Bills Mason Game Thread

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last two years the team coached itself-the janitor could have done as well as coach of those teams

this is honestly true. people say that kentucky could coach itself. no, it couldn't. you need a guy that's seen it all like calipari to harness all that talent, NBA dreams, ego, etc. he does it adeptly.

SLU's team last year, those seniors... they knew what exactly what they needed to do, they knew they weren't going to the NBA, they knew what six inches was. they owed it to each other as four-year teammates, playing for majerus, to play hardnosed defense, smart offense, and to give it everything they had, take it as far as they could, even as they were being run into the ground with ZERO trust put in the young guys. evans and jett are still suffering in the barn from being whipped across the finish line.

if i don't see results in the first ten games next season, i say fuoking fire crews then and there. is that too late, even? i honestly don't know, and i give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

By the end of next season all the shine will be off the program. A change needs to be made at the end of this season or we are going to get stuck in the basketball wilderness again.

Let's be honest, outside of Billikens fans not sure it was shining that brightly. I think making the tournament only largely helps if you get to the sweet 16 or better. I am not confident that Crews will turn it around, but I also don't know how you get rid of him right away.

Folks, this is '15 George Mason, which entered this game 8-19, 3-12 in the A10.

This is not the 2000 Cincinnati Bearcats or the 1980 Louisville Cardinals.

Mason 72 SLU 45 2:34.

That says it all. And it was at home.

Yeah, cause it was all thanks to Crews. Jett, Evans, McCall, and Loe didn't have a thing to do with it. And Rick in absentia due to his coaching of them.

Yeah, cause I specifically said the previous team's players all sucked and it was only Crews that won those A10 championships.

Yeah, cause I specifically said the previous team's players all sucked and it was only Crews that won those A10 championships.

I didn't insinuate that. I am insinuating that they won because of those players and not because of Crews' in game coaching. I give him credit for holding the team together after Majerus's death. That was a great job to steer the team through adversity.

Last year was all on the seniors and Majerus's influence. Losing by 28 at home to a under .500 team at home is not acceptable at all.

Well, we do need defense - they're killing us around the basket. That's definitely not Gillllmannnnn's strength.

SLU desperately needs a zone defense as an alternative for teams like Mason. This has become a broken record here.

SLU could not guard the Mason dribble drive penetration, resulting in layups or kicks for wide open 3's. Mason shot 60.9% for the game.

SLU's player substitution patterns remain a mystery.

Crews' hillbilly bumble simpleton yogi Berra quote approach was cute at first, but this is not the man to lead us to the promised land. He never was. He was the easy hire, not the sexy hire. I don't see the little boy Tanner Bronson (?) being our next Messiah either. Some said he is in charge of subs? Yikes. Is he flipping a coin? Chris May's first priority should be interviewing a good coach. Just because Coach K and Bobby Knight coached at Army doesn't mean every coach out of there is good. We need a good coach who can relate to the players and won't bench them for silly mistakes. Goodnight

fixed it for you. it's all very scary. i don't know if he thought he was going to ride last year's seniors to the national championship or what, but he seemed like a guy handed a million dollars to play the stock market who just bought blue chips and wondered why he didn't win. he said it himself (paraphrasing) "i don't coach these guys, they coach themselves." a testament to majerus and the players, seems like a great compliment, but it's scary as can be when it turns out it's completely and utterly true.

post of the year.

Losing at home to George Mason- within the realm of possibility for a young, inconsistent, inexperienced team.

Losing at home to George Mason by 28 points- signals potentially significant systematic problems with the team.

Why does the 'blame' have to be concentrated around 1 person? Crews should do better, and so should the players...really not that hard.

Demoralizing. I'm still numb.

I didn't watch this game, but seeing the score afterwards gave me a sickening feeling slightly reminiscent of the time I saw our 20 point box score on my phone, albeit to a lesser extent.

Losing at home to George Mason- within the realm of possibility for a young, inconsistent, inexperienced team.

Losing at home to George Mason by 28 points- signals potentially significant systematic problems with the team.

Why does the 'blame' have to be concentrated around 1 person? Crews should do better, and so should the players...really not that hard.

Totally inexcusable. This goes on every player, coach, and staff member.

I didn't watch this game, but seeing the score afterwards gave me a sickening feeling slightly reminiscent of the time I saw our 20 point box score on my phone, albeit to a lesser extent.

Come up with the worst possibilities you can imagine.

It was worse.

I hadn't yet joined the Billiken fandom during the 20 point game, but did we at least play hard to the very end in that one? Because we totally gave up tonight.

I hadn't yet joined the Billiken fandom during the 20 point game, but did we at least play hard to the very end in that one? Because we totally gave up tonight.

Defense was very good in the GW game. They only scored like 40 something.

The shooting was unbelievable. Nothing would go in. It was a like a UFO sighting, that night.

This game was just truly rock bottom.

I'll remind you all:

To Win: Defend. Rebound.

I've been noted as being very bullish on this team moving forward. I've also pointed out that Crews is here to stay for the next two seasons. However, I want to highlight that I am not a Crews apologist or even a fan of his as a coach.

This loss killed me tonight, more so than any other this year. At the end of the first half, I yelled out, "You had had us drive out in the snow for this?!?!" Afterward, I resigned myself to an embarrassing loss and drank overpriced beer while I stewed in my seat. I am now just sitting stunned in my living room while my wife has already headed to bed. It is barely past 9 pm and I am just done. What I saw drained me. Period.

Fans around me were demoralized. Many left with 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. There is no sugarcoating any of this. There has to be major improvement next year. It is already apparent that there will be a major drop-off in season ticket sales. I am just defeated right now.