Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He very well could choose SLU. Like I said above, I really don't know anything for sure. Just trying to share some insight. Agree with you - hopefully he chooses soon.

Giles is going to take some visits and probably won't decide as soon as Tatum. If they both attend Duke it won't be a textbook package deal, but I do believe that the idea of playing together is really important to both of them and it's not just national media talk.

So what does this tell JT. I want to be a package deal with you so you go ahead and decide ... and ... I'll decide a little later. That just doesn't make sense

Sulfan, none of the reasons that JT might conceivably have to attend SLU have any connection with money, or for that matter with anything Crews could provide. If he comes here is because of his own internal reasons. I do not think there is much we can add to the pot to make him come. This is his decision to make, period.

Sulfan, none of the reasons that JT might conceivably have to attend SLU have any connection with money, or for that matter with anything Crews could provide. If he comes here is because of his own internal reasons. I do not think there is much we can add to the pot to make him come. This is his decision to make, period.

Wrong. Imo's.

When it happens, the longest thread ever can be retired.

This is the second-longest thread in terms of posts and the second-most viewed thread. Tops in both categories is "Recruiting - 2013."

And, as others pointed out, the thread can't be retired, because there's still another scholarship to be filled.

How did the choices go from 2 to 4 again?

Tatum never said he was down to 2. That was likely inferred from a conversation he had with the local media a few weeks ago. From Tatum's perspective, there's no real value and calling out who finished 3rd or 4th, so why do it.

Tatum never said he was down to 2. That was likely inferred from a conversation he had with the local media a few weeks ago. From Tatum's perspective, there's no real value and calling out who finished 3rd or 4th, so why do it.

More likely: Conversation was flowing and Tatum let it slip he was actually down to two schools, and then backtracked out of respect for the coaches. A tweet from B Feldman on the topic:

This is the second-longest thread in terms of posts and the second-most viewed thread. Tops in both categories is "Recruiting - 2013."

And, as others pointed out, the thread can't be retired, because there's still another scholarship to be filled.

It's going to be really hard to match the impact of Tatum. I was hoping the thread could be retired, but with one spot to fill in that scenario...someone will take it.

I did watch the entire interview they aired on Sports Sunday that had Feldman's full interview which led to his answer. At the end of the interview, Feldman asked about timeline of when he was deciding and Tatum responded, "more than likely 100% before school starts". Feldman followed up trying to clarify if it will be in a couple months and Tatum then clarified it saying either this month or next. Feldman asked if he had an idea right now, not asking him to say it just asking if he had an idea and Tatum responded, "No....I've got it.....I've got it between two" and you can tell he was thinking about it while answering.

I just rewatched it because I never deleted it from my DVR so he does say he has it between two. Just looked like a kid who said he had it between two in an interview but then decided since he wouldn't be releasing a final 2, just to keep it at all 4 were still in it instead of looking like he was trying to stir up drama. No big deal.

As was posted earlier, apparently Beal said Tatum told him his decision so he does know but just isn't releasing it. This shouldn't surprise anybody because if he truly didn't know, he wouldn't release a time table of his decision. He just isn't cutting the list down anymore.

I'm wondering if Tatum likes St. Louis a lot more than he likes SLU

That seems pretty accurate. During one of the many discussions on Tatum, 05 made a good point and that was that Jayson seems to equate SLU with St. Louis while most other top recruits from the area have not had that same type of connection.

I think the discussion has always been the same since Tatum was the first in his class to receive an offer from Kentucky his freshmen year and that is how much does Jayson really want to stay home. We can't compete with the blue bloods when it comes to attracting elite recruits which is likely the reason we have never been a finalist for a recruit with these types of programs.

Regarding Curry

http://www.scout.com/college/southern-methodist/story/1551595-2016-wing-has-smu-standing-out

SMU, St. Louis and Arkansas are the three standing out to Curry early, who wants to sign in the early period and plans to start taking visits soon.
SMU will get a visit in June from Curry he says, but the rest will begin following Peach Jam.
“I’m trying to see how well I get along with the coaches and the players and how campus is,” Curry said.

Regarding Curry

http://www.scout.com/college/southern-methodist/story/1551595-2016-wing-has-smu-standing-out

SMU, St. Louis and Arkansas are the three standing out to Curry early, who wants to sign in the early period and plans to start taking visits soon.

SMU will get a visit in June from Curry he says, but the rest will begin following Peach Jam.

Im trying to see how well I get along with the coaches and the players and how campus is, Curry said.

Tatum and curry would be a top 25 class, I think.

Am I wrong?

I thought this site was interesting. Apparently two of the 4 national "experts" that have predicted Tatum's destination in the last 2 days have picked SLU. One "expert" writer for UNC and picked the Tarheels...

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jayson-Tatum-at-Chaminade-College-Prep-School-40879/CurrentExpertPredictions

The "Kansas Insider" picked SLU...found that interesting.

I thought this site was interesting. Apparently two of the 4 national "experts" that have predicted Tatum's destination in the last 2 days have picked SLU. One "expert" writer for UNC and picked the Tarheels...

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jayson-Tatum-at-Chaminade-College-Prep-School-40879/CurrentExpertPredictions

I can see why you put the word expert in quotes, they have a very loose definition of "expert", that's for sure.

Our buddy M. Miller from Wisconsin predicted Tatum going to SLU. Miller was a good visiting poster on this board.