Bills Mason Game Thread

fixed it for you. it's all very scary. i don't know if he thought he was going to ride last year's seniors to the national championship or what, but he seemed like a guy handed a million dollars to play the stock market who just bought blue chips and wondered why he didn't win. he said it himself (paraphrasing) "i don't coach these guys, they coach themselves." a testament to majerus and the players, seems like a great compliment, but it's scary as can be when it turns out it's completely and utterly true.

Your last line is pretty scary, but damn if you didn't nail it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that is the difference - I did.

Did you really expect our SLU team to be in last place in the 14 team A10 on the last day of February, 2015?

I was hoping for a 16-15 regular season, expecting perhaps a little bit worse. But I did not expect this. I thought SLU would be a middle of the pack team in the A10 this year.

I did not expect any home game to look like an exhibition from the standpoint of SLU getting blown out at home. This is the A10, not the old Metro Conference or the version of C-USA when SLU was a member thereof.

Putting Manning in down 25. That'll help us get better

Well, we do need defense - they're killing us around the basket. That's definitely not Gillllmannnnn's strength.

And now another boneheaded pass. Coaches' fault?

No, it's all on the kids. The guys getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars are exempt from criticism. God forbid we change something up- zone defense, press, set plays.. Nah, let's continue with the shitbomb product we are producing.

Earl has talked about consistency all year. It's hard to be consistent when no one has any idea what the rotation is.

The rotations and substitution patterns have been consistently inconsistent.

I don't know from game to game or even within games who is going to be on the floor.

Particularly troubling have been the yanks of SLU's top players. That is a pet peeve of mine, going way back. My opinion is the yanks are counterproductive.

Trying to play the Twin Towers in the de facto Third Quarter at Fordham was the strangest coaching move of all. Yanking Yacoubou with 2 minutes left in the Dayton home game was bizarre, although he returned shortly. Confining Yarbrough for 11 straight minutes in the 2nd Half at Duquesne, when he was red hot and finished 10-14 from the floor is simply inexplicable.

If it's defense in Yarbrough's case, my rebuttal is this is still Basketball. You still have to score the ball, make baskets. Let's please not let defense wag the offense.

If Crews doesn't deserve blame for this team then he doesn't deserve credit for the last 2

HATE THE FUOK HATE. he either doesn't have the ability to recruit coachable guys, or he can't coach anyone. neither one is acceptable, sadly. this is a gotdamn shitfuok of a season. it really is.

Did you really expect our SLU team to be in last place in the 14 team A10 on the last day of February, 2015?

I was hoping for a 16-15 regular season, expecting perhaps a little bit worse. But I did not expect this. I thought SLU would be a middle of the pack team in the A10 this year.

I did not expect any home game to look like an exhibition from the standpoint of SLU getting blown out at home. This is the A10, not the old Metro Conference or the version of C-USA when SLU was a member thereof.

We definitely had very different expectations.

No, it's all on the kids. The guys getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars are exempt from criticism. God forbid we change something up- zone defense, press, set plays.. Nah, let's continue with the shitbomb product we are producing.

Yeah cause the last three years have been so bad.