Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been all for hiring Tatum on the staff for years now. However, I don't think hiring him would help us land Jayson. It didn't help CBC land him.

But didnt his mom play a huge part in that?

I've been all for hiring Tatum on the staff for years now. However, I don't think hiring him would help us land Jayson. It didn't help CBC land him.

Why would he transfer and sit out his junior year? Two players who transferred from CBC had to sit out a year or go to a prep school. They chose to go to a prep school.

Why would he transfer and sit out his junior year? Two players who transferred from CBC had to sit out a year or go to a prep school. They chose to go to a prep school.

He would have had to sit out his sophomore season had MSHSAA not granted him a waiver to play immediately.

I think if someone new to this board read this thread from start to finish they'd be amazed that we could post over 35 pages on basically one player that likely won't make a decision for another year and that about once a month there is a debate about whether to hire his father.

I think if someone new to this board read this thread from start to finish they'd be amazed that we could post over 35 pages on basically one player that likely won't make a decision for another year and that about once a month there is a debate about whether to hire his father.

Jayson should just commit to SLU so that we can quit posting about it....

As a Chaminade and SLU grad it would be pretty awesome to see Tatum and Cook play for the Billikens.

SLU finally offered Tyler Cook. Memphis also just offered him, Iowa St did 2 days ago. No word yet that Pastner has any new openings on his staff for any of Cook's family.

Here's an interesting article that just went up about Tatum's interest in possibly staying home. It definitely has to make you a little excited to read this.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/the-allure-of-staying-home-exists-for-2016-forward-jayson-tatum/

It's laughable that anyone even suggests Mizzery as a possibility at this point...

Here's an interesting article that just went up about Tatum's interest in possibly staying home. It definitely has to make you a little excited to read this.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/the-allure-of-staying-home-exists-for-2016-forward-jayson-tatum/

Yep, I got some chills.

Tatum keeps retweeting stuff that says he will talk about a package deal with other recruits (Giles, woods, etc).

If that were to happen, I don't think that would be good news for us. Tatum retweets A LOT though, so not too worried at this point.

All I know is that at this point I am excited by where we are at with Tatum (based merely on reports). From quotes, it is clear that we are high on his list, that he understands the reasons for staying home at SLU, and that he is apparently receiving pressure from those close to him to stay in town. That is all you can ask at this point.

But man is it going to be a difficult task to actually close the deal. He is going to have weekends of being wined and dined by the most elite programs in the country and hear sales pitches from the top coaches in country. An elite recruit turning that down for the hometown mid major does not happen often. Lets hope Jayson is one that does and becomes a Billiken legend.