Changes in Branding for Athletics

The Normal Brand, a relatively new clothing company based here in STL - basically a Midwestern version of Vinyard Vines or Southern Tide - recently came out with a collection of "college inspired" shirts. Looks like the St. Louis shirt is inspired by SLU:

http://thenormalbrand.com/collections/college-ts

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Normal Brand, a relatively new clothing company based here in STL - basically a Midwestern version of Vinyard Vines or Southern Tide - recently came out with a collection of "college inspired" shirts. Looks like the St. Louis shirt is inspired by SLU:

http://thenormalbrand.com/collections/college-ts

$42 for a t-shirt, and $46 for a long-sleeved one?! The Normal Brand can go itself.

• 4 weeks later...

-thought this was the best thread in the 5 pages I reviewed to put this as there might be changes in branding but execution remains the same...Teddy Bear Toss tonight, bears are given to charity, did anyone see an announcement on this prior to yesterday afternoon? perhaps the ADept doesn't want to collect more than 10-12 from the floor

• 2 weeks later...

First I heard about it was on the coaches show last night. Saw on the AD website - tshirts on lower bowl only.

From slubillikens.com

PROMOTIONS

-- Free Billiken Blizzard white T-shirts will be located on the seats in the lower bowl. An exchange station will be set up in the concourse for fans wishing to exchange for a different size. All fans are encouraged to WEAR WHITE.

Another great Marketing announcement from the AD.

First I heard about it was on the coaches show last night. Saw on the AD website - tshirts on lower bowl only.

From slubillikens.com

PROMOTIONS

-- Free Billiken Blizzard white T-shirts will be located on the seats in the lower bowl. An exchange station will be set up in the concourse for fans wishing to exchange for a different size. All fans are encouraged to WEAR WHITE.

So if you are making annual donations with your season ticket purchase in 203, 204, 214 or 215 you don't get a shirt, but if you sit behind the basket without making an annual donation you get a shirt. Great job.

So if you are making annual donations with your season ticket purchase in 203, 204, 214 or 215 you don't get a shirt, but if you sit behind the basket without making an annual donation you get a shirt. Great job.

Whoops!

Or if you sit in section 208 and make a sizeable not-required donation, you don't get a shirt. I don't really need another whiteout shirt. I just wish I had known about it.

It is the kind of stupid short sighted thing the athletic department does all the time. Just give everyone a free shirt. Why potentially piss off anyone when you are having your second terrible season in a row.

It is the kind of stupid short sighted thing the athletic department does all the time. Just give everyone a free shirt. Why potentially piss off anyone when you are having your second terrible season in a row.

Why not hand out t-shirts in the upper bowls that are filled with young kids. Every bit of SLU gear you can give them helps you in the future. And if you aren't going to do it, it needs to be announced ahead of time and advertised well. It's really just incompetence.

From slubillikens.com

PROMOTIONS

Yet another bang up job by the SLU marketing department. Rinse and repeat.

If you sit in the upper bowl, you can pick up a shirt. I'll just go ahead and trust that SLU had this planned the whole time.

Curious on how they prevent hoarding of shirts.

Best way to do it is get a shirt when you enter. I never liked when they put one on your seat. My luck it would be a Medium or Large when I needed a XL. -_-