St. Bonaventure/Boston Braves throwback uniforms.

hsmith19

It may be a way to sell more jerseys but to be honest at SLU it's been slim pickings as far as buying current jerseys. It's hard to find even one online from any website except for the recent McBroom addition.

I also think the red goes good with the blue, like the Blues jerseys with the red highlights. Gives it more pop but just my opinion. The jerseys we have now are fine I guess but a little boring

I believe you mean Buffalo Braves, the Boston Braves were a baseball team.

I would love to see us do a random Spirits of St. Louis Jersey that was completely out of our color scheme. How cool would that be?

As far as throwbacks/alternates: Yes. All of them. Red Accents with the Navy Blue, red accents with royal blue. Powder blue. New blacks, new grays. Yes, yes, and yes.

Yes, I meant Buffalo. Although there was also an NFL team called the Boston Braves.

I'm guessing you're joking here, but I'm going to step on my soapbox for a second anyways:

I hate the commercialization of patriotism and the military. "Military appreciation day" in the NLF last weekend was much more about earning the NFL good PR and money than actually thanking the troops. I'm probably far too cynical for my age, but I roll my eyes every time I see a sports team wearing camo. Using war analogies in a sports context only diminishes the actual experience of war, in my opinion.

I agree about the commercialization of patriotism and the military. It's always struck me as generally disrespectful/gauche/in poor taste for teams to wear camo-themed sports uniforms and sell camo-themed merch.

On the other hand, I've never understood the anti-alternate stance. I think alternate uniforms at their best can be a fun change of pace. Obviously some of them are downright hideous, but not just because they're alternates. Having a third uni set to wear a few times a year doesn't have to detract from the simplicity/purity/whatever of the basic uniforms that will still be worn 75%+ of the time.

What does red accents for a team that has a history of them have to do with faux patriotism

Not saying SLU would do it with that intent. I suppose I mean that when I see all three colors together I only can think of the American flag. I think the same with Metrolink and buses.

Adding the red to the Billiken uniform has nothing to do with any patriotism, its just ugly. I fondly remember the Claggett/Highmark years then its ruined when I see them in uniform.

This made me LOL. I'm pretty much the same way. It's like my mind blocked out the heinous uniforms and chooses to only remember the good stuff.

This made me LOL. I'm pretty much the same way. It's like my mind blocked out the heinous uniforms and chooses to only remember the good stuff.

I hope the huge mural type photos they had of Claggett and Waldman in the Kiel center were burned.

I have always thought a gray alternate uniform would be cool, or a white with blue pinstripes home alternate with "BILLIKENS" instead of "SAINT LOUIS." I would also like to see the Billiken logo on the shorts be bigger.

I thought we had grey during the Monroe Douglas, Roland Gray years-or did they wear grey short sleeve shirts under their tops?

Any old guys remember-Joe Wiley would know?

I thought we had grey during the Monroe Douglas, Roland Gray years-or did they wear grey short sleeve shirts under their tops?

Any old guys remember-Joe Wiley would know?

I remember guys wearing the gray shirts underneath but we never had gray uniforms.