GDT: SLU v. Suckamores

moytoy12

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McBroom I thought played very well tonight, made good decisions, 6 assists and one turnover. Hit all hist FT's!!! He is improving, and let's hope the learning curve continues to rise. Loe's pass to him in the corner for a three was sweet.

Thought he played pretty good defense against Odum, and he and Manning combined to force a turnover. Solid win, now lets take care of business saturday and 12/30 to finish out the year!

Mcbroom seems to be the man I want at the line for end of game free throws

We Beat Indiana St. Lets settle down.

No. The positive comments are not over-the-top. Also, this was a good team although you obviously don't think so because they are not a "name" team. More importantly, our guys played well. Tonight was a situation where we played well as opposed to Indiana State played poor. No matter who the team had been all year long, we had been missing our wide-open shots. Tonight we hit them. All year long we have not had balanced scoring, tonight we did. All year long, we have not had our 4 and 5 lead the offense, tonight they did. In short, our guys sure look like they have improved, that they have learned from their mistakes and that they are developing.

These guys are effing hilarious to listen to. I love it! He's gonna start a full-on fight with a ref one of these days...

You must have missed this from last year:

http://thebiglead.com/2013/02/21/st-louis-university-radio-announcer-confronted-by-referee-live-after-criticizing-a-call/

Was this Chaifetz's first game in person? And this was our best game of the year? Interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. We seem to play better with the Doctor in the house.

Mike McCall Jr., G 25 2-7 2-6 0-0 1 2 3 2 0 0 0 2 6

Austin McBroom, G 24 3-4 3-4 6-6 0 4 4 6 0 0 1 3 15

I thought it was interesting they both played around the same minutes but just check out the differences in what they brought to the floor.

McCall had an okay game. Main difference in their stat lines is that McBroom hit 1 extra 3 and Indiana State decided to foul him a few times toward the end of the game. Not to take anything away from McBroom. He played great offensively, but his D still needs work. McCall is so good at denying his man the ball when he plays defense. It is really fun to watch McCall get a player frustrated because he won't even get to touch the ball. Then they switch Jordair onto that player and watch the TOs rack up because the guy tries way too hard to do something. It happened to Odom a few times.

Classy way to end the game: Just let the shot clock expire without even throwing up a shot and further running up the score.

Classless way to end the game: When your arena announcer doesn't know the difference between the game clock and the shot clock.

Upgraded facilities. Upgraded program. Upgraded team. One major upgrade still needs to be made.

Loe, one of his best games. Was worried about this game. Indiana State looks like a pretty formidable team. Hopefully down the road, they will win a lot and make us look good.

And some of the most craptastic officiating I've ever seen, even by our low standards.

Classy way to end the game: Just let the shot clock expire without even throwing up a shot and further running up the score.

Classless way to end the game: When your arena announcer doesn't know the difference between the game clock and the shot clock.

Upgraded facilities. Upgraded program. Upgraded team. One major upgrade still needs to be made.

Cripes, he's the gift that keeps on giving. Something EVERY damned game.

Should we be concerned we shot 25 3's?? I guess if we make them it's ok...

With McCall, McBroom, Loe, and even (gasp) Barnett when he spots up, we should be shooting between 35-40% from deep in every game. This was the 3rd time this season that we've been in that range. We were in that 35-40+% range 21 times last season (out of 35 games).

Mike McCall Jr., G 25 2-7 2-6 0-0 1 2 3 2 0 0 0 2 6

Austin McBroom, G 24 3-4 3-4 6-6 0 4 4 6 0 0 1 3 15

I thought it was interesting they both played around the same minutes but just check out the differences in what they brought to the floor.

It took Kwamain time to catch back up to speed in 2011-2012 after sitting out a year. That was after having run the system for the two years prior to his absence. With that in mind I have been trying to keep the "glass half-full" concerning McBroom's play this season. He is no replacement to Kwamain but tonight he showed up and he topped off my glass. Does anyone else share my optimism or is everyone terrified of seeing him run into VCU?

(Since I don't comment much I am just going to throw in this aside right now... It would have been very painful this season to watch the new rule changes go into effect if Ellis was still on the floor. We certainly miss him but I can't fathom how many more "@#$%^& referee" posts would be on these GDTs if he were still with us and tried to take as many charges with the new rules.)

Thoughts on McCall's play of late? I personally feel like the team's lack of shooting and Jordair's turnover issues have forced a lot of added pressure on Mike. I've been disappointed by his lack of scoring and lowish assist numbers but I also think his defense and ball control have been fantastic and almost holding this team together through it's tough points. The ceiling of this time resides on 1) McCall finding that extra gear and 2) The Contributions of McBroom and Manning, both the bench players I feel could be huge factors against teams like UMass and VCU.

Hopefully, we will get that upgrade by Saturday!(For one game, at least)

The answer to the question - why doe MU - IL game need Guy to announce - they want a celebrity to make the game be more meaningful and besides, they love having somebody to laugh at once a year.

Last night - only one real offensive lapse but that was short lived. Overall I agree that this was the best game we had played all year. If we played like this against WSU we win that game easily and it is a toss up against WI. DE - got his emotions under control and he came up big at the line. I also liked that he made a couple of short jumpers to try to loosen things up but ISU did not bite. ISU decided to sag on him and to hack the hell out of him when he touched the ball inside. It backfired with him scoring 16 from the line. Overall our FT shooting was good and was a big key to the victory. Our 3 pt shooting was where it has to be on a consistent basis. We shot 25 3s because ISU would not let anything happen inside without fouling so we had little choice but to try to loosen things up in the paint but like I said before, ISU did not bite so it was good that we hit those shots better than normally. McBroom played well overall, JJ was good, RL was a stud, JM - keep it up and you will see more time on the floor, MM - good defense and hit a couple of nice shots but he seems a bit timid still offensively. GG - not sure what the deal with him is, up and down, JB - not sure what to say about him, he is a defensive liability but as I have said before apparently JC does not think he has anybody better at least for now. I was impressed with our rebounding - we were blocking out reasonably well and our defensive especially against the 3 was pretty good. This is the team I was expecting to see this year. Hope this is the beginning of a trend.

One question I have - I thought ISU was moving to the Horizon - did I just make that up?