Richmond -- from a NC couch

Taj79

Play of the night: Jordair Jett gets two offensive rebounds among 3 Spiders, and lays it up and in. He outmuscled all 3 defenders. Just awesome.

Perfectly personifies the total domination we demonstrated throughout the game. Practically effortlessly, I might add.

I knew it would be a good night when we were all handed spider-swatters upon entering Chaifetz.

I don't know what door you walked in, but I was handed an ice scraper to use to scrape the frozen tears of all our Richmond fans. We played cold-hearted the way we thrashed 'em tonight. Roll tide, Billiken pride.

Visiting daughter in Raleigh. Had to go to "Fox and Hound" in North Hills for game. One word ---- *******. Wiped Richmond clean. Overrated. Who have they played? Great win.

Richmond entered the game with an rpi of 45, one spot ahead of SPUMAC and two ahead of Ind. State. Rather than Richmond being overrated, is it just possible that the #19 ranked team and one of the top defensive teams in the country is capable of putting together dominating performances like that against quality opponents? I know that would require you to be a bit optimistic about our team, but I think you can do it ;) Last night's performance reminded me a bit of our dominant Butler and VCU games at the Fetz last year - take control from the openinging tip and play great on offense and defense.

Richmond entered the game with an rpi of 45, one spot ahead of SPUMAC and two ahead of Ind. State. Rather than Richmond being overrated, is it just possible that the #19 ranked team and one of the top defensive teams in the country is capable of putting together dominating performances like that against quality opponents? I know that would require you to be a bit optimistic about our team, but I think you can do it ;) Last night's performance reminded me a bit of our dominant Butler and VCU games at the Fetz last year - take control from the openinging tip and play great on offense and defense.

+1

bonwich, thanks! The Bonnies caught Umass in the back ally and took it to them. There is A LOT of bad blood between the two teams and the schools, you know, Welders this and that The matchup between STL vs Umass is going to be a fight right down to the end. It should be great to watch Jett vs Caz "the little cry baby" Williams. But, here is were they might ding you, Putney, LaLaine and Echo. I just don't think the Billikens match up very well.

I know very well how your Coaching Staff prepares for the games and I'm sure they will have films on the Bonnies win over Umass. Stopping the back-door pass for the easy bucket underneath and stopping Williams drawing the fouls will be key.

I agree with your post - by the way IN State lost to SIUC last night.

I don't see Richmond as much quality. But I'll embrace the optimism more than you suggest. Last night was truly what a home court advantage can, should and will do. If the Bills maintain this (and why wouldn't they?) then the trip into Philly should mean two more wins, wins in games I had questionable at the first trending. But goofy things happen in road ---- Umass at Richmond, Umass at the Bonnies, Dayton at Rhode Island, etc. --- stand in testament to that. The trend has not changed but if it did, I think it would trend upward given our finding the offensive end easier.

I don't see Richmond as much quality. But I'll embrace the optimism more than you suggest. Last night was truly what a home court advantage can, should and will do. If the Bills maintain this (and why wouldn't they?) then the trip into Philly should mean two more wins, wins in games I had questionable at the first trending. But goofy things happen in road ---- Umass at Richmond, Umass at the Bonnies, Dayton at Rhode Island, etc. --- stand in testament to that. The trend has not changed but if it did, I think it would trend upward given our finding the offensive end easier.

-Bills played great, it wasn't a contest after the first 5 minutes, not sure what offense Rich was trying to execute or if we just took it all away from them, i'll take that we took from them!!!

-I thought the crowd, though a good number, was somewhat lacking in being vocal, perhaps we played so stellar we took our own crowd out of it

-I don't have pics but some new cheer/dance members it seemed

Rich, any insight from where you were? I was less than impressed this year.

I saw two chunky ones that I had not noticed before, pretty sure they were new. There were also 4 cheerleaders in street clothes sitting in front of me. Not sure if they graduated in the fall, suspended for some reason(maybe a female version of the "situation" that would be hot!), or were from last year but they looked good. Yoga pants rule!!!

Rich, any insight from where you were? I was less than impressed this year.

They are mostly anorexic sadly........There is one curvy Greek looking gal with some back fat and front non-breast fat issues........I'm partial to redheads and there is one redhead that is so small and pale that she seems to disappear when she turns sideways........

Feeling like a creepy old guy, I can say that there is no one in the same class as Redbird Fan's daughter on the current team.

My six year old son loves them all because he got a blue mini-basketball from one of them...