Selection Sunday Thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people who thought SLU was going to be a 5 seed were those who were running computer models and my brother (I was wrong again). Foo foo computers rule! Obviously tough break with "pleasing to the eye test" Louisville, but got to win Thursday first.

I'm not complaining. IF we win our first two games, you have to feel really great about our chances the rest of the way. None of us thought we'd get a 5 seed. We all thought we'd be facing a #3 or #2 in our second game. Louisville was maybe the worst of our options, but we can do this.

We beat Louisville by playing the kind of defense we played against SJU on the road.

Sh*t.

That is what I have been telling knuckleheads obsessed with seeding (like hsmith). A # 5 may not be as desirable as a # 6 or even # 7, depending on the luck of the draw.

Louisville is ranked # 1 by Vegas by a wide margin.

Teams like Mich State, Ok State, Oregon, Pittsburg, Baylor, NC etc. are hot and seeded inappropriately to their current level of play.

El Oh El. How have I been obsessed with seeding? The one time in recorded history I agreed with you was when I said the difference between a 5 and a 7 isn't the end of the world.

I'm impressed you got your head out of Coach K's @$$ long enough to comment on something else, but you don't know what you're talking about here either.

A10 is tough! 6 teams in the tourney......Cool stuff

SLU, SJU, VCU, UMass, Dayton, and GW.

No crappy play-ins, either. In the real bracket where they belong. And one more team than we got last year total, in spite of all the doom and gloom about the departures.

Who is it who says that all the "foo-foo" unbiased metrics don't matter? They clearly matter for getting in the tournament.

SLU alum who grew up in Louisville and now lives near Raleigh. Having seen State and Cards a bunch, not at all impressed w/ NC State, but I think we have maybe 1% chance of beating UL. (Would need to get Harrell in foul trouble hit about 50% from 3 and hope Smith is more diculous than russ.)