Changes in Branding for Athletics

I will mention with all this hate SLU is getting for the rollout - I'm a huge Milwaukee Bucks fan and half the gear in their NBA store has old players and old logos on it. It's been like 4 months for them and their new ownership seems reasonably competent. So I don't think it's that crazy that they're still selling old logo stuff

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the only Billiken logos that appear on that page are...the old ones.

Hurry Bonwich 15% off only lasts so long, or so says the mis-branded email I get daily soliciting me for full price old logo items.

I did see a shirt that actually had the new font on it along with the new Billiken online today. A rare bird indeed.

They also finally got some license plate frames, but of course they feature the old logo.

At least the bookstore updated their website with the new SLU logo. The Chaifetz shop website cannot be bothered to update anything nor get any new items online. You can't actually order any of the mens tshirts from them - I tried in June and they weren't making them anymore.

I will mention with all this hate SLU is getting for the rollout - I'm a huge Milwaukee Bucks fan and half the gear in their NBA store has old players and old logos on it. It's been like 4 months for them and their new ownership seems reasonably competent. So I don't think it's that crazy that they're still selling old logo stuff

Just looked. I think half is a bit of an overstatement, although I didn't dig really deep into the pages. More important, however, is that the first thing a visitor to that site sees is the new logo, which ain't happenin' in our place quite yet.

Just looked. I think half is a bit of an overstatement, although I didn't dig really deep into the pages. More important, however, is that the first thing a visitor to that site sees is the new logo, which ain't happenin' in our place quite yet.

Don't tell billikenfan05, he doesn't take criticism of the school/athletic department all that well

The stuff we are botching about would be solved by a couple phone calls and an email. So what's the excuse? Too busy - yet another reason to not do this exercise during the middle of fall semester. Incompetent - par for the Chris May course.

According to workers at the Chaifetz store, they ordered for the season before they were informed about the new logo. Major mistake by the university. So no one takes shots at the people from the Chaifetz store, they are a contracted group paid by the university to run the store. So it is on the university to keep in touch with them on the branding situation. A forever failing marketing department at St. Louis University....

According to workers at the Chaifetz store, they ordered for the season before they were informed about the new logo. Major mistake by the university. So no one takes shots at the people from the Chaifetz store, they are a contracted group paid by the university to run the store. So it is on the university to keep in touch with them on the branding situation. A forever failing marketing department at St. Louis University....

I find it odd that SLU seems to screw up so many facets of their marketing. I'm sure they have a department filled with very capable people, but it seems like there is no communication among anyone when it came to this rebranding. It goes beyond just the rebranding. There just seems to be a ton of dysfunction right now and I'm not exactly sure what that should be attributed to.

I find it odd that SLU seems to screw up so many facets of their marketing. I'm sure they have a department filled with very capable people, but it seems like there is no communication among anyone when it came to this rebranding. It goes beyond just the rebranding. There just seems to be a ton of dysfunction right now and I'm not exactly sure what that should be attributed to.

I wholeheartedly agree. I cannot imagine that the people that work in Marketing are just flat out not smart. There has to be some type of change though. It's starting to get thoroughly frustrating.

-what a way to treat a partner...........

I noticed they have absolutely zero Billiken stuff at their Dugout store at South County Mall this year, which is definitely a change. I can't imagine how pissed they must be if they really were not told about the rebrand until after ordering for a whole season.