Changes in Branding for Athletics

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter thinks the new logo "is kind of funny" (at 7 she is the ultimate arbiter of cute) and thinks it's "ok". She did think her version of the Billiken (my avatar) was better. I am just calling it the "White Castle Billiken" as obviously that is where they got their inspiration.

Also, I like the new school logos and font types.

Untitled.png.

So, got my every-other-day-or-so email from the online gear-seller. Leads with old identity. First two items featured are old identity. First item with new identity, it's so small you can't see it.

In fairness, the deeper you go into the site, the more new identity it has.

I did notice a pretty large (because it's small) flaw in the new identity in terms of game-day. It's basically invisible from more than about 40 feet on things like the cheerleaders' uniforms.

So, got my every-other-day-or-so email from the online gear-seller. Leads with old identity. First two items featured are old identity. First item with new identity, it's so small you can't see it.

In fairness, the deeper you go into the site, the more new identity it has.

I did notice a pretty large (because it's small) flaw in the new identity in terms of game-day. It's basically invisible from more than about 40 feet on things like the cheerleaders' uniforms.

Bonwich, did you see any of those 50% off sweatshirts? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything more than 15% off.

Is there anywhere to get clothing with vintage Billiken logos like the one with the crown?

The Arena store still has a t-shirt with the crown logo and another with the old basketball-spinning version of the logo (minus the basketball, so the Billiken is just holding his hand out, which is kind of weird).

I like the new university logo but the new Billiken... Let's just say I hope they don't sell out of the old logo before I have a chance to buy some more. Should be fun explaining how the Billiken is "fierce" to people.

How do you figure that they made it fierce? I see nothing about it that makes it more fierce....

23043629666_ef0f07d0b3_z.jpg

I don't know who created this side by side comparison but thank you. I am a bit curious about the meaning of the Two-Tone Billiken. Gray = Fierce

I'm not sure that there is any kind of "Jekyll and Hyde" element to the new logo; I suspect that the gray side is merely intended to be a shadow.

I've noticed that when the logo is smaller (like on the ribbon boards at Chaifetz), the shadow makes it show up a lot better and the two-tone effect is not quite as pronounced as it is on the giant logo at center court.

23043629666_ef0f07d0b3_z.jpg

I don't know who created this side by side comparison but thank you. I am a bit curious about the meaning of the Two-Tone Billiken. Gray = Fierce

I can't help but wonder if some of those who came up with this logo were tied in with the protests in Ferguson. The new logo has the look of the Anonymous Guy Fawkes mask....