Next year's starting five.

I think you are confusing him with Roby. Bartley's strength are his ballhandling, shooting, passing and length. Weaknesses are his defense, and strength.

One of the high school "reporters" in this area stated he is NOT an accurate shooter. That may be one of the "some" spoken of.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartley had 17 points in the All star game the other night. he won the 3 point shooting contest by making 10 of 15 in the final round.

Too bad we already have him as a guy who can't shoot! :( My, my how reputations are built w/o any real foundation.

Here's my opening day lineup; MR, AY, TL, RA, JM. For what it's worth; nothing. However, having bigger guards starting seems to make sense. Also think MR's experience of playing w/ such a high level of talent in HS that he will be the quickest to adapt to the speed of the D1 game. Why TL at the 3? I think JC likes a big lineup, ala Wisconsin. RA over GG. Why? Tons of upside, whereas, it seems GG has peaked.

Too bad we already have him as a guy who can't shoot! :( My, my how reputations are built w/o any real foundation.

The person who said he was not an accurate shooter has watched him many times. The foundation was there.

Here's my opening day lineup; MR, AY, TL, RA, JM. For what it's worth; nothing. However, having bigger guards starting seems to make sense. Also think MR's experience of playing w/ such a high level of talent in HS that he will be the quickest to adapt to the speed of the D1 game. Why TL at the 3? I think JC likes a big lineup, ala Wisconsin. RA over GG. Why? Tons of upside, whereas, it seems GG has peaked.

I know there is some trepidation with AM, but if one of our freshmen is starting at pg over AM on opening day, then we landed a dang nice player.

I think people should give up on the RA, TL, JM combination, especially at the beginning of next year. If you look around at the landscape of college basketball, you do not see many people like TL or RA playing 3, and we haven't shown much of a tendency to do that in the past.

I know there is some trepidation with AM, but if one of our freshmen is starting at pg over AM on opening day, then we landed a dang nice player.

That's the hope here...that one or more of these freshmen can be on the floor from Day 1.

At first blush, I agreed w/NH and had MC at the three, but then after giving it some thought, I thought JC will favor a bigger lineup. Now of course this will come down to how these guys embrace D, or if there are real mismatches created by going big. For example, if a team has a 3 who's so quick a TL can't handle him. The reason I think JC will like the bigger option is rebounding. There were just too many games last season where we gave other teams too many second chances and new shot clocks. But again it will boil down to how they do on the D end.

I think people should give up on the RA, TL, JM combination, especially at the beginning of next year. If you look around at the landscape of college basketball, you do not see many people like TL or RA playing 3, and we haven't shown much of a tendency to do that in the past.

Bingo.

Boy the level of competition is going to highest ever in practice this year IMO. All incoming guys in backcourt think they're good enough to start. I think we'll be going 3 guard often.

Yeah, that's what we're looking forward to.

A higher level of talent wearing the Billiken jersey up and down the roster.

MR highlights from this year. I really think he's gonna be a great player for us. And the play starting at 2:53 is great, but the celebration is straight batshit crazy. I wanna see some of that as a Billiken.

Wow, he and Bartley will be quite a pair on the floor together. We didn't have athletes like that this year or in the past few, in my opinion. I find his 3-pt shot interesting-it's more of a set shot than a jumper, very similar to Scott Highmark.

Wow, he and Bartley will be quite a pair on the floor together. We didn't have athletes like that this year or in the past few, in my opinion. I find his 3-pt shot interesting-it's more of a set shot than a jumper, very similar to Scott Highmark.

Gonna be hard to keep this kid off the floor. Have to be excited about 1-3 options in this class. It's gonna be special.