Agbeko

moytoy12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not expecting him to play tomorrow based on the info I got but anything is possible. I know he wants to play but staff will be cautious so I would guess most likely Friday instead. We need his rebounding for sure!

Streets are saying shoulder is near 100% and not a problem. And that RA is comfortable at SLU, doing great and loving the SLU life. And that RA is going to be a regular contributor offering instant noise off the bench. Streets = very, very high on RA, a blue-chipper that fell our way. 15-20 more pounds of muscle and look out!

indeed stand aside, and let the big dog eat!

ps: I heard an interview with Dan Issel the other day (look him up, young folk, he's a hall of famer...): he said he never lifted a weight, and the only training fluids he used were labeled Budweiser. Dan could bang with the best of 'em, though.

Funny stuff, but I do wonder sometimes if we put too much emphasis on it, maybe because of the physicality of the sport today. Is that good or bad?? the modern mania for lifting weights has changed the game some, possibly for bad.

Funny stuff, but I do wonder sometimes if we put too much emphasis on it, maybe because of the physicality of the sport today. Is that good or bad?? the modern mania for lifting weights has changed the game some, possibly for bad.

I think we may spend too much time looking for muscle definition. In the 40's 50's and even 60's and 70's a lot of these kids were strong as hell from doing manual labor on farms and family businesses and the like. The weight room is the modern equivalent. Strongest kid I knew in college was a southeast Missouri farm boy who sans one thumb and with little muscle definition could bench as much as some of the football team......

Streets are saying shoulder is near 100% and not a problem. And that RA is comfortable at SLU, doing great and loving the SLU life. And that RA is going to be a regular contributor offering instant noise off the bench. Streets = very, very high on RA, a blue-chipper that fell our way. 15-20 more pounds of muscle and look out!

indeed stand aside, and let the big dog eat!

ps: I heard an interview with Dan Issel the other day (look him up, young folk, he's a hall of famer...): he said he never lifted a weight, and the only training fluids he used were labeled Budweiser. Dan could bang with the best of 'em, though.

Remember when the steroid craze was in full swing and the pundits were in full denial, all we heard about was how everyone was pumping up in the weight room. No pain no gain and all that. Trust me if all it took was constant working out and pumping iron to get a head the size of Barry Bond's head, then the likes of Pete Rose would of looked like the hulk.

Alright, I'm confused about RA:

1.) how can he redshirt if he's hit the floor already? Medical?

2.) are we considering him for a medical RS? If so, why?

3.) is he playing against The Healers?

4.) could he really be a one and doner? He can't crack our starting lineup, but will a draft pick?

4.) could he really be a one and doner? He can't crack our starting lineup, but will a draft pick?

I believe you've been victimized by sarcasm.......

I think we all sometimes have difficulty identifying posts that are sarcastic and have no connection with reality. He cannot and will not redshirt. He will play tomorrow if called upon. He is not a one and done but he is a player with excellent potential to be an very good player.

I think we all sometimes have difficulty identifying posts that are sarcastic and have no connection with reality. He cannot and will not redshirt. He will play tomorrow if called upon. He is not a one and done but he is a player with excellent potential to be an very good player.

+1

Reggie is gonna be a good player. Outside of the fact that he oozes potential, he had some nice moments during the SIU game and for the most part looked like he knew what he was doing during his first official game. Can't say that about most freshman bigs.

We might not be as bad as I originally suspected we'd be next year. Team will revolve around RA & GG in the front court. Strong.

I think McBroom and Yacoubou will make a decent back court as well. There will certainly be a drop off and I expect a few clunker perforamces with a such a young team, but I am much more optimistic than I was 6 or 7 months ago.

I think McBroom and Yacoubou will make a decent back court as well. There will certainly be a drop off and I expect a few clunker perforamces with a such a young team, but I am much more optimistic than I was 6 or 7 months ago.

If you add the three big young guards to the mix and hopefully a stronger and better John Manning we will have growing pains but we might surprise some folks. Don't sleep on Tanner either, he has some real potential as well.

In my defense, I did enjoy happy hour and beyond last night. But I see it now... I think.

Actually, I think you were more victimized by DocB posting on a somewhat old thread. boytoy started the thread on the 11th when Agbeko's status for the SIUE and SIU games was still unclear. So I can see how you were confused about the discussion of redshirts or medical redshirts when you'd already seen Agbeko play against Carbondale. While there was obviously sarcasm in those posts, they were also done over a week ago.

This is big, IMO. People who have followed this team (MBMs) have been very nervous about the team next year. After seeing GG's improvement and the recruiting the staff has done in the last year, I think the optimism is very high relative to a few months ago.