Bills by 3 over Wich St

The Wiz

Bills (A) vs WSU (A+)

Our 2nd elite team in less than a week. A win might be enough to get us ranked. It definitely would push us back up to elite. (A+)

This is where the Wisc game should help...we have already faced an elite team so this will not be a new experience. Being in familar surroundings will help too. This game will be every bit as difficult as the Wisc. game. WSU is not a particularly good shooting 3pt team. If we take care of business we should be able to hold Wich to 13 shots or less making around 3. (22-25%)

The Shockers will try to shock us with a rough and tumble style. Intimidation might be a good word. It would be nice to have some good refs for this game but you have to figure probably not. So it is important for us to stand our ground...be disciplined...without be goaded. I noticed the other night BYU lost their cool against WSU and not only took some stupid fouls but wound up with some technicals. This would not be a good thing for us if it is a close game. Crews seems to be pretty level headed. I trust he will keep the team under control.

Finally, I would like to see us shoot at least 75% at the FT line. Could be an important factor in a close game. Of course, we need to shoot above 36% from the field or it won't matter what we do.

Hopefully we have a capacity crowd to cheer the Bills to victory.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI. I think this was posted in another thread, but the game will be on 1120 KMOX rather than 101 ESPN because of the conflict with the Rams game.

The Rams game doesn't actually start until 3pm, so I'm not sure how a basketball game with a noon tip causes a conflict. I guess I would rather the game be on KMOX and not be pre-empted if it were to go into multiple OTs. I'm assuming it has more to do with not messing up the pre-game Rams coverage though.

FYI. I think this was posted in another thread, but the game will be on 1120 KMOX rather than 101 ESPN because of the conflict with the Rams game.

The Rams game doesn't actually start until 3pm, so I'm not sure how a basketball game with a noon tip causes a conflict. I guess I would rather the game be on KMOX and not be pre-empted if it were to go into multiple OTs. I'm assuming it has more to do with not messing up the pre-game Rams coverage though.

They start Rams coverage like 3 hours prior to the game so that is probably the conflict. 1120 is a good alternative for us.

I generally find all of the "Keep Calm and _________________" stuff you see these days to be really dumb, but if you're going to make one of those shirts, you could definitely do worse than making one with a Billiken logo on it.

Yeah I hate that stuff. The only reason it's good is because there will be some people on campus who really want that shirt and the only way they can get one is to go to the games. I'm sure they'll have leftovers after tomorrow.

Yesterday evening school was pitching for attendees at 6:30pm. Unfortunately this indicates that game will not be sold out

The Ticketmaster site shows less than 500 tickets available for the game. If there is a good walk-up crowd it could end up pretty close to a sell out, but I think it will probably be just below sell out level.

Yeah I hate that stuff. The only reason it's good is because there will be some people on campus who really want that shirt and the only way they can get one is to go to the games. I'm sure they'll have leftovers after tomorrow.

I witnessed students at multiple (T-Shirt giveaway) games last year enter with their student IDs and tickets, grab a shirt, and leave out the adjacent doors.

We're gonna need big games from our guards. Wichita's backcourt is legit with VanVleet and Baker. This could be the toughest backcourt we face all season. VanVleet is averaging 13 ppg and 5 apg. Baker is averaging 15 ppg and shooting 40% from 3. He's 6'3, so we need a good defensive effort out of JJ.

This is a good chance for them to redeem themselves after a so-so tournament.

We're gonna need big games from our guards. Wichita's backcourt is legit with VanVleet and Baker. This could be the toughest backcourt we face all season. VanVleet is averaging 13 ppg and 5 apg. Baker is averaging 15 ppg and shooting 40% from 3. He's 6'3, so we need a good defensive effort out of JJ.

This is a good chance for them to redeem themselves after a so-so tournament.

Not sure what the coaches will do, but I'd rather start McCall on Baker, who uses his size as a shooter. McCall has proven very strong against player who thrive on catch-and-shoot plays, as MM is especially adept at chasing opposing guards around screens and denying them the ball.

JJ is stronger at on-ball defending, especially when it comes to physical guards. I think he would match up very well with VanVleet.