Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

3 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

He's been mentioned multiple times in this thread and is an uncommitted in-state product, so updating his move from 4 stars to 5 stars is wrong?  I'm confused.  This over reaction is due to the author of the post, not the content and it's obvious

Then take a hint ☺️

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

He's been mentioned multiple times in this thread and is an uncommitted in-state product, so updating his move from 4 stars to 5 stars is wrong?  I'm confused.  This over reaction is due to the author of the post, not the content and it's obvious

Fake news. Mizzou is trash. You are trash now too. 

2 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

If I was anti-Billiken, I could've shown it at any point during the last 3 horrific years. I bit my tongue and prayed for better. I will not conform. If Steve wants me gone, I will live with that, but until then I'm here.

You may not be anti-Billiken, but you're still trolling.  All doubt gone.  Please spare me the crocodile tears.  I'm not saying that you should not be allowed to post here, but your agenda has become clear.  I don't understand why you fail to see the spirit behind my hint.  SLU has not been recruiting Jontay Porter and no SLU fan posting here (or not) ever sincerely or seriously posted that he is a viable candidate for SLU.  Your posting an update on his rating is not a genuine consideration of your audience.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

If anybody posted what you posted I would of reacted in the exact  same  way.  I enjoy your insight when it's on topics that I come to this board to read about (Billiken basketball if you are unsure).

Meanwhile, Thatch averaged 6.2ppg, 2rpg, 2.8apg, 1.5spg in his four games this weekend. Was the team's secondary ball-handler from the bits I got to watch (Darius Garland, a top-15 guy, is their other starting guard). He shot 52.4% from the floor, and went 2/4 from the line, 2/7 from three and had 1.5 TO/g. Played the fifth most minutes on the team. Would love to hear what anyone who got to watch more of the games has to say about his performance.

Also, do we still not know why Gordon did not suit up? I find it strange that we were hearing he was going to be with BBE but was still on the MOKAN roster for this tournament... Hopefully he gets this sorted before too long, as the next EYBL showcase is next weekend already.

1 hour ago, Zink said:

Meanwhile, Thatch averaged 6.2ppg, 2rpg, 2.8apg, 1.5spg in his four games this weekend. Was the team's secondary ball-handler from the bits I got to watch (Darius Garland, a top-15 guy, is their other starting guard). He shot 52.4% from the floor, and went 2/4 from the line, 2/7 from three and had 1.5 TO/g. Played the fifth most minutes on the team. Would love to hear what anyone who got to watch more of the games has to say about his performance.

Also, do we still not know why Gordon did not suit up? I find it strange that we were hearing he was going to be with BBE but was still on the MOKAN roster for this tournament... Hopefully he gets this sorted before too long, as the next EYBL showcase is next weekend already.

Garland is the real deal.  Saw him a lot last summer.  Needs to get better defensively tho.

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Garland is the real deal.  Saw him a lot last summer.  Needs to get better defensively tho.

Yeah, he put up good numbers this weekend, looks pretty legit. Is he the potential WG transfer?

10 hours ago, Zink said:

The only thing I can find that mentions it is this article (It's about Jontay Porter and Tilmon primarily, but mentions Gordon:

http://www.rockmnation.com/2017/4/22/15368322/jontay-porter-jeremiah-tilmon-kevin-knox-missouri-basketball-recruiting

There is speculation that he is leaving Mokan and going back to BBE. I'm not familiar with local AAU teams yet, so I don't know to what degree that makes or does not make sense. 

3 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

The only thing I can find that mentions it is this article (It's about Jontay Porter and Tilmon primarily, but mentions Gordon:

http://www.rockmnation.com/2017/4/22/15368322/jontay-porter-jeremiah-tilmon-kevin-knox-missouri-basketball-recruiting

There is speculation that he is leaving Mokan and going back to BBE. I'm not familiar with local AAU teams yet, so I don't know to what degree that makes or does not make sense. 

Both MOKAN and BBE are top level AAU programs with very good coaching.  BBE is the local program, but I am not sure how much that really matters anymore.  These teams not get players from across a multi state area.  I would much rather have Gordon play for BBE.

7 hours ago, Zink said:

Yeah, he put up good numbers this weekend, looks pretty legit. Is he the potential WG transfer?

No, it's the big man, James Wiseman. Looking at a few other schools, too.

13 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You may not be anti-Billiken, but you're still trolling.  All doubt gone.  Please spare me the crocodile tears.  I'm not saying that you should not be allowed to post here, but your agenda has become clear.  I don't understand why you fail to see the spirit behind my hint.  SLU has not been recruiting Jontay Porter and no SLU fan posting here (or not) ever sincerely or seriously posted that he is a viable candidate for SLU.  Your posting an update on his rating is not a genuine consideration of your audience.

Gotta give credit where it is due... you were a little slow to see the light, but nice job Job 1. And good job calling out the classless "stench" comment.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

No, it's the big man, James Wiseman. Looking at a few other schools, too.

Cool. Wiseman looked like he was pretty clearly the second best player on the team. He's a 2019 guy, though, correct?

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Both MOKAN and BBE or top level AAU programs with very good coaching.  BBE is the local program, but I am not sure how much that really matters anymore.  These teams not get players from across a multi state area.  I would much rather have Gordon play for BBE.

Gordon did not play this past weekend but next weekend he will play for BBE--he is now on that team and they will be very good!

3 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

Gordon did not play this past weekend but next weekend he will play for BBE--he is now on that team and they will be very good!

Good to know he's got that sorted out! Thanks for info. 

Random question that I assume I am kind of answering, I saw Erwin Claggett listed as an assistant coach for Brad Beal Elite. For some reason I had thought high school coaches were not allowed to coach AAU as well (not sure the reasoning or if that thought was ever correct), is that not the case? That could seemingly help SLUH with Wiseman, but more importantly I like having another SLU link with that program.