Jayson Tatum at the VCU game!

WeBsTa03

The list of powerhouses is long and he's a 5 star. Would love to see you get him, but he's a one and done and will play somewhere else. He can write his ticket and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go straight to The Show.

I would bet you anything in the world that he doesn't go straight to the association. Please pm me if interested.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nice but I won't hold my breath! Potential is one thing, high school games are played in small gyms, college games are determined on the court. It is a good thing Kansas is a lock to win the NCAA title because of Wiggins. Take that for what it is worth... 13 solid recruits is what will make us a contender!

Plus, who he might bring in on his coat tails.

Honestly, I think the idea that a top prospect will bring in all these other top kids is over blown. Everyone knows he will be a one and done so I doubt any other kids in his class will pick SLU just so they can play one year out of four with him.

Also, we only have two scholarships available for his class (of course that can change based on transfers, etc.)

That would be nice but I won't hold my breath! Potential is one thing, high school games are played in small gyms, college games are determined on the court. It is a good thing Kansas is a lock to win the NCAA title because of Wiggins. Take that for what it is worth... 13 solid recruits is what will make us a contender!

I said contender.

As I have said before, we have a good shot at landing him. We have a lot of things in our favor. Once we get in the Big East we will be the favorite to land him.

I said contender.

As I have said before, we have a good shot at landing him. We have a lot of things in our favor. Once we get in the Big East we will be the favorite to land him.

Word is we are the leader with one person that will have a lot of say in the decision.

Maybe it happens, maybe it does not. The word One-n-Done is being tossed about around this kid as a sophomore already which means to me he takes his talents to the bigger stage school if he is able to continue to hold those offers come his senior year. Great if he is comes here and continues to improve through HS graduation.

Word is we are the leader with one person that will have a lot of say in the decision.

What are you hearing and who is the person, I am kind of assuming it would be his mom since she would appear to call the shots. Most of the recruiting pundits have Kentucky and Kansas as the leaders for him.

Maybe it happens, maybe it does not. The word One-n-Done is being tossed about around this kid as a sophomore already which means to me he takes his talents to the bigger stage school if he is able to continue to hold those offers come his senior year. Great if he is comes here and continues to improve through HS graduation.

If he is truly a one and done lottery pick type whether he plays his one season at Kansas, Kentucky, or SLU may not matter a whole lot. It may actually benefit him to play at SLU where he would be the featured player as opposed to Kentucky or Kansas who likely have two other similarly ranked kids just in his class.

Right, I thought for some reason that there was potential for him to play more at SLU - but I think I was wrong on that.

God...could you imagine a team with Hughes, Tatum, and Love......sigh

You are actually more right. Tatum could have played that final season at SLU, but Romar and the coaches decided it was time for him to move along.

I would bet you anything in the world that he doesn't go straight to the association. Please pm me if interested.

You're prolly right, but this kid is going to go early. He's that good. If you wanna build a 4 year team, this isn't the guy you wanna do it with. Kentucky and Kansas can handle these kinda guys and replace them when they go...VCU and SLU aren't at that level yet. I hate to say it, but it's the truth. 4 stars are the guys we want. Even good solid 3 stars. That's the reality until either of us becomes a legit blue-blood.

What are you hearing and who is the person, I am kind of assuming it would be his mom since she would appear to call the shots. Most of the recruiting pundits have Kentucky and Kansas as the leaders for him.

Heard the mom wants him to stay close to home and would prefer that he go to SLU.

Heard the mom wants him to stay close to home and would prefer that he go to SLU.

Thanks for the info, real interesting. It seems like mom is calling the shots over dad (they do not appear to have any relationship at all based on what I have seen from when they were both at his game, don't even acknowledge each others presence despite walking past), so that is huge. Did she go to SLU?

Here is another worthless observation from me, I noticed when Haith and Roy went to the Chaminade/CBC game back in December she did not give much attention to Haith despite him sitting a few people from her, but actually approached Roy to talk to him,

Everyone I've talked to is saying the kid is in love with Kentucky's program. But I've heard similar things about his mom. Could be interesting. I'm glad we are recruiting his teammate, Tyler Cook, and his AAU point guard, Jordan Barnes.

Thanks for the info, real interesting. It seems like mom is calling the shots over dad (they do not appear to have any relationship at all based on what I have seen from when they were both at his game, don't even acknowledge each others presence despite walking past), so that is huge. Did she go to SLU?

Here is another worthless observation from me, I noticed when Haith and Roy went to the Chaminade/CBC game back in December she did not give much attention to Haith despite him sitting a few people from her, but actually approached Roy to talk to him,

I thought I heard that she went to SLU.