Jayson Tatum at the VCU game!

WeBsTa03

For what it's worth it was good to see Jayson Tatum behind the Billikens bench yesterday. It was a hell of a game for him to be at and experience that crazy atmosphere at the Fetz. Although, he didn't seem that into the game, but it was good to see SLU is not giving up on recruiting him. He has alot of big schools coming after him, but its good to see SLU has a fighting chance if we can continue to succeed over the next two years. GO BILLS! #TeamTogether #VCUWHO #Top10Team

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth it was good to see Jayson Tatum behind the Billikens bench yesterday. It was a hell of a game for him to be at and experience that crazy atmosphere at the Fetz. Although, he didn't seem that into the game, but it was good to see SLU is not giving up on recruiting him. He has alot of big schools coming after him, but its good to see SLU has a fighting chance if we can continue to succeed over the next two years. GO BILLS! #TeamTogether #VCUWHO #Top10Team

Wiggins looked like he was miserable when visiting KU last year...

I saw Justin and Jayson sitting behind the bench. Neither appeared interested in the game, kind of surprising considering Justin played at SLU, but I guess they looked real tough and cool.

Does anyone know what other recruits were at the game? You could not ask for a better atmosphere to showcase to recruits.

A group of about 15 students started two FBJT chants. I don't know if they could be heard but they seemed loud...

I sit 2nd deck opposite the student sectIon. Heard one of the cheers, fbjt acknowledged it.

I think most recruits just watch and don't cheer. No point in cheering and having someone read too much into it. For the tatums this is more business decision then education choice. I think justin and Larry both know the process and are advising jayson how best to handle it, as they should.

I saw Justin and Jayson sitting behind the bench. Neither appeared interested in the game, kind of surprising considering Justin played at SLU, but I guess they looked real tough and cool.

Does anyone know what other recruits were at the game? You could not ask for a better atmosphere to showcase to recruits.

The guy behind me, who apparently had a connection to Marquette High, said Lavender was one of the kids in the same row of seats as Tatum. The Lavender kid seemed much more in to the game than Tatum, for whatever it's worth.

I sit 2nd deck opposite the student sectIon. Heard one of the cheers, fbjt acknowledged it.

I think most recruits just watch and don't cheer. No point in cheering and having someone read too much into it. For the tatums this is more business decision then education choice. I think justin and Larry both know the process and are advising jayson how best to handle it, as they should.

I don't think Justin is doing much of the advising, otherwise there is no chance he would be coaching against his son. Brad Beal would be a much better mentor for Jayson to turn to since he went through the same process recently.

I just found it strange that Justin would be so disinterested in the game when he played for SLU.

I don't think Justin is doing much of the advising, otherwise there is no chance he would be coaching against his son. Brad Beal would be a much better mentor for Jayson to turn to since he went through the same process recently.

I just found it strange that Justin would be so disinterested in the game when he played for SLU.

Remember, that Justin came to play with Hughes, and never did.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Justin also get his fourth year of eligibility back but chose not to use it at SLU? Or am I confusing him with another player. My thought was that Romar and Justin did not exactly get along, but I could very well be mistaken

Remember, that Justin came to play with Hughes, and never did.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Justin also get his fourth year of eligibility back but chose not to use it at SLU? Or am I confusing him with another player. My thought was that Romar and Justin did not exactly get along, but I could very well be mistaken

I know he finished his career at McKendree, which was NAIA at the time.

I know he finished his career at McKendree, which was NAIA at the time.

Ah, you are correct

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-97130344/mckendree-tatum-final-frontier

I cannot get the full article, but from the tease, I may be inaccurate about Tatum not wanting to finish at SLU.

Ah, you are correct

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-97130344/mckendree-tatum-final-frontier

I cannot get the full article, but from the tease, I may be inaccurate about Tatum not wanting to finish at SLU.

Tatum ran out of D-1 eligibility. Remember he had to sit for a year and a half. He only had a year left at NAIA school. Tatum did get Mckendree to the final four that season.

Tatum ran out of D-1 eligibility. Remember he had to sit for a year and a half. He only had a year left at NAIA school. Tatum did get Mckendree to the final four that season.

Right, I thought for some reason that there was potential for him to play more at SLU - but I think I was wrong on that.

God...could you imagine a team with Hughes, Tatum, and Love......sigh

The list of powerhouses is long and he's a 5 star. Would love to see you get him, but he's a one and done and will play somewhere else. He can write his ticket and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go straight to The Show.