenty, but sadly not from "those close to the players." I've actually heard it from the players themselves.

as for coming in off the ledge: seems logical, except that would require still being on the ledge. I hate to say I told you so about Tatum but in fact the meltdown over this obvious announcement has officially reached epic proportions. get a massage, or drink even more heavily...

this is just untrue. and I've heard plenty, but sadly not from "those close to the players." I've actually heard it from the players themselves.

as for coming in off the ledge: seems logical, except that would require still being on the ledge. I hate to say I told you so about Tatum but in fact the meltdown over this obvious announcement has officially reached epic proportions. get a massage, or drink even more heavily...

Excellent prescription Doc! Though as others have stated, the meltdown is pretty tame by Billikens.com standards

-what about the walk-on that left during the season?

I don't think there's been much of a meltdown here, surprisingly. Just honest questions about the future of the program.

Chillin, yes I know who the freshman is. And he obviously didn't transfer, but I never said that he for sure wanted to.

Big mouth, no, that post was originally in jest because they were joking about Tatum.

Doc, in all honesty (and this is not a knock on you at all), a young kid is probably going to say different things to someone who is older and connected to the program than to his buddies in college.

*Sigh, I should just refrain from posting things that stir up too much controversy, but I figured it would open up more conversations about the guy we are placing are hopes on for next season, and potentially the next....

Just so I'm clear, should this be a massage with or without a happy ending?

I would agree on this Board handling the Tatum decision well. I have seen way worse in game threads when we were down by 6 at half. I don't repeat everything I hear by any stretch, but I have heard from an inside source that the players on our current roster want to be here. There was some frustration last year (not unhappiness) because of the dynamics one individual brought to the team. There was also some frustration by players because of the success (or lack thereof) of the team. We have to remember that most of these kids were accustomed to seeing success in their careers and when you get to college and play on a team struggling it can be very frustrating. There was also a lot of indirect pressure to win coming off the previous three years. This team has bonded and are using last year's frustration to get better and they will be better. It is very hard to be a 3 star recruit and make an immediate impact as a freshman. It takes time to develop and these guys are developing and their chemistry is tight.