Bills Mason Game Thread

I can kind of accept criticism of recruiting (although they're freshmen), but our players make idiotic passes, miss wide open shots, don't always hustle on defense/rebounding, miss FTs, etc. that's not on the coach.

Yes. Yes it is.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im at the game too. Horrible weather and all. Ive been watching slu basketball since i was born. 25 years. I am ashamed by this.

You have no idea what youre talking about. Next year maybe we get better. Maybe we win it all.This year has been UNACCEPTABLE. nothing changes that.

Well at 25 you certainly would know a lot more than me...

I can kind of accept criticism of recruiting (although they're freshmen), but our players make idiotic passes, miss wide open shots, don't always hustle on defense/rebounding, miss FTs, etc. that's not on the coach.

Agreed to a certain extent. Boneheaded mistakes and missed shots are on the players. But I'm concerned about the bigger of Crews ability to captain this ship and instill discipline without losing the guys. There hasn't been any tangible team improvement. Outside of the bigger issue of "losing" the players, Crews concerns me with his inconsistent lineups, odd substitution patterns, seeming inability to call timeouts at critical times, lack of game adjustments, lack of "bigs" development, etc.

With all due respect, SLU is losing on its home court to George Mason, the 13th Place team in the A10, by 26 points with 13:41 left in the game.

I have followed the SLU team closely since 1978.

I realize this is a young team. I knew this would be a rebuilding year. But I did not expect this.

I guess that is the difference - I did.

Agreed to a certain extent. Boneheaded mistakes and missed shots are on the players. But I'm concerned about the bigger of Crews ability to captain this ship and instill discipline without losing the guys. There hasn't been any tangible team improvement. Outside of the bigger issue of "losing" the players, Crews concerns me with his inconsistent lineups, odd substitution patterns, seeming inability to call timeouts at critical times, lack of game adjustments, lack of "bigs" development, etc.

Fair enough.

Earl has talked about consistency all year. It's hard to be consistent when no one has any idea what the rotation is.

You expected dead last with blowout losses to Fordham Duquesne and George Mason?

I expected some really bad losses...because I'm senile...

fixed it for you. it's all very scary. i don't know if he thought he was going to ride last year's seniors to the national championship or what, but he seemed like a guy handed a million dollars to play the stock market who just bought blue chips and wondered why he didn't win. he said it himself (paraphrasing) "i don't coach these guys, they coach themselves." a testament to majerus and the players, seems like a great compliment, but it's scary as can be when it turns out it's completely and utterly true.