2013-14 SLU BBall Road Trip Guide

RUBillsFan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI on the SIUE game:

I had been extremely tardy in actually purchasing the tickets and just bought them today because I was waiting on others in my group to commit. The GA tickets that I got today were numbered about 1050 and if the SIUE ticket site is accurate then there are are total of 2,074 GA tickets. Assuming that they sell these things in sequential order, that means there are still over 1,000 GA tickets available for the SLU-SIUE game on Wednesday. Perhaps this should not be that surprising because the game is a Wednesday and it is SIU-E, but I sort of expected a sell out.

The Vadalabene Center appears to hold about 4,100 and the highest attended games last year were 3,507 against SIU-C (Tuesday) and 2,436 against Austin Peay (Saturday). Based on the above the game on Wednesday figures to be closer to the SIU-C attendance. This is probably reasonable because SIU-E fans likely view SIU-C as a bigger "rival" than SLU.

Also, ZOOPERSTARS!!!

Come see the @Zooperstars perform on Nov. 13, during the SIUE v. SLU MBB game! This Wednesday, 7 pm at the VC #SIUENation #FamilyFun

...and a deal at Mike Shannon's

#SIUENation, have your ticket for SIUE v. SLU on 11/13-7pm? Show it before the game at @ShannonsGrill to get 1/2 price Apps before the game!

I live in Edwardsville. no mention of the game in local paper yet. maybe it will be in tomorrows paper generating a little more buzz... although we've been boasting our recent Illinois class 3a state soccer championship and soon to be class 7a football championship

Anyone going to a road game this year should definitely sign up for the SLU pregame events. Meg and Annelise do a phenomenal job putting on these events and it's always fun to meet new SLU fans before the games. The page with the links to sign up for all the events is below. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you at road games this year!

http://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/mobile/mobile.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=3210

It is a long time from now but I will be at UMass game for sure (it's going to be an all day party with it being International Women's Day as well). I think Rhodey will be likely (a few years ago an ice storm prevented a night trip to Kingston) and am hoping to make St.Joe's or LaSalle work. I will be in Brooklyn this year.

To everyone going to the game at SIUE, wear your white:

Wear your WHITE to tomorrow's @SaintLouisMBB vs. @SIUECougars game to #LightUpTheCougars #RiseOfTheBIllikens

BY4RbKeCAAAMOx1.jpg

*I think it would make more sense to encourage everyone to wear BLUE because SIUE will be the home team presumably wearing white uniforms. Their color is red, so blue would pop against that. However, if white is what is officially being pushed, then I am wearing white. I believe SIUE is trying to make this a "blackout" game, so white makes slightly more sense in that context.

Wear your WHITE to tomorrow's @SaintLouisMBB vs. @SIUECougars game to #LightUpTheCougars #RiseOfTheBIllikens

BY4RbKeCAAAMOx1.jpg

*I think it would make more sense to encourage everyone to wear BLUE because SIUE will be the home team presumably wearing white uniforms. Their color is red, so blue would pop against that. However, if white is what is officially being pushed, then I am wearing white. I believe SIUE is trying to make this a "blackout" game, so white makes slightly more sense in that context.

F*cking UNNNNN

ADVISORY: Doors Open Early for SIUE-SLU Game

EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. – With Wednesday's men's basketball game between SIUE and Saint Louis already close to being sold out, SIUE Athletics announced that the Vadalabene Center will open 90 minutes before game time.

Gates will be open at 5:30 p.m. at both the west entrance and the east entrance of the facility.

To facilitate parking, fans are encouraged to utilize the free parking available in Lot F, which is adjacent to the west entrance of the Vadalabene Center, and in Lot 12, which is across the street from the Vadalabene Center.

To avoid any ticket lines, buy tickets online at www.siuecougars.com or call the SIUE Athletics Ticket Office at 855-SIUE-TIX.

Tip-off time is 7 p.m.

HERE is a link to the parking map.

For a lot of the mentioned games, there are receptions

http://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/index.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=3210

The place listed in Carbondale would be like another school having their pre-game at Humphreys. It's basically the most prominent SIU bar and might be the closest bar to SIU Arena. Not sure what kind of atmosphere for pre-game though, as the walk from the bar to SIU Arena might be difficult for some, as it would be about a mile walk. Hopefully the bus will transport people from the bar to the arena.

Billiken Athletics@SLU_Billikens37m

BY4RbKeCAAAMOx1.jpg

Crews said today Bills will wear white.