Great Game from Rob Loe

JettFlight5

Remember during his freshman year after the Georgia game (I think it was), when the board had a thread going filled with arguments of whether or not he would avg 15ppg over his career as a Billiken? I'd go back and find that thread but I am too lazy.

At one point I was convinced Rob Loe would become Dirk Nowitzki. Not quite but he's put in some good efforts and still might score 1000 points.

I cannot remember another game where he looked this good on both ends of the floor - especially the defensive end. Just an outstanding all around effort. Forcing bad shots. Grabbing loose boards. That blind steal where he just extended his arms and used the force to create the turnover...he was doing all the little things...only ended up with 1 assist, but how many times did he throw a pass that led to FTs?

I've long been a glass half empty skeptic with Loe, but he made a believer out of me with tonight's performance.

RL brings this effort every night, he's first team all A-10 and we go undefeated the rest of the way. He was cash money last night.

I hope we see more of this from RL. If he can pop the 3 at a good %, that will do wonders for the offense. Especially help get the triple teams off DE. Also, he rebounded well and was willing to mix it up in the paint which I liked. One reb shy of a double-double. Also, that one pass to McBroom from corner to corner was outstanding.

I thought Manning looked decent last night. Although the stats don't show much he did a lot little things that show some promise. I hope by February he is at least a solid 10-15 minute man. He going to be a big part for next year in helping to break in those freshmen bigs coming in.

A really nice game for Rob. Probably the most complete of his career.

I like that he is now blocking shots. With the new rules in place its basically impossible to take a charge so he has altered his defense from trying to be like Cody to trying to be more like Remeken. And its working. He has as many blocks this year as he had all of last season (10).

I hope we see more of this from RL. If he can pop the 3 at a good %, that will do wonders for the offense. Especially help get the triple teams off DE. Also, he rebounded well and was willing to mix it up in the paint which I liked. One reb shy of a double-double. Also, that one pass to McBroom from corner to corner was outstanding.

I thought Manning looked decent last night. Although the stats don't show much he did a lot little things that show some promise. I hope by February he is at least a solid 10-15 minute man. He going to be a big part for next year in helping to break in those freshmen bigs coming in.

I forgot about that pass. A toughie to even try let alone see it. JM does appear to be stepping it up as well.

Am seconding all the above. Best, most complete game I've seen from Rob. And Manning seems to be adding at least a "presence." I was very pleased last night but to me, the key will always be the threes. Rob is that much better when making threes. And there was a McCall sighting as well with two threes. McBroom added three threes. Jake and Jett, one each. But the real key in all that was ISU had to give props defensively to those guys, allowing Evans to not be double-teamed in the second half and employ beast mode. Plus without Glaze in there, the stationary secondary defender was out of the equation as well.

ISU spent the first half doubling down with the defender who's man made the entry pass to Dwayne. When the gaurds became viable options and three point shooters, that strategy was abandoned. With Gant having to be outside on Rob, and Glaze on the bench, Evans had the room he was accustomed to seeing late last year.

That was a totally enjoyable game but of note, not even one cameo freshman appearance. The top eight seem set --- and I'd say #6 is McBroom with Manning moving to #7. Glaze seems down to #8 now.

A really nice game for Rob. Probably the most complete of his career.

I like that he is now blocking shots. With the new rules in place its basically impossible to take a charge so he has altered his defense from trying to be like Cody to trying to be more like Remeken. And its working. He has as many blocks this year as he had all of last season (10).

I've noticed this as well. Seems like most of the blocks have come in the last few games as well. Being 6-11 and decently athletic, Rob's help defense should generally include blocking shots rather than drawing charges.

Am seconding all the above. Best, most complete game I've seen from Rob. And Manning seems to be adding at least a "presence." I was very pleased last night but to me, the key will always be the threes. Rob is that much better when making threes. And there was a McCall sighting as well with two threes. McBroom added three threes. Jake and Jett, one each. But the real key in all that was ISU had to give props defensively to those guys, allowing Evans to not be double-teamed in the second half and employ beast mode. Plus without Glaze in there, the stationary secondary defender was out of the equation as well.

ISU spent the first half doubling down with the defender who's man made the entry pass to Dwayne. When the gaurds became viable options and three point shooters, that strategy was abandoned. With Gant having to be outside on Rob, and Glaze on the bench, Evans had the room he was accustomed to seeing late last year.

That was a totally enjoyable game but of note, not even one cameo freshman appearance. The top eight seem set --- and I'd say #6 is McBroom with Manning moving to #7. Glaze seems down to #8 now.

From what I saw at the game DE was doubled and tripled teamed all night - he went to the line to hit 16-20 FTs.

I've noticed this as well. Seems like most of the blocks have come in the last few games as well. Being 6-11 and decently athletic, Rob's help defense should generally include blocking shots rather than drawing charges.

Rob has 6 of his 10 blocks this year in the last 2 games. Rob had 10 blocks all season last year. 17 the year before and 20 his freshman year.

The really encouraging thing is Rob's best games this year have been against our strongest opponents. Against Wisconsin, Wichita St, Indiana St,, and ORU Rob has averaged almost 13 points, almost 7 rebounds, 1 block, shooting 55.5% from the field, and 37.5% from 3.

The really encouraging thing is Rob's best games this year have been against our strongest opponents. Against Wisconsin, Wichita St, Indiana St,, and ORU Rob has averaged almost 13 points, almost 7 rebounds, 1 block, shooting 55.5% from the field, and 37.5% from 3.

That's elevation, holmes...

I would very much like to see Robert average about 12 and 6 from here on out. His body language says it all. When he is having a great game, he looks confident and has some swagger (OBVIOUSLY). When he's $hitting his pants, he looks like a little a timid little kid. He needs to have a little buddy whose sole purpose is to pump him up every single game and not let him get down under any circumstances

I want to see him drop 30 on UMass and then mic-drop Chaz, that little turd

I would very much like to see Robert average about 12 and 6 from here on out. His body language says it all. When he is having a great game, he looks confident and has some swagger (OBVIOUSLY). When he's $hitting his pants, he looks like a little a timid little kid. He needs to have a little buddy whose sole purpose is to pump him up every single game and not let him get down under any circumstances

Really? In my mind Rob almost always seems confident. That's one of my favorite things about his play.

Loe took away two rebounds from Dwayne Evans and after the first one Dwayne gave him a "mine" look which did not back Loe off the next time.

He has been our most consistent player most of this young seaon.

Glaze had better rebound and find a small jumper as his range is 3 feet at this point.

Manning and Barnett still grab guys on defense after they have been beat-getting fouls; glad to see Mc Broom have his best game with very little selfishness and better defense. He used to be a grabber but is starting to move his feet and he has decent speed-just old habits.

Rob Loe gets one or two steals or pass deflections every game-very nice eye hand coordination- I hope Manning notices as Manning is a very good shot blocker but you can't live on that alone on defence.

@cheeseman --- agree for the most part but when the outside shots starting falling, Dwayne was not double/triple teams as much or as quickly. This allowed him to establish position and if he got that, ISU had to foul him either on the entry pass or after he received the ball. This is Dwayne operating to me --- outquicking bigger opponets or outsizing smaller guys. He may ormaynot score but he will get to the line. Not 20 times every night but who knows .. maybe in today's foul-prone atmosphere.

Loe took away two rebounds from Dwayne Evans and after the first one Dwayne gave him a "mine" look which did not back Loe off the next time.

He has been our most consistent player most of this young seaon.

Glaze had better rebound and find a small jumper as his range is 3 feet at this point.

Manning and Barnett still grab guys on defense after they have been beat-getting fouls; glad to see Mc Broom have his best game with very little selfishness and better defense. He used to be a grabber but is starting to move his feet and he has decent speed-just old habits.

Rob Loe gets one or two steals or pass deflections every game-very nice eye hand coordination- I hope Manning notices as Manning is a very good shot blocker but you can't live on that alone on defence.

Who is he? Rob or Dwayne?

Dwayne has scored in double figures in 11 of 12 games and had 4+ rebounds in 11 of 12 games. He's shot 40% or better from the field in 9 of 12 games. He's also played 30+ minutes in 7 of 12 games. 4 of those he's played 35+ minutes.

Rob has scored in double figures in 7 of 12 games, has had 4+ rebounds in 10 of 12 games and has shot 40% or better from the field in 8 of 12 games. He's played 30+ minutes 3 times in 12 games, with his high being SIU, 35 minutes.

Who is he? Rob or Dwayne?

Dwayne has scored in double figures in 11 of 12 games and had 4+ rebounds in 11 of 12 games. He's shot 40% or better from the field in 9 of 12 games. He's also played 30+ minutes in 7 of 12 games. 4 of those he's played 35+ minutes.

Rob has scored in double figures in 7 of 12 games, has had 4+ rebounds in 10 of 12 games and has shot 40% or better from the field in 8 of 12 games. He's played 30+ minutes 3 times in 12 games, with his high being SIU, 35 minutes.

You make good points. However, the answer to your question appears to be "Loe." After all, he's the player mentioned in the thread's title. I would have to agree that, relative to expectations, Loe has been the most consistent performer this year. Evans has been consistent, but he hasn't fulfilled expectations; we want more out of him.

You make good points. However, the answer to your question appears to be "Loe." After all, he's the player mentioned in the thread's title. I would have to agree that, relative to expectations, Loe has been the most consistent performer this year. Evans has been consistent, but he hasn't fulfilled expectations; we want more out of him.

Rob is meeting expectation levels on average, but I just can't see the argument for consistency. In 7 of the 12 games he's shot worse than 30% from behind the arc, and he's supposed to be one of our 3-point threats.

Take a look at this from beyond the scoring vantage point: (Rebounds + Assists) compared to (Fouls + Turnovers). Obviously you want to consistently have more of the first set than the second set. In 8 of 12 games, Rob has less than a 2:1 ratio of rebounds and assists compared to fouls and turnovers. He's had 3 games with more fouls and turnovers than rebounds and assists.

Evans has had just 5 of 12 games with less than a 2:1 ratio, and just 1 game with more fouls and turnovers than rebounds and assists (Wofford).

Dwayne had 1 really bad game against Wofford and has otherwise been what I would certainly consider consistent. His numbers are down from his 18-game run of dominance (between Duquesne and Oregon) where he averaged 18 points, 9 rebounds and less than 1 assist. It's been (and should have been) obvious that teams are going to key in on him this year. But aside from the Wofford game, he's averaging 16, 6 and 2. So he's lost a bucket, added one via assist, and is struggling to pull down the boards.

Rob on the other hand has had a few clunkers (SIUE, SIU, Bowling Green, Valpo), but on the whole his body of work is outperforming his past seasons. But just because his overall game has been better doesn't mean he's been consistent. To me, Rob has always been a guy who is either on or not on a game-by-game basis. He doesn't lack confidence (clearly, seeing as he's on pace to shoot almost FORTY additional threes this year despite having the worst 3FG% of his career at the moment), but when he's on, he's on and when he's off, he's off.

Rob is meeting expectation levels on average, but I just can't see the argument for consistency. In 7 of the 12 games he's shot worse than 30% from behind the arc, and he's supposed to be one of our 3-point threats.

Take a look at this from beyond the scoring vantage point: (Rebounds + Assists) compared to (Fouls + Turnovers). Obviously you want to consistently have more of the first set than the second set. In 8 of 12 games, Rob has less than a 2:1 ratio of rebounds and assists compared to fouls and turnovers. He's had 3 games with more fouls and turnovers than rebounds and assists.

Evans has had just 5 of 12 games with less than a 2:1 ratio, and just 1 game with more fouls and turnovers than rebounds and assists (Wofford).

Dwayne had 1 really bad game against Wofford and has otherwise been what I would certainly consider consistent. His numbers are down from his 18-game run of dominance (between Duquesne and Oregon) where he averaged 18 points, 9 rebounds and less than 1 assist. It's been (and should have been) obvious that teams are going to key in on him this year. But aside from the Wofford game, he's averaging 16, 6 and 2. So he's lost a bucket, added one via assist, and is struggling to pull down the boards.

Rob on the other hand has had a few clunkers (SIUE, SIU, Bowling Green, Valpo), but on the whole his body of work is outperforming his past seasons. But just because his overall game has been better doesn't mean he's been consistent. To me, Rob has always been a guy who is either on or not on a game-by-game basis. He doesn't lack confidence (clearly, seeing as he's on pace to shoot almost FORTY additional threes this year despite having the worst 3FG% of his career at the moment), but when he's on, he's on and when he's off, he's off.

Good points, and good discussion. Still, relative to expecations, I'm very happy with how Loe has been playing this season, and I hope he continues to be at least as productive. On the other hand, I'm satisfied with how Evans has played thus far, but I hope he will turn it on and be even better. He's certainly not A-10-player-of-the-year material yet.