St. Bonaventure/Boston Braves throwback uniforms.

hsmith19

Saw this on the Uni-Watch ticker:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11858656/uni-watch-2014-15-college-basketball-preview

Cool uniforms and cool remembrance of a defunct franchise, plus the Bonnies fans who are still offended by the loss of the Brown Indians mascot will get to enjoy a slightly less heinous racially-inspired team name for at least one game.

Check out the Tulsa black unis w/ Billiken Blue letters. Now that's a nice looking road uni. I kind of like St.B's unis. Sure wish we'd get more than just two choices, white for home and blue for road. A grey/or silver would look good for home, and the aforementioned black Tulsa uniform for the road.

I really like all of Tulsa's uniforms but the black one especially. How can a program like that have 4 uniforms and SLU just has 2. Duke has more white uniform choices than that.

The Tulsa black jersey is EXACTLY the type I want for us...put a blue 'SLU' on the front and I would buy 2 or 3 of those...that would also help with expanding Pestello's branding of the school. We need to get the 'SLU' moniker out there...

I believe you mean Buffalo Braves, the Boston Braves were a baseball team.

I would love to see us do a random Spirits of St. Louis Jersey that was completely out of our color scheme. How cool would that be?

As far as throwbacks/alternates: Yes. All of them. Red Accents with the Navy Blue, red accents with royal blue. Powder blue. New blacks, new grays. Yes, yes, and yes.

Whenever I see a red, white and blue together I think of faux-patriotism. Blue and white is much sharper than red accents.

As for black and gray alternates, call me old fashioned, but I've never been a fan of tons of alternates. Generally just ways to sell more merchandise. Same with changing uniform styles every year or two. Isn't there a benefit from building up a recognizable brand? If the blue-bloods want to mix it up every so often, good for them, but SLU is still trying to build national recognition.

Whenever I see a red, white and blue together I think of faux-patriotism. Blue and white is much sharper than red accents.

As for black and gray alternates, call me old fashioned, but I've never been a fan of tons of alternates. Generally just ways to sell more merchandise. Same with changing uniform styles every year or two. Isn't there a benefit from building up a recognizable brand? If the blue-bloods want to mix it up every so often, good for them, but SLU is still trying to build national recognition.

Why do you hate America first? ;) Somebody posted a picture on here of what gray uniforms would look like... I thought it looked pretty cool and it made the Billiken blue pop. Which team will go retro and return to the short shorts?

Reading throught the article, saw that a few city schools are adding city skylines to the court. Would you be in favor of the St. Louis skyline on the Billikens court?

Xavier, Univ of Washington and IUPUI below

WCPO_Xavier_Cintas_Center_basketball_cou

newhuskiescourt-600x399.jpgByuIAyzIEAA-fRH.jpg

Considering that we have an iconic landmark as part of our cityscape, this would be awesome. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Why do you hate America first? ;) Somebody posted a picture on here of what gray uniforms would look like... I thought it looked pretty cool and it made the Billiken blue pop. Which team will go retro and return to the short shorts?

I'm guessing you're joking here, but I'm going to step on my soapbox for a second anyways:

I hate the commercialization of patriotism and the military. "Military appreciation day" in the NLF last weekend was much more about earning the NFL good PR and money than actually thanking the troops. I'm probably far too cynical for my age, but I roll my eyes every time I see a sports team wearing camo. Using war analogies in a sports context only diminishes the actual experience of war, in my opinion.

I'm guessing you're joking here, but I'm going to step on my soapbox for a second anyways:

I hate the commercialization of patriotism and the military. "Military appreciation day" in the NLF last weekend was much more about earning the NFL good PR and money than actually thanking the troops. I'm probably far too cynical for my age, but I roll my eyes every time I see a sports team wearing camo. Using war analogies in a sports context only diminishes the actual experience of war, in my opinion.

What does red accents for a team that has a history of them have to do with faux patriotism