Bills Mason Game Thread

Yeah, let's just fold the basketball program.... Good grief people! If you hate it so much turn on reruns of CSI or something.

No one is calling for anything of the sort. But what is happening this season is unacceptable.

These GDT threads are like sitting next to guys at the game, or at a sports bar. Some of the comments need to be taken with a grain or two of salt.

Our SLU fanbase is not UCLA, where anything short of winning the National Championship is considered failure. At SLU, the Coach basically gets a pass as long as we aren't embarrassed.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is calling for anything of the sort. But what is happening this season is unacceptable.

These GDT threads are like sitting next to guys at the game, or at a sports bar. Some of the comments need to be taken with a grain or two of salt.

Our SLU fanbase is not UCLA, where anything short of winning the National Championship is considered failure. At SLU, the Coach basically gets a pass as long as we aren't embarrassed.

I'm here at the game on a night with really crappy weather and I'm NOT embarrassed. Maybe frustrated with miss after miss, but not even close to embarrassed for a team with 8 freshmen.

(As Roby totally missed a WIDE OPEN shot - yeah that's bad coaching)

Tell me how Crews caused Ash to miss 21 shots? Was that bad coaching too?

He's not Bill Self or Coach K but he's done pretty damn well the last two seasons.

And when's the last time Ash has been benched for 10 straight minutes when he hasn't been in foul trouble?

I like Ash's game a lot, but there have seemingly been a number of times that he hasn't "played within the offense".

My biggest issue this year with JC is his inconsistency in pretty much every aspect this year. I guess the only consistent thing is his inconsistency.

I'm here at the game on a night with really crappy weather and I'm NOT embarrassed. Maybe frustrated with miss after miss, but not even close to embarrassed for a team with 8 freshmen.

Quit including walk ons in the freshmen count.

Crews recruited and coaches Ash. He gets blame there

Yep. And most on this board were talking about Ash like he was the next Carmelo. Whatever.

Who's your dealer? Fordham had about 8 freshman and they killed us. Not an excuse with all the playing time they are getting. Again, who is your dealer?

Look, we all know they're young, but it's pretty late in the season to be non competitive to another bottom feeder. Most of us did not expect much, but we were expecting continued development. Not necessarily Ws just improvement. There are games, this being one, where I see regression.

Quit including walk ons in the freshmen count.

Oh well excuse me, 6 freshmen. I guess we should be winning the national championship since its six and not eight.