Bills by 3 over Wich St

The Wiz

Not sure what the coaches will do, but I'd rather start McCall on Baker, who uses his size as a shooter. McCall has proven very strong against player who thrive on catch-and-shoot plays, as MM is especially adept at chasing opposing guards around screens and denying them the ball.

JJ is stronger at on-ball defending, especially when it comes to physical guards. I think he would match up very well with VanVleet.

Good point. It will be interesting to see how we match up with them . Cleanthony Early is a tough match-up as well

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hate that stuff. The only reason it's good is because there will be some people on campus who really want that shirt and the only way they can get one is to go to the games. I'm sure they'll have leftovers after tomorrow.

Exactly. If other people like the shirts and they are a selling point, great. Just not my thing.

Our guards are superior to theirs. Cle is the guy who worries me. I'm not sure if DE or GG is better to match up against him.

He is a very good basketball player but a miserable human being. His own coach can't even stand the guy.

Our guards are superior to theirs. Cle is the guy who worries me. I'm not sure if DE or GG is better to match up against him.

He is a very good basketball player but a miserable human being. His own coach can't even stand the guy.

WSU fan here and I'm looking forward to a good game today! I know that playing at St. Louis will be one of our toughest tests all season and I hope we are up to it.

I did want to respond to this quote as Cleanthony Early is a great guy and there is no animosity between he and Coach Marshall (or anyone else on staff). This is the first disparaging remark I've ever heard in regards to Cleanthony as a person. Second, I have no idea who has the superior guards in this contest, but we tend to believe that our guards are some of the top guards in the country. They did quite well against Ohio State and Gonzaga last year in the tourney as freshman, though our PG (VanVleet) did struggle against Louisville. For those that haven't seen them play, here's a little scouting report:

VanVleet is our 5-11, 200 lb sophomore PG. He averages 13 and 5.4 assists along with 1.4 turn overs per game. He shoots 50% from 2 and 3. He isn't overly athletic, but he knows how to run a basketball team and get to the rim.

Baker is 6-3, 210 lb RS sophomore wing and backs up the PG. He is a great long range shooter with a quick release so he doesn't need much space. He also has good handles and is able to get to the rim or hit the midrange jumper. He's an excellent passer averaging 3.9 assists to 1 turn over and can rebound some. He hustles and has a high basketball IQ. His defense is average and he averages 15 ppg.

The third wing is 6-2, 215 lb junior Tekele Cotton. He can run some point and can shoot a little (10 ppg) but what he does best is play defense. In our BYU game he guarded 20 point scorer Haws in the first half and held him to 4 points (all free throws). Their secondary wing went off for 17 in the first half so he switched assignments to their other 20 point scorer. He was held scoreless in the second. Cotton also got the assignment on 6-8 Doug McDermott one game last year and held him to 12 points.

Off the bench is Andrew Wiggins' older brother Nick. Nick is a 6-6, 200 lb senior. He scores from outside and in. Phenomenal up and down athlete, but doesn't have the same basketball IQ or toughness of the three that start in the backcourt.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing how we match up.

WSU fan here and I'm looking forward to a good game today! I know that playing at St. Louis will be one of our toughest tests all season and I hope we are up to it.

I did want to respond to this quote as Cleanthony Early is a great guy and there is no animosity between he and Coach Marshall (or anyone else on staff). This is the first disparaging remark I've ever heard in regards to Cleanthony as a person. Second, I have no idea who has the superior guards in this contest, but we tend to believe that our guards are some of the top guards in the country. They did quite well against Ohio State and Gonzaga last year in the tourney as freshman, though our PG (VanVleet) did struggle against Louisville. For those that haven't seen them play, here's a little scouting report:

VanVleet is our 5-11, 200 lb sophomore PG. He averages 13 and 5.4 assists along with 1.4 turn overs per game. He shoots 50% from 2 and 3. He isn't overly athletic, but he knows how to run a basketball team and get to the rim.

Baker is 6-3, 210 lb RS sophomore wing and backs up the PG. He is a great long range shooter with a quick release so he doesn't need much space. He also has good handles and is able to get to the rim or hit the midrange jumper. He's an excellent passer averaging 3.9 assists to 1 turn over and can rebound some. He hustles and has a high basketball IQ. His defense is average and he averages 15 ppg.

The third wing is 6-2, 215 lb junior Tekele Cotton. He can run some point and can shoot a little (10 ppg) but what he does best is play defense. In our BYU game he guarded 20 point scorer Haws in the first half and held him to 4 points (all free throws). Their secondary wing went off for 17 in the first half so he switched assignments to their other 20 point scorer. He was held scoreless in the second. Cotton also got the assignment on 6-8 Doug McDermott one game last year and held him to 12 points.

Off the bench is Andrew Wiggins' older brother Nick. Nick is a 6-6, 200 lb senior. He scores from outside and in. Phenomenal up and down athlete, but doesn't have the same basketball IQ or toughness of the three that start in the backcourt.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing how we match up.

Gee should we show up for the game?

Gee should we show up for the game?

My understanding is that you have a very good team and I believe you are favored in this game. The Billiken players make a big difference in who determines the game, but since my knowledge on St. Louis is limited and yours is not, I chose not to post a scouting report on your players. Instead, I merely sought to correct one's misinformation about Cleanthony Early and offer a scouting report on the WSU guards for those that are interested.

Still think your backcourt is better?? Ron Baker schooled your ass. Can't wait until we get some real competition in the MVC. Go Shox!!!

What is this???.... "Schooled your ass" The tipping point was when we missed a foul shot with 30 seconds left in the game. Hardly a schooling. I thought maybe this was a joke post and then I read this and knew for sure ...."can't wait till we get some real competition in the MVC" ....and who would be this real competition?? ...maybe Creighton...oops they're gone...he must be talking about the replacement ...Chic Loyola....It will be tough for him to talk smack to a D- team. Fans with a D- team don't read or care about their team boards. The worst trolls are the ones who show up after the game ....only if there team wins. The coward troll.

My take on today's game.....

In my original post, I said we needed to hold WSU to 25% from the 3...They shot 42% (5-12)...knock off 2 shots (3-12...25%) and we win the game. Even with that, if we make that foul shot with 30 seconds left we still have a great chance to win.

2 losses in the first 8 games to A+ teams....and we could have won them both ... much better than a Santa Clara loss © last year...and that season turned out pretty well. I think if we play these 2 teams in Feb we win them both. Much too early too panic or throw the towel in.

We are still a good team.

What is this???.... "Schooled your ass" The tipping point was when we missed a foul shot with 30 seconds left in the game. Hardly a schooling. I thought maybe this was a joke post and then I read this and knew for sure ...."can't wait till we get some real competition in the MVC" ....and who would be this real competition?? ...maybe Creighton...oops they're gone...he must be talking about the replacement ...Chic Loyola....It will be tough for him to talk smack to a D- team. Fans with a D- team don't read or care about their team boards. The worst trolls are the ones who show up after the game ....only if there team wins. The coward troll.

In my original post, I said we needed to hold WSU to 25% from the 3...They shot 42% (5-12)...knock off 2 shots (3-12...25%) and we win the game. Even with that, if we make that foul shot with 30 seconds left we still have a great chance to win.

2 losses in the first 8 games to A+ teams....and we could have won them both ... much better than a Santa Clara loss © last year...and that season turned out pretty well. I think if we play these 2 teams in Feb we win them both. Much too early too panic or throw the towel in.

I'd say a B+ or so. Hard to give a team an A with 2 early losses, albeit to solid competition.

Everyone beats the wiz!

Still think your backcourt is better?? Ron Baker schooled your ass. Can't wait until we get some real competition in the MVC. Go Shox!!!

I laughed. He ain't wrong about Ronny Bakes neither. That VanVleet kid was, on the other hand, (look away if you have an aversion to name-calling) a douchebag.

I'd say a B+ or so. Hard to give a team an A with 2 early losses, albeit to solid competition.

You are being kind of hard on the Bills. After the WSU loss, I still have the Bills as an A team. ...A- and above teams are Dancing in March