Paradise Jam 2016?

It also appears that SLU will likely be in the Paradise Jam during the 2016-2017 season. The Paradise Jam is a traditional bracketed 8 team tournament held in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. The other teams would be NC State, Purdue, Creighton, Ole Miss, Washington State, Loyola-Chicago, and 1 other TBD.

Source: http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-basketball/2015/6/9/8750175/nc-state-playing-paradise-jam-in-2016-battle-4-atlantis-in-2017

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It also appears that SLU will likely be in the Paradise Jam during the 2016-2017 season. The Paradise Jam is a traditional bracketed 8 team tournament held in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. The other teams would be NC State, Purdue, Creighton, Ole Miss, Washington State, Loyola-Chicago, and 1 other TBD.

Source: http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-basketball/2015/6/9/8750175/nc-state-playing-paradise-jam-in-2016-battle-4-atlantis-in-2017

Start putting Jayson Tatum's name on the MVP trophy right now.

Big upgrade from recent years.

That would be a great tourney to be in. Hopefully it's right.

I was lead by a fellow Billiken's twitter account (shoutout to PJ, I forget your user name here) to this video/article on the NC State SB Nation blog. http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-basketball/2015/6/9/8750175/nc-state-playing-paradise-jam-in-2016-battle-4-atlantis-in-2017

(As I am posting this, it seems the video itself has been taken down. I was shocked it went up in he first place. The important parts of the article remain though.)

In this video it walks through the scheduling process for the NC State basketball squad. While the whole video is pretty neat, it has a notable Easter Egg for Bills fans.

One of the groups on the board is "Paradise Jam 2016" and it has "St. Louis" listed in it. Could the Bills be headed to the Virgin Islands for the Thanksgiving of 2016? What I would give to trade in Turkey for some Mahi-Mahi. I mean, I've always been more of a Grand Cayman guy but I can sacrifice for the Bills.

I know this is all speculative but it is the off-season and the whole board could use some different discussion topics. Enjoy.

I know I am in the minority with this but we will be good in 16-17 with or without Tatum.

Id say that year has an Uncle Brad special of 18-15,19-14,20-13 type season with a 5th place finish in conference type feel for me without Tatum.

I know I am in the minority with this but we will be good in 16-17 with or without Tatum.

You aren't in the minority.

We will be bad though without Tatum, but maybe not with a new coaching staff.

I'm hoping for this in 15-16.

I am all for blind optimism, but I need to see the team play a bit this fall before having any idea what to predict for this coming season let alone two seasons from now. Which guys will even be on the team in 2016-17?

We can all agree that we're not going to be good in 2015-2016.

General questions for those who say we're going to be good in 2016-2017:

-What does "good" mean? NIT? Top half of A10? NCAA Tournament? Tournament run?

-What are you basing this on? A hunch? The current roster? Something you know that the rest of us don't?

(Sincere questions on both fronts.)

-What are you basing this on? A hunch? The current roster? Something you know that the rest of us don't?

At least a bubble team. I think we have talent on our roster. They just didn't know how to win. Neufeld could be the missing link. Someone to guard the basket.

I don't think this year will be like last year. I think we can be an NIT team this year. This team reminds me of the Jett, mc Call, Evans class during their sophomore year except without good upperclassmen. We will see some players take their game to the next level this coming year.

At least a bubble team. I think we have talent on our roster. They just didn't know how to win. Neufeld could be the missing link. Someone to guard the basket.

+1 (except Neufeld, I don't know about him)

MY, MB, and DR have all shown flashes of stuff I can get behind, especially by their Jr/Sr seasons (think: VCU at home). Not sure I can include MR in that group, but at least he showed he can attack the basket? MC and RA will still be around, the latter looked like he was improving down the stretch. Hopefully another big or two pans out (we're due, though I stopped getting prematurely excited about any of these type recruits). If we're not a bubble team by then, might as well kiss '17-18 goodbye also. Yikes.

I suppose this all optimistic. The alternative is no improvement, we're awful, but we'd also have a new coach at some point.

I don't think this year will be like last year. I think we can be an NIT team this year. This team reminds me of the Jett, mc Call, Evans class during their sophomore year except without good upperclassmen. We will see some players take their game to the next level this coming year.

That team returned 3 players that had a PER above 15 the prior conference season in Evans, Loe, and Conklin. Plus, it added Mitchell who had a PER above 20 before he sat out a season.

This team returns one player that had a PER above 15 in Crawford.